Dinner times

Janie

It's dinner time!  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What time do you eat dinner when you go out to a restaurant?

• 5:30pm
    • 6pm
    • 6:30pm
    • 7pm
    • 7:30pm
    • 8pm
    • Earlier than 5:30pm
    • Later than 8pm

Pretty sure I haven't eaten breakfast in over 6 months.

:D

I just have my coffee and a little bit of fruit.

I just can't eat after waking up. Never hungry within a few hours of waking up.

• Like 1

I think having to eat at a specific time is dumb. Eat whenever you're hungry enough to justify the cooking or effort of going out, it shouldn't matter if it's 3pm or 10pm. Go ahead and fire up the stove at 10 if you please.

Just my opinion FWIW

Yep,

Thats me. :D Been that way my whole life. I rarely have a set time for eating.

When you have kids though, you need to have a set schedule, every morning and every evening. You need to have a dinner time, homework time, bath time, settling down for sleep time... spontaneity goes out the window with kids!

I understand that,

I don't have kids. But if I did I would still eat when I am ready to. The kids would get fed. I refuse to eat just because others do. I have to have an appetite no matter what the situation is. I guess thats why I was always last at leaving the dinner table growing up. :P

I like to eat dinner with my sons because it's the only consistent block of time that I get to spend with them. I don't eat with them just because they are. I do it then because I want us to spend a little time together.

Already, at the ages of eleven and eight, they like to do their own stuff...so I have to snag them when I can.

Thats cool,

If I were in that situation I would make sure that I was hungry. My whole life I have always hated eating a big meal when I am not hungry. I enjoy eating small portions through out the day. I just feel better doing it that way. I never eat a huge breakfast.

I never eat a big breakfast unless I've been awake for a little while- and that's normally on the weekends. By I have to have something every morning. I normally get up at 4:45, and if I don't eat something before 7:00 AM (piece of toast, bowl of cereal- just something), then I'll be really hungry and bitchy by 9:00 or so.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I eat three meals a day and snack in between every one of them, too. :P

• Like 1

I think having to eat at a specific time is dumb. Eat whenever you're hungry enough to justify the cooking or effort of going out, it shouldn't matter if it's 3pm or 10pm. Go ahead and fire up the stove at 10 if you please.

Just my opinion FWIW

Yep,

Thats me. :D Been that way my whole life. I rarely have a set time for eating.

When you have kids though, you need to have a set schedule, every morning and every evening. You need to have a dinner time, homework time, bath time, settling down for sleep time... spontaneity goes out the window with kids!

I understand that,

I don't have kids. But if I did I would still eat when I am ready to. The kids would get fed. I refuse to eat just because others do. I have to have an appetite no matter what the situation is. I guess thats why I was always last at leaving the dinner table growing up. :P

I like to eat dinner with my sons because it's the only consistent block of time that I get to spend with them. I don't eat with them just because they are. I do it then because I want us to spend a little time together.

Already, at the ages of eleven and eight, they like to do their own stuff...so I have to snag them when I can.

Thats cool,

If I were in that situation I would make sure that I was hungry. My whole life I have always hated eating a big meal when I am not hungry. I enjoy eating small portions through out the day. I just feel better doing it that way. I never eat a huge breakfast.

I never eat a big breakfast unless I've been awake for a little while- and that's normally on the weekends. By I have to have something every morning. I normally get up at 4:45, and if I don't eat something before 7:00 AM (piece of toast, bowl of cereal- just something), then I'll be really hungry and bitchy by 9:00 or so.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I eat three meals a day and snack in between every one of them, too. :P

I enjoy lunch and dinner. Dinner could be any time depending on my appetite. Never a big breakfast.

Quite the contrary here. I starve every morning when I wake up. If I don't get my super-breakfast ASAP I'm like the Neanderthals form Night at the Museum.

• Like 2

Quite the contrary here. I starve every morning when I