Golden Boy Tom Brady suspended four games

You're in good company, RNB.

Donald Trump is running for president. Apparently he's trying to lock up the New England voter base.

Trump said Thursday that it's "ridiculous" the way Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has been treated by the NFL in the wake of New England's Deflategate scandal.

“I think it’s ridiculous the way they’ve treated him,” Trump said on Fox Business Network’s “Mornings with Maria." "He’s a friend of mine, he’s a great friend of mine. He’s a great guy. I think it is terrible the way they’ve treated him.

"The country has bigger problems."

Brady appealed a four-game suspension for allegedly knowing he used underinflated footballs during January's AFC Championship game. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell heard the appeal on June 23, but upheld the suspension. The NFLPA and NFL are now embroiled in a long court battle, which both sides hope comes to a conclusion before Sept. 4.

Trump is hopeful that will happen as well, and that a ruling goes in Brady's favor. His fantasy football team depends on it.

“I have taken him for years," Trump said, "and if you have done some friendly bets onTom Brady, you’ve done very well."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-08-22/donald-trump-tom-brady-deflategate-president-patriots-goodell

Donald Trump is running for president. Apparently he's trying to lock up the New England voter base.

Trump said Thursday that it's "ridiculous" the way Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has been treated by the NFL in the wake of New England's Deflategate scandal.

“I think it’s ridiculous the way they’ve treated him,” Trump said on Fox Business Network’s “Mornings with Maria." "He’s a friend of mine, he’s a great friend of mine. He’s a great guy. I think it is terrible the way they’ve treated him.

Brady appealed a four-game suspension for allegedly knowing he used underinflated footballs during January's AFC Championship game. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell heard the appeal on June 23, but upheld the suspension. The NFLPA and NFL are now embroiled in a long court battle, which both sides hope comes to a conclusion before Sept. 4.

Trump is hopeful that will happen as well, and that a ruling goes in Brady's favor. His fantasy football team depends on it.

“I have taken him for years," Trump said, "and if you have done some friendly bets onTom Brady, you’ve done very well."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-08-22/donald-trump-tom-brady-deflategate-president-patriots-goodell

Last night I saw AC/DC at Gillette Stadium. Like the stadium's most notable residents, they keep delivering the excellence their fans expect. On the way out, the crowd on the concourse broke into a "Free Tom Brady" chant.

I just thought you'd like to hear that LABT.

http://www.sportingn...atriots-goodell

Last night I saw AC/DC at Gillette Stadium. Like the stadium's most notable residents, they keep delivering the excellence their fans expect. On the way out, the crowd on the concourse broke into a "Free Tom Brady" chant.

Not surprising. Barrabas died a long time ago.

And your Messiah suffers the scorn and punishment of Pilate, nka Judge Berman.

Who do you say I am?

Who do you say I am?

Let's just hope that the judge isn't related to Judge Roberts. Judging by some of his comments (second half performance? WTF) he might be Roberts' younger brother. Or Sotobreyganberg, for whom no amount of evidence could sway its keen (pre)judicial mind.

Who do you say I am?

Let's just hope that the judge isn't related to Judge Roberts. Judging by some of his comments (second half performance? WTF) he might be Roberts' younger brother. Or Sotobreyganberg, for whom no amount of evidence could sway its keen (pre)judicial mind.

"Let [us] hope"? Is "us" everyone who hopes Tom Brady isn't able to get the Pats off to (yet another) 4-0 start?

Who do you say I am?

"Let [us] hope"? Is "us" everyone who hopes Tom Brady isn't able to get the Pats off to (yet another) 4-0 start?

Nope. Everyone who values fair play and no one being above the law.

Who do you say I am?

*cough* *Sammy Sosa*

*cough*'*1982 AFC Championship game*

I'm sorry. What did you say?

Who do you say I am?

*cough* *Sammy Sosa*

So you admit that Brady is guilty, and all you have left is deflection.

Got it. Wise move considering how obvious it is that he's a cheater.

Who do you say I am?

*cough* *Sammy Sosa*

Nope. Just pointing out that neither of us is "us" evidently.

Who do you say I am?

*cough* *Sammy Sosa*

When have I ever defended Sosa? I, as do most Cub fans, have no love for the guy.

Who do you say I am?

*cough* *Sammy Sosa*

When have I ever defended Sosa? I, as do most Cub fans, have no love for the guy.

Did you feel that way in 1998, when it was obvious to everyone that he and McGwire were juicing? Do you agree that Shula is a despicable cheater for what he did to the field before the Jets game?

Who do you say I am?

