HUGE SPOILERS, PROBABLY HALF THE SETLIST

pfrushfan0122

As great a song as Xanadu is, you guys do realize it's not the greatest live song....right? I remember a critic in the 80's calling it a self indulgent song that missed the mark from the Indy show I went to. Headlong Flight is probably a better live song if more folks were familiar with it. haha

As great a song as Xanadu is, you guys do realize it's not the greatest live song....right? I remember a critic in the 80's calling it a self indulgent song that missed the mark from the Indy show I went to. Headlong Flight is probably a better live song if more folks were familiar with it. haha

um respectfully..........pish posh , lol

Mick

• Like 4

I'm really hoping that most of this is just stuff playing in video clips. What happened when Alex said they really dug deep? This is the setlist I'd imagine them playing if they were going to be a nostalgia band and just bring out old tunes.

Also, as much as I love CA, there are way too many CA songs for a farewell tour.

It isnt a farewell tour.

I'm really hoping that most of this is just stuff playing in video clips. What happened when Alex said they really dug deep? This is the setlist I'd imagine them playing if they were going to be a nostalgia band and just bring out old tunes.

Also, as much as I love CA, there are way too many CA songs for a farewell tour.

It just occurred to me that maybe that's how they want us to remember them. Rush, like every other band (really, how many times, if ever, have you heard any band say they like their old songs better than their new ones???), thinks their most recent album is the best yet.

i can see that........but their dead wrong and makes for a tedious bathroom filled evening.

If true...i'm glad i skipped.

Mick

Sour puss

It just occurred to me that maybe that's how they want us to remember them. Rush, like every other band (really, how many times, if ever, have you heard any band say they like their old songs better than their new ones???), thinks their most recent album is the best yet.

i can see that........but their dead wrong and makes for a tedious bathroom filled evening.

If true...i'm glad i skipped.

Mick

Sour puss

i prefer honest thank you very much :)

Mick

Do some of you folks realize how many bands play the exact same show, with absolutely 0 changes to set list or order for year upon year upon year? Seriously...we're in damn good shape as far as varying setlists from tour to tour goes. The only way it can be better is if they would start with say 50 songs and create completely unique set lists every night.

People complain that they played certain songs on R30...however that was 11 years ago. By comparison, when I first saw Rush (HYF tour), 11 years prior would have been 2112. 11 years is a long time for any song to be out of rotation.

Again, MISSING the point. The ENTIRE alleged leaked list is R30 or current, last 4 tours, sans two songs. After what was promised by the band, its a disappointing list, given its the last tour and they indicated setlist would be special, not repeats.

Plus to compare 11 year gap to other eras when albums were released every year is a hugely misleading comment.

• Like 1

Everyone here does realize, i hope, that this forum represents probably .01% of all Rush fans and probably more than %75 of the rest dont give a flying drum stick if they break out old sh*t or not. They want what they are familiar with and those are the rock radio staples and popular songs off recent albums. Rush gives that to people.

Jaded bunch of Rush fans here and Im dissappointed in the lof of you.

Haha

• Like 2

Do some of you folks realize how many bands play the exact same show, with absolutely 0 changes to set list or order for year upon year upon year? Seriously...we're in damn good shape as far as varying setlists from tour to tour goes. The only way it can be better is if they would start with say 50 songs and create completely unique set lists every night.

People complain that they played certain songs on R30...however that was 11 years ago. By comparison, when I first saw Rush (HYF tour), 11 years prior would have been 2112. 11 years is a long time for any song to be out of rotation.

Again, MISSING the point. The ENTIRE alleged leaked list is R30 or current, last 4 tours, sans two songs. After what was promised by the band, its a disappointing list, given its the last tour and they indicated setlist would be special, not repeats.

Plus to compare 11 year gap to other eras when albums were released every year is a hugely misleading comment.

I realize that you dont want to hear this but this list is only video credits. Its not the setlist.

Everyone here does realize, i hope, that this forum represents probably .01% of all Rush fans and probably more than %75 of the rest dont give a flying drum stick if they break out old sh*t or not. They want what they are familiar with and those are the rock radio staples and popular songs off recent albums. Rush gives that to people.

Jaded bunch of Rush fans here and Im dissappointed in the lof of you.

Haha

Right on......we are a bunch of whiny unhappy rush purists who will probably be a tiny portion of the crowd all in all, lol

Mick

• Like 1

What would you rather hear? One Little Victory or Xanadu? Far Cry or Xanadu? Roll The Bones or Xanadu? The Wreckers or Xanadu?

You'd have to be cracked not to sacrifice those songs and several others in order to hear Xanadu.

• Like 3

What would you rather hear? One Little Victory or Xanadu? Far Cry or Xanadu? Roll The Bones or Xanadu? The Wreckers or Xanadu?

You'd have to be cracked not to sacrifice those songs and several others in order to hear Xanadu.

Welcome to the Sour Puss and Jaded Rush Fans Club!

It's as elite a membership as Zumbi's 90%ers. :yes: :cheers:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

1. Yes, it is a great song.

2. No, I don't realize any such nonsense - it's a f***ing killer live track not least for the atmosphere. It's got frickin' everything.

3. That critic from the 80s is frankly a bonehead. He or she can take a long walk off a short dock. Self-indulgent my muscular buttocks. It's fan indulgent, is what that is. Killer tune.

4. Headlong Flight is also a great tune, but Xanadu is a Mother-of-all-that's-holy bonafide masterpiece.

edit: shitshitshit, I always forget: :)

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 5

Headlong Flight is also a great tune, but Xanadu is a Mother-of-all-that's-holy bonafide masterpiece.

HF is a masterpiece. It's not Xanadu, but Rush has never kicked more ass in a song!

• Like 1

Headlong Flight is also a great tune, but Xanadu is a Mother-of-all-that's-holy bonafide masterpiece.

HF is a masterpiece. It's not Xanadu, but Rush has never kicked more ass in a song!

Ready TM/.........I Agree.

GASP!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 2

Ready TM/.........I Agree.

GASP!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 1

Yes, I consider my ass kicked by Headlong Flight, but I wouldn't say my ass has not been at least as equally battered by other Rush tunes, if not more so.

• Like 1

Yes, I consider my ass kicked by Headlong Flight, but I wouldn't say my ass has not been at least as equally battered by other Rush tunes, if not more so.

HF as much as i hate CA.....blew me back when i heard it. Rush has kicked plenty of ass. but in my mind at that point in time. they hadn't done that in a long while.

Mick

• Like 2

HF as much as i hate CA.....blew me back when i heard it. Rush has kicked plenty of ass. but in my mind at that point in time. they hadn't done that in a long while.

Mick

For me Mick, they've never produced ANYTHING like that song. It's got it all. When i first heard it...I had a three day chub!

• Like 2

Mick

For me Mick, they've never produced ANYTHING like that song. It's got it all. When i first heard it...I had a three day chub!

:laughing guy:

I won't go as far as you there.......but let's not ruin the moment

We both love it bro, lol

Mick

• Like 2

I think the songs not listed will be deeper cuts. It would make sense because Neil is going old-school and they probably wouldn't want videos for them. And you complainers need to realize we DO NOT know which songs will be rotated. What I think is that the CA material will be rotated as well as RTB and Animate and possibly OLV and Far Cry.