The TRF Infirmary Thread

Lorraine

Maybe all of the different medications you take are doing a number on you.

sometimes I think doctors make us feel worse in the long run.

Could be. Don't know. I know the anxiety meds are absolutely necessary as I don't want to be visiting the emergency room weekly as I was a little over a year ago. I never want to feel that bad ever again. The pain meds really help my general arthritis issues and my hand/wrist of course. :sigh: I actually did sigh btw :LOL: Who knows?... Just roll'in along with life and we will see what happens...

Since this is the infirmary thread I have some new developments to report while I am here. I haven't been feeling well for going on a month now. I had some allergy testing done last week and I am allergic to some stuff but nothing mind blowing. I have terrible congestion every day and just feel ill. I went to my primary doc yesterday. He gave me a breathing test and did a chest x ray as I am having trouble breathing. The upshot is he gave me another antibiotic (my at least 6th one in the past 6 months) and he gave me a steroid for 5 days to try to feel better and kick this thing. Also now I have got a prescription for a breathing medication (steroid) to be used twice daily (Advair) and an emergency inhaler thingy. Good grief. I may look healthy and in good shape (which I think I am) but I sure don't feel it. Hope this stuff helps and I am going to need more bathroom counter space soon to house all this crap i take :LOL: I am also seriously considering going to see a therapist for my anxiety and depression (I guess) issues as soon as possible. Never done something like this before but I am completely open to it (if my insurance pays for it only). If my insurance doesn't pay for a finite amount of visits then it won't be happening because there is no way I can afford it. Apologies for the long winded post but I figure this is the place for it. Anyone been there and done any of this your input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance... :)

You could be allergic to something they didn't test for. I have multiple allergies and showed a reaction to everything they tested for. They told me that it can be a combination of several things, it just builds on top of itself. If they gave you an antibiotic they must think you have some sort of bacterial infection.

Since this is the infirmary thread I have some new developments to report while I am here. I haven't been feeling well for going on a month now. I had some allergy testing done last week and I am allergic to some stuff but nothing mind blowing. I have terrible congestion every day and just feel ill. I went to my primary doc yesterday. He gave me a breathing test and did a chest x ray as I am having trouble breathing. The upshot is he gave me another antibiotic (my at least 6th one in the past 6 months) and he gave me a steroid for 5 days to try to feel better and kick this thing. Also now I have got a prescription for a breathing medication (steroid) to be used twice daily (Advair) and an emergency inhaler thingy. Good grief. I may look healthy and in good shape (which I think I am) but I sure don't feel it. Hope this stuff helps and I am going to need more bathroom counter space soon to house all this crap i take :LOL: I am also seriously considering going to see a therapist for my anxiety and depression (I guess) issues as soon as possible. Never done something like this before but I am completely open to it (if my insurance pays for it only). If my insurance doesn't pay for a finite amount of visits then it won't be happening because there is no way I can afford it. Apologies for the long winded post but I figure this is the place for it. Anyone been there and done any of this your input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance... :)

You could be allergic to something they didn't test for. I have multiple allergies and showed a reaction to everything they tested for. They told me that it can be a combination of several things, it just builds on top of itself. If they gave you an antibiotic they must think you have some sort of bacterial infection.

I am allergic to some grass, trees and weeds. Probably pretty common. Also apples which I found very interesting which was the strongest. Also some fish, bread and whole eggs... :huh:

I am allergic to some grass, trees and weeds. Probably pretty common. Also apples which I found very interesting which was the strongest. Also some fish, bread and whole eggs... :huh:

If it's wheat you're sensitive to you might have a gluten sensitivity. Wheat and eggs are in so things it seems. I have a friend that has Celiac disease and she feels horrible if she doesn't stick to her diet. She also gets sinus congestion.

• Like 1

Don't waste money on any therapist either, Narps. I think you already know why you are anxious and depressed. To go from an active life to a sedentary one isn't easy.

Yeah I would agree with this 100%.

Don't waste money on any therapist either, Narps. I think you already know why you are anxious and depressed. To go from an active life to a sedentary one isn't easy.

Personally, I think having a good heart to heart with someone who genuinely cares about you does more good than any counselor or therapy ever could.

But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

Personally, I think having a good heart to heart with someone who genuinely cares about you does more good than any counselor or therapy ever could.

The problem is and this is based on my insurance covering the sessions, some of the problem may have to do with our relationship and they are things we just can't seem to ever talk about. Its like there is an imaginary wall between us that has been there since I can remember. This is just between us ok? :unsure: It would be difficult to understand unless you were living it yourself. We have what I would call a friendly relationship and very few common interests outside of our children and house and bills and normal stuff like that but that is about it. Anyway, we will see. I really appreciate your caring and point of view... :)
  • Like 1

The problem is and this is based on my insurance covering the sessions, some of the problem may have to do with our relationship and they are things we just can't seem to ever talk about. Its like there is an imaginary wall between us that has been there since I can remember. This is just between us ok? :unsure: It would be difficult to understand unless you were living it yourself. We have what I would call a friendly relationship and very few common interests outside of our children and house and bills and normal stuff like that but that is about it. Anyway, we will see. I really appreciate your caring and point of view... :)

The part I was agreeing with was the active to sedentary lifestyle. Therapists can be good or bad. I've had some pretty bad experiences with them, but I'm sure there are good ones out there.

The part I was agreeing with was the active to sedentary lifestyle. Therapists can be good or bad. I've had some pretty bad experiences with them, but I'm sure there are good ones out there.

I strange thing about that is that I was already a year into not working when this all started and I was thrilled to not be working and keeping busy for the most part as I try to do now. I don't feel worthless or useless in any way in fact quite the opposite. My wife has already half joked that its probably her fault I feel the way I do. Its probably our fault if anything...

I strange thing about that is that I was already a year into not working when this all started and I was thrilled to not be working and keeping busy for the most part as I try to do now. I don't feel worthless or useless in any way in fact quite the opposite. My wife has already half joked that its probably her fault I feel the way I do. Its probably our fault if anything...

Just curious, but did your anxiety just pop up out of nowhere but did you have it before you stopped working?

Just curious, but did your anxiety just pop up out of nowhere but did you have it before you stopped working?

Never had it before I stopped working and a full year after. It actually started not long after my wife and I actually tried to have a discussion about our relationship. No yelling or anything. We never fight or yell at each other. That's why I think it has something to do with that. If you are any more curious I would rather do it privately and would respect your opinion of course. Must not be a show tonight or a periscope going up... :LOL:

Never had it before I stopped working and a full year after. It actually started not long after my wife and I actually tried to have a discussion about our relationship. No yelling or anything. We never fight or yell at each other. That's why I think it has something to do with that. If you are any more curious I would rather do it privately and would respect your opinion of course. Must not be a show tonight or a periscope going up... :LOL:

That's okay, I didn't expect you to go into detail about it. I was just wondering when it started. :)

That's okay, I didn't expect you to go into detail about it. I was just wondering when it started. :)

I wouldn't want to hear my problems either. Thanks for caring enough to go this far. Have a good night... :codger:

I wouldn't want to hear my problems either. Thanks for caring enough to go this far. Have a good night... :codger:

Oh that's not what I meant! I just meant I didn't expect you to go into detail on a public forum.

Oh that's not what I meant! I just meant I didn't expect you to go into detail on a public forum.

I understand. My post didn't come out like I intended. My bad... :)
  • Like 1

I am on annual leave for the week. It's the first holiday I've had since Christmas.

I am going to use it for rest. It's been a busy, exhausting and stressful few weeks. I have seriously needed this break.

May I be admitted to TRF's infirmary?

• Like 3

I am on annual leave for the week. It's the first holiday I've had since Christmas.

I am going to use it for rest. It's been a busy, exhausting and stressful few weeks. I have seriously needed this break.

Enjoy your time off!

Have a seat ~ You may feel a little pinch

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/36_1_40.gif

Here, have a cold drink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/coffeecheers.gif *I snuck this in for you*

You can relax here and get some well needed R&R

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/ani21.gif

Ignore your work calls and emails:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/earplug.gif

By the end of the week you'll be feeling like new! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/s55.gif

When you return to your regularly scheduled life, you can talk about (Or not http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/nope.gif) your spa treatment in the TRF Infirmary.

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy221/anna_solun/SPA/Treatment/376232_10151114822884042_2068627028.jpg

• Like 3

I've had this exact experience, too, in my life. It's extremely difficult.

• Like 1

Enjoy your time off!

Have a seat ~ You may feel a little pinch

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/36_1_40.gif

Here, have a cold drink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/coffeecheers.gif *I snuck this in for you*

You can relax here and get some well needed R&R

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/ani21.gif

Ignore your work calls and emails:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/earplug.gif

By the end of the week you'll be feeling like new! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/s55.gif

When you return to your regularly scheduled life, you can talk about (Or not http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/nope.gif) your spa treatment in the TRF Infirmary.

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy221/anna_solun/SPA/Treatment/376232_10151114822884042_2068627028.jpg

Brilliant advice! And imbued with your usual "sunny" outlook... :)

:sundog:

• Like 3

Do enjoy your time off, and relax as much as possible.

I haven't had any time off since Christmas, either (and even that was, umm...three days, I think). I'm ready, too! But I have at least another six weeks or so to go.

• Like 1

I've had this exact experience, too, in my life. It's extremely difficult.

Just a quick update and since its just us two talking :unsure: , I did get a referral from my doctor and made my first appointment to see a therapist with my first appointment next Friday morning. With my Blue Cross plan each session will only be a 15 dollar copay which seems well worth it. We shall see. I am kind of nervously exited about the whole process to be honest. I have never experienced anything like this before. I just know something needs to change because she deserves to be "truly" happy as I do at this almost "empty nest" (a couple months away) portion of our lives. Just being friendly and "getting along" just isn't enough anymore. It was fine when we had a common goal in raising our now wonderful adult children and were consumed with work. To much down time now and boredom with each other. Anyway, apologies to all for having to listen to my "gut spilling". I just try to keep it real at all times and I feel among friends here... :) :cheers: Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

Yes you may. Enjoy your time here and I believe Sunny already got you up to speed on all the amenities available to you. All I can offer is this :hug2: welcoming hug. The "rest" is up to you... :cheers:
  • Like 1