*cough* *Sammy Sosa*

Did you feel that way in 1998, when it was obvious to everyone that he and McGwire were juicing? Do you agree that Shula is a despicable cheater for what he did to the field before the Jets game?

I don't really expect you to believe this but I was never really a big Sosa fan. Too many strikeouts in clutch situations. Too many HRs in meaningless situations.

As far as Shula was concerned, yes, he should never have had that guy clear the field for John Smith. As far as the 1982 AFC Championship game (I suppose that's what you're talking about) as the AEI report on the game shows, it wasn't that the field the Jets played on was too wet, it was that the field the Dolphins played on was too dry.

• Like 1

Who do you say I am?

*cough* *Sammy Sosa*

I don't really expect you to believe this but I was never really a big Sosa fan. Too many strikeouts in clutch situations. Too many HRs in meaningless situations.

As far as Shula was concerned, yes, he should never have had that guy clear the field for John Smith. As far as the 1982 AFC Championship game (I suppose that's what you're talking about) as the AEI report on the game shows, it wasn't that the field the Jets played on was too wet, it was that the field the Dolphins played on was too dry.

Did Sosa also take too many PEDs and use too many bats that were illegal too? When he did come up big, did you turn up your nose because he was cheating?

If we're being honest for a second, I think we all forgive "our" cheaters and condemn our opponents', especially our rivals' cheaters.

And the case against Brady is far from as clear as people who hate the Patriots want to believe. Moreover, the discipline imposed is ridiculously overboard.

Who do you say I am?

*cough* *Sammy Sosa*

Did Sosa also take too many PEDs and use too many bats that were illegal too? When he did come up big, did you turn up your nose because he was cheating?

If we're being honest for a second, I think we all forgive "our" cheaters and condemn our opponents', especially our rivals' cheaters.

And the case against Brady is far from as clear as people who hate the Patriots want to believe. Moreover, the discipline imposed is ridiculously overboard.

The case against Brady is far far beyond the standards used. And I don't think the punishment is overboard at all. I think the comparison to steroids is very apt. It's a competitive advantage vs those who follow the rules, and if anyone thinks someone who prepares as meticulously as Brady would not pay sufficient attention to the football is as deluded as a Trump voter.

Who do you say I am?

*cough* *Sammy Sosa*

The case against Brady is far far beyond the standards used. And I don't think the punishment is overboard at all. I think the comparison to steroids is very apt. It's a competitive advantage vs those who follow the rules, and if anyone thinks someone who prepares as meticulously as Brady would not pay sufficient attention to the football is as deluded as a Trump voter.

But you laughed at Judge Berman's observation about Brady's performance after the first half of the AFC Championship. He played better after the half, and again in the Super Bowl. Do juicers usually play better off of it? The advantage was having a ball under 12.5 psi? That the refs themselves never noticed when they handled the balls before every, single, snap?

The written penalty for under or overinflating a ball starts at $25,000. The Patriots got fined $1 million, lost 2 draft picks, including a 1, and Brady will sit for 4 games. Based upon an "independent" investigation whose science has been challenged by a think tank, that was edited by the NFL's general counsel. The commissioner, recognizing the attention this matter was getting, inexplicably declined to hire a truly independent person to preside over the arbitration hearing, and limited the time the petitioner had to present his case. The commissioner's organization leaked false information to sympathetic media to demonize Brady and the Patriots. And they defend his punishment by saying he failed to cooperate with them by not giving them something they had no right to, and without telling him his failure to produce it would result in discipline. Most tellingly, they didn't bother to pursue the information they say he "refused" to give them from other avenues, as any real investigator does with information they really need.

There's no shame in someone saying he hates the Patriots and loves the fact that they've been getting roughed up since January. But someone who suggests that this process has been proper is as deluded as someone who believes that Hillary had her own email server to limit the number of devices she had to carry.

I haven't been following sports much this summer,

Is the suspension upheld?

So far. The NFL filed suit to confirm the arbitration award. Brady has challenged it. The judge will rule next week if it doesn't settle.

Thanks,

Can he practice with the team?

I haven't been following sports much this summer,

Is the suspension upheld?

So far. The NFL filed suit to confirm the arbitration award. Brady has challenged it. The judge will rule next week if it doesn't settle.

Thanks,

Can he practice with the team?

Yes. He has been, and he's played in both practice games. Briefly in both cases.

• Like 1

http://images.latintimes.com/sites/latintimes.com/files/styles/pulse_embed_breakpoints_theme_lt_desktop_1x/public/2015/05/12/tom-brady-memes_5.jpg