Every Album

grasbo

I do like every album but I will probably never listen to an album after HYF from start to finish ever again.

maybe when one of them dies

HYF was the cut off point for me too. I was really disappointed when I first heard it. I think if you took the best tracks from all the albums HYF onwards, you could maybe make two very good ones.

That said, I could not imagine a world that didn't contain Permanent waves to Power Windows. Most bands are lucky if they put out two absolutely amazing albums. Rush did five, plus some other ones that were great.

Presto and roll the bones arent too great to much filler sure, red tide, super conductor, show dont tell, and scars, are good but thats not even half of the album, but conterparts seemed to get back on track, and i love T4e

I like everything except Caress Of Steel. I love the first three songs, but the epics are what ruin it for me.

I grew up listening to all of the albums up to GUP. I lost interest during the late 80s. I prefer a little more of an 'edge' to my music and this era of Rush didn't satisfy my preference the way earlier albums did-and still do. I bought back into Rush in a big way after R30 was released. I especially like the last two albums. S&A and CA both rock and are sofisticatted in terms of both the content covered via the lyrics and the music is as amazing as ever! I can't wait to see/hear what happens next.....
  • Like 1

S&A and Presto blow donkeys

RTB has a ton of clunkers

Half of Power Windows is eminently skippable.

That's about it...the rest are good (HYF to great)

I can't exactly agree with these.

S&A and Presto blow donkeys

And even though i love both these albums, the way you described them made me :rfl: :LMAO: :laughing yellow guy: :clap: :ebert: :LOLsign:.

This past summer i did a marathon of Every Rush album. I'm sure some here remember. It's when i turned to loving Hemispheres.

Boy listening to the 90's through present stuff in a row. showed me just how big the dip in quality was/is.

I wrote a pretty angry rant on it, lol

marathon-ing every album makes that quality drop stick out like a sore thumb.

Mick

No...

Yep, in a word...that's it.

I appreciate their progression, and the path they've continued to trudge for 40+ years...but Test For Echo and Vapor Trails could be missing from the discography, and I'd never notice it.

Those are the only two Rush albums I can say that about, though.

This. It's truth. Sad truth, but truth nonetheless.

TFE and VT are virtually invisible albums.

I could probably toss in Caress of Steel too, for my tastes. But I know it's a underdog fave for a lotta diehards.

I don't like all of them, but I do like every Zep album, how could I not?

No...

Yep, in a word...that's it.

I appreciate their progression, and the path they've continued to trudge for 40+ years...but Test For Echo and Vapor Trails could be missing from the discography, and I'd never notice it.

Those are the only two Rush albums I can say that about, though.

This. It's truth. Sad truth, but truth nonetheless.

TFE and VT are virtually invisible albums.

I could probably toss in Caress of Steel too, for my tastes. But I know it's a underdog fave for a lotta diehards.

Indeed it is... :codger:
  • Like 1