The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

I love Innuendo. Great Farewell to a legendary band

Mick

If I keep up with my nightly saxophone practicing for the rest of this week I get a 25 dollar iTunes gift card, with which I shall finally purchase that legendary album. I can't wait to hear it. :D

• Like 2

Mick

If I keep up with my nightly saxophone practicing for the rest of this week I get a 25 dollar iTunes gift card, with which I shall finally purchase that legendary album. I can't wait to hear it. :D

stop.........you've never heart it?????????

Mick

Mick

Mick

Have I not explained my purchase plan for all of Queen's albums to you? Here it is: when I first started buying albums Queen was already my favorite band from their greatest hits (the good one) and the snippets of other hits I'd heard on iTunes. I decided then that I wanted to buy Queen's studio albums to get more Queen, but I thought really hard about what album I wanted to get first and I had this cool idea. Why not imitate actually growing up with Queen still around (to an extent) and buy them all in chronological order? That way I have to listen to and digest even the ones people say are bad and there's a build-up to the more monumental releases. So that day I started off strong with Queen and Queen II, listening to them in that order. It was a few months down the road I got the cash to buy Sheer Heart Attack, and thus the trend became that I would get new Queen albums in chronological order only as I had the cash and opportunity (additionally, I nearly always went for the delux versions on iTunes, because even the regular versions are nearly impossible to find in actual stores, and I wanted the bonus tracks). I spaced out my purchases (which started the summer before my freshman year) so that I would buy Innuendo towards the end of senior year, that way the finality and swan-song nature of the album that I had heard about (and heard in the hits from it) would be even more affective as I faced the end of my high school experience (I go to probably the greatest high school on the planet btw, so leaving will undoubtedly be emotional for pretty much my whole class). Well I'm close enough now to justify that purchase (especially since Made In Heaven exists to satiate my need for new Queen that will reappear later in the year), so at the end of this week, I'm getting Innuendo for the first time.

Short version: I started buying all of their studio albums chronologically just before I started high school and have spaced out my purchases so that I would get Innuendo toward the end of my high school experience, well I'm a senior now and this semester is already flying by. Time to make that purchase.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Have I not explained my purchase plan for all of Queen's albums to you? Here it is: when I first started buying albums Queen was already my favorite band from their greatest hits (the good one) and the snippets of other hits I'd heard on iTunes. I decided then that I wanted to buy Queen's studio albums to get more Queen, but I thought really hard about what album I wanted to get first and I had this cool idea. Why not imitate actually growing up with Queen still around (to an extent) and buy them all in chronological order? That way I have to listen to and digest even the ones people say are bad and there's a build-up to the more monumental releases. So that day I started off strong with Queen and Queen II, listening to them in that order. It was a few months down the road I got the cash to buy Sheer Heart Attack, and thus the trend became that I would get new Queen albums in chronological order only as I had the cash and opportunity (additionally, I nearly always went for the delux versions on iTunes, because even the regular versions are nearly impossible to find in actual stores, and I wanted the bonus tracks). I spaced out my purchases (which started the summer before my freshman year) so that I would buy Innuendo towards the end of senior year, that way the finality and swan-song nature of the album that I had heard about (and heard in the hits from it) would be even more affective as I faced the end of my high school experience (I go to probably the greatest high school on the planet btw, so leaving will undoubtedly be emotional for pretty much my whole class). Well I'm close enough now to justify that purchase (especially since Made In Heaven exists to satiate my need for new Queen that will reappear later in the year), so at the end of this week, I'm getting Innuendo for the first time.

Short version: I started buying all of their studio albums chronologically just before I started high school and have spaced out my purchases so that I would get Innuendo toward the end of my high school experience, well I'm a senior now and this semester is already flying by. Time to make that purchase.

oh ok......i like that actually. Queen is a GREAT band to do that with too.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

oh ok......i like that actually. Queen is a GREAT band to do that with too.

Mick

Thanks. Once you start doing it with a band it's kind of a tough habit to break, not just with that band but with others. The more I care about a band I start listening to, the more I want to go chronologically to notice the progression. After starting with 2112 and CA for Rush, well you can check my sig to see I went pretty chronologically for a while there.

• Like 1

Mick, this is a lost classic!

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab336/jabragun_2009/Front1.jpg

Well let me see.........just by looking at the cover and the font of the band's name..........AOR?

lol

Mick

• Like 1

Well let me see.........just by looking at the cover and the font of the band's name..........AOR?

lol

Mick

Death metal

• Like 1

Don't buy it that Crap's AOR, lol

it reeks of hooks and keyboards and i've not heard it yet, lol

Mick

Go back to your Bon Jovi then.

Pure suckage they are.

• Like 1

Mick

Pure suckage they are.

your just hurting your own feelings then......i like Jovi but i wouldn't miss em if they went away, lol

we ain't married, lol

Kidding aside i'll look these guys up.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Pure suckage they are.

your just hurting your own feelings then......i like Jovi but i wouldn't miss em if they went away, lol

we ain't married, lol

Kidding aside i'll look these guys up.

Mick

Of all my top bands, I agree! I could easily never hear them again.

But I am so glad I don't have to worry about that!

Play them I shall!

• Like 1

I love how There can be a few people in this thread........As soon as AOR/Jovi comes up.....it's like someone yelled Fire!!!

lol

Mick

Ikr?!

I have had a lovely day of Shania Twain and AOR. It's been fab!

• Like 1

I have to say something.

AOR is the one and only form of rock or metal that truly doesn't need to have any innovation to please me!

I just want great songs, big hooks, smooth vocals, and it can be either hard rocking or slushy. It will likely please me!

Some exceptions: Journey really don't click with me. Steve Perry is just another AOR vocalist whose talent is great, but not that great. And Kilroy Was Here.

• Like 2

I love how There can be a few people in this thread........As soon as AOR/Jovi comes up.....it's like someone yelled Fire!!!

lol

Mick

Ikr?!

I haven't Had an Itch for Classic AOR in a good while.

Bon Jovi's brand of pop/Heartland/Springsteen-esque Cornball Cliche rock has been consuming me, lol

those were all complements BTW

Mick

• Like 1

lol

Mick

Ikr?!

I haven't Had an Itch for Classic AOR in a good while.

Bon Jovi's brand of pop/Heartland/Springsteen-esque Cornball Cliche rock has been consuming me, lol

those were all complements BTW

Mick

I know what you mean, but I can play Jovi easily alongside Strangeways or Styx!

• Like 1

Taking AOR

There's very few AOR Bands that Don't do it for me.

Couple of Exceptions

1. Journey- Great Singles band.......but their albums don't cut it most times. i don't mind perry.

2. Styx-These guys should be way higher for me then they are.....but i rarely play them. they do not cut it...........DEYOUNG!!!!!!!!!

It really is his Fault.

Mick

• Like 1

Taking AOR

There's very few AOR Bands that Don't do it for me.

Couple of Exceptions

1. Journey- Great Singles band.......but their albums don't cut it most times. i don't mind perry.

2. Styx-These guys should be way higher for me then they are.....but i rarely play them. they do not cut it...........DEYOUNG!!!!!!!!!

It really is his Fault.

Mick

Styx rank very highly for me. Cutting off point starts with Kilroy.

Before then, I can say I now love it all, to varying degrees!

I thought this would interest you Segue

Out of the Jovi albums i enjoy.

1. Have a Nice Day

2. Crush

3. These Days

4. Burning Bridges

5. Because We Can

6. Lost Highway

7. The Circle

8. Bounce

9. Keep The Faith

Mick

• Like 1

I thought this would interest you Segue

Out of the Jovi albums i enjoy.

1. Have a Nice Day

2. Crush

3. These Days

4. Burning Bridges

5. Because We Can

6. Lost Highway

7. The Circle

8. Bounce

9. Keep The Faith

Mick

Awesome!

Shame about Keep The Faith...

How about What About Now?

that was my mistake, lol

Because we Can should be What about Now.

I don't know why i thought it was Called Because We can, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

that was my mistake, lol

Mick

It's OK I read it and was like "legit album title"

• Like 1

that was my mistake, lol

Mick

It's OK I read it and was like "legit album title"

Because we can sould have been the Title......i like both songs but Because we Can is the better one.

plus the whiners going......BJ Why ANOTHER album???????

They can answer.....Because we can!!!

lol

Mick

• Like 1