What the Hell is Steve Wilson?

JohnRogers

Fun fact: The original name for Arriving Somewhere But Not Here was actually "YA YA YA YA I AM STEVEN YA YA YA"

This is...a joke?

Fan or not, this man is seriously talented and mocking him is a truly dumbass thing to do.

I love SW's output, it took me a bit to get into his solo stuff, but I find stuff from every one of his Solo albums to really like. I think i'm beginning to like it slightly more than PT's output.

I love Girls Generation's song Lion Heart

Fun fact: The original name for Arriving Somewhere But Not Here was actually "YA YA YA YA I AM STEVEN YA YA YA"

This is...a joke?

Fan or not, this man is seriously talented and mocking him is a truly dumbass thing to do.

You clearly haven't been to the Spam thread. That's all we do is make fun of him. Equal parts joking and praising

• Like 3

This is...a joke?

You clearly haven't been to the Spam thread. That's all we do is make fun of him. Equal parts joking and praising

Please address her by her proper pronoun.

http://www.thrashhits.com/wpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/StevenWilson2015promophotoThrashHits.jpg

• Like 1

This is...a joke?

Please address her by her proper pronoun.

http://www.thrashhits.com/wpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/StevenWilson2015promophotoThrashHits.jpg

I forgot she was a trainy.

Edited by Union 5-3992

I bet you guys may appreciate this alternative version of Index

https://youtu.be/8YtNFPv4lY8?t=2480

It was one of the highlights/surprises of the show. Would have liked the original much more if he had done this. Big thumbs up.

http://i.imgur.com/vgbARR2.gif

I could hardly keep from laughing when I saw it live. I heard a few other people in the crowd giggling. It was so artsy fartsy and pretentious and over the top that I couldn't take it seriously

This is...a joke?

Just because you have no sense of humor doesn't mean that the rest of us don't have one either.

It was so artsy fartsy and pretentious and over the top that I couldn't take it seriously

Then you aint no fan of prog, as that's pretty much a description of the genre.

Edited by stoopid

This is...a joke?

And it's usually spearheaded by me.

• Like 1

It was so artsy fartsy and pretentious and over the top that I couldn't take it seriously

Then you aint no fan of prog, as that's pretty much a description of the genre.

I've never seen something that pretentious. It was cringeworthy to me

Edited by Union 5-3992

It was cringeworthy to me

Good, don't watch it.

Nah, I'd still see him live in a heartbeat.

In precisely 1 week, 2 hours and 10 minutes, that is exactly what I will be doing. :D

• Like 1

Good, don't watch it.

In precisely 1 week, 2 hours and 10 minutes, that is exactly what I will be doing. :D

He's making such a big deal about Royal Albert Hall, I wonder if he'll film it. Get a well mixed DVD (his live albums are mixed very well) of the concert to take home. He'll also be playing a new song he showed at a couple dates in the US. I hope you enjoy the show, aside from that hiccup I mentioned earlier, the show is worth every penny.

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 1

Good, don't watch it.

Did you snag the tickets that Tony R was selling?

Or did you have your own already?

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Good, don't watch it.

Did you snag the tickets that Tony R was selling?

Or did you have your own already?

Enjoy!

I already had my own - purchased about 20 seconds after they went on sale.

• Like 1

Good, don't watch it.

He's making such a big deal about Royal Albert Hall, I wonder if he'll film it. Get a well mixed DVD (his live albums are mixed very well) of the concert to take home. He'll also be playing a new song he showed at a couple dates in the US. I hope you enjoy the show, aside from that hiccup I mentioned earlier, the show is worth every penny.

Thanks. I saw a show earlier on the HCE tour which was amazing. SW has said that at the 2nd night at the RAH he will be delving further back into his repertoire including both his solo work and Porcupine Tree material. Looking forward to it immensely.

I have read somewhere (can't find the link) that there will be no filming at the RAH shows - a pity but I'm not that surprised.

Good, don't watch it.

Thanks. I saw a show earlier on the HCE tour which was amazing. SW has said that at the 2nd night at the RAH he will be delving further back into his repertoire including both his solo work and Porcupine Tree material. Looking forward to it immensely.

I have read somewhere (can't find the link) that there will be no filming at the RAH shows - a pity but I'm not that surprised.

Yeah, he won't film the RAH shows. This is what he said on the matter...

PTChile: I've got some random questions now. Will the Royal Albert Hall shows be recorded? Is there any plan to release a live DVD in the future?

Steven: No, they will not be recorded. I don't have any plans to release a live DVD. You know what? I have mixed feelings with live DVDs. I did one very early in my solo career. It's somewhat unsatisfactory to do a live DVD, especially in a show like this, which is a very surrounding and visual one, has quadraphonic sound, has a lot of video and projections in different screens. It's very difficult to encapsulate all of this in a DVD somewhow and I think lately there's a tendency for bands to release a live DVD with each album. You know what I mean? And I think it's sometimes too much. Part of me says "You know what? If you want to see the show, come see it!" And another part says "OK, but not everybody can attend the show, people that live, I don't know, in Pakistan, they can never attend the show". So I understand that part too. I think an event like the RAH shows will be that, an event. You have to be there. I could record it and release it, but part of me thinks "no, you have to be there that night". I think that if we are going to do some kind of live release, I'd like to do something really extraordinary. Have you watched the live DVD that Sigur Ros did? (Heima) It's incredible. They perform each song in a different setting, they do one literally in the slopes of a mountain and then another in a classroom, going back to their old school and recording a song there. There's no audience and each song has a specific location and context and I love what they did with that, because it turns the whole idea upside down. Let's just say I don't think I'm interested in a generic DVD, that's boring to me. But I acknowledge there's an expectation and some people want some kind of release but they really should attend the show if possible

Good, don't watch it.

Yeah, he won't film the RAH shows. This is what he said on the matter...

PTChile: I've got some random questions now. Will the Royal Albert Hall shows be recorded? Is there any plan to release a live DVD in the future?

Steven: No, they will not be recorded. I don't have any plans to release a live DVD. You know what? I have mixed feelings with live DVDs. I did one very early in my solo career. It's somewhat unsatisfactory to do a live DVD, especially in a show like this, which is a very surrounding and visual one, has quadraphonic sound, has a lot of video and projections in different screens. It's very difficult to encapsulate all of this in a DVD somewhow and I think lately there's a tendency for bands to release a live DVD with each album. You know what I mean? And I think it's sometimes too much. Part of me says "You know what? If you want to see the show, come see it!" And another part says "OK, but not everybody can attend the show, people that live, I don't know, in Pakistan, they can never attend the show". So I understand that part too. I think an event like the RAH shows will be that, an event. You have to be there. I could record it and release it, but part of me thinks "no, you have to be there that night". I think that if we are going to do some kind of live release, I'd like to do something really extraordinary. Have you watched the live DVD that Sigur Ros did? (Heima) It's incredible. They perform each song in a different setting, they do one literally in the slopes of a mountain and then another in a classroom, going back to their old school and recording a song there. There's no audience and each song has a specific location and context and I love what they did with that, because it turns the whole idea upside down. Let's just say I don't think I'm interested in a generic DVD, that's boring to me. But I acknowledge there's an expectation and some people want some kind of release but they really should attend the show if possible

dang