When you view someone's profile page, What are you looking for?

sundog

Honestly, isn't the profile information there for other people to read? Otherwise why have it there at all? It's actually kind of an odd question to ask.

It is there for people to read - I was curious as to WHICH information people found pertinent. I find I have people dropping by semi regularly - and since no one had ever left me a feed message before, or responded to mine, I wanted to know.

Realistically, once it's read - what else is there to revisit for, unless there is more to it. I thought it a fair question, I am sorry you find it odd.

Sunny just wants to know if they're there cos they think she's hot. :joker:

Um, No

:hi: :givebeer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/786.jpg

Personalised beer I like it! :clap:

Now that everyone is appropriately distracted - Treeduck, I need to know

Do YOU think I'm hot?

Of course! ;)

Then my life is complete. :)

Not yet you've got to washing to do and dinner!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/10_6_9.gif

• Like 2

Honestly, isn't the profile information there for other people to read? Otherwise why have it there at all? It's actually kind of an odd question to ask.

It is there for people to read - I was curious as to WHICH information people found pertinent. I find I have people dropping by semi regularly - and since no one had ever left me a feed message before, or responded to mine, I wanted to know.

Realistically, once it's read - what else is there to revisit for, unless there is more to it. I thought it a fair question, I am sorry you find it odd.

Um, No

Do YOU think I'm hot?

Of course! ;)

Obviously Duck is not married

• Like 2

Well I looked at your profile and you looked at mine, but yet I am still waiting on the message you speak of? Anyway an answer to your question is; for me it's just a matter of good ole fashioned curiosity. When I see a post or a comment or engaged in the chat room I like to see the info that is posted on the membes profile. To see where they live, age what their interests are favorite music etc...Isn't what it's there for??

That is what it's there for - I just wondered what people are looking at specifically.

You seem a little defensive. I assure you, I'm not trying to catch anyone's hand in the cookie jar.

It's all in good fun. Digi didn't even know this was a thing. :LOL:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/Profile%20Feed.jpg

My apologies I did not want to seem defensive, I should've added an emoticon so I will now :) belated

• Like 1

Some of us are VERY forgetful!

Well I looked at your profile and you looked at mine, but yet I am still waiting on the message you speak of? Anyway an answer to your question is; for me it's just a matter of good ole fashioned curiosity. When I see a post or a comment or engaged in the chat room I like to see the info that is posted on the membes profile. To see where they live, age what their interests are favorite music etc...Isn't what it's there for??

That is what it's there for - I just wondered what people are looking at specifically.

You seem a little defensive. I assure you, I'm not trying to catch anyone's hand in the cookie jar.

It's all in good fun. Digi didn't even know this was a thing. :LOL:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/Profile%20Feed.jpg

My apologies I did not want to seem defensive, I should've added an emoticon so I will now :) belated

No worries, my dear.

Emotes do help. :cheers:

Edited by sundog

Um, No

Do YOU think I'm hot?

Of course! ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/10_6_9.gif

And some aerobics!

I do it,

To check out others interests. :D

• Like 1

I always see names of people who I have never seen before checking out my profile. I admit that I am very intrigued why they wanted to check out my profile but I never check theirs out. I figure since they didn't PM me or anything that they didn't find me as interesting as maybe they thought they would!

I'm half tempted to write the screwiest info now in my profile.

• Like 4

Generally speaking, I don't look at people's profiles. Just generally speaking. I'm not saying it's never ever happened; of course not.

Anyway...anyone who visits mine isn't going to find too terribly much, either.

We are free to put as much or as little information in those things as we want. :)

• Like 2

Blue J, in the meet Rush thread, alluded to Neil insulting his drum kit ;). So I'm gonna look to re check to see if he plays the skins...

Blue J, in the meet Rush thread, alluded to Neil insulting his drum kit ;). So I'm gonna look to re check to see if he plays the skins...

That bit of info actually IS in my profile! Hahaha...

I've played the drums for about 30 years now.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 3

That bit of info actually IS in my profile! Hahaha...

I've played the drums for about 30 years now.

Thanks :). And in a few weeks I will forget and look again!

• Like 1

^^^ This and she is... :)
  • Like 1

I do it,

To check out others interests. :D

If I ever revisit a profile, it's usually because I've forgotten that I've already viewed it or what was on it.

• Like 2

Thank-you, Narpski :blush:

I'm not out for inclusion on anyone's hot or not list.

Personality over looks every day of the week.

• Like 2

I know. I was half teasing. Its nice to hear you're hot once in a while too I would imagine cus I wouldn't obviously know... :)

I know. I was half teasing. Its nice to hear you're hot once in a while too I would imagine cus I wouldn't obviously know... :)

Awww, it is nice to hear, and you are very handsome. Your wife is a lucky lady.

I don't want people to believe that is what I am after though.

There are people that my looks appeal to and there are people that my looks won't... Not everyone likes a bobblehead. Sayin'?

Awww, it is nice to hear, and you are very handsome. Your wife is a lucky lady.

I don't want people to believe that is what I am after though.

There are people that my looks appeal to and there are people that my looks won't... Not everyone likes a bobblehead. Sayin'?

:blush: True enough and thanks for making my week. Much appreciated... :)
  • Like 1

Um, No

Do YOU think I'm hot?

Of course! ;)

Obviously Duck is not married

You make it sound like prison and you're a lifer! :16ton:

I'm not looking for anything when I view a profile page. Most often, I am just dropping in to say "Hiya!" Sometimes I will look to see how old a person is which often explains their posts.

As for my page, I am sure that the great horror they find is this:

Number of Rush Concerts Attended (or whatever it is that it says) - 0.

:laughing guy:

• Like 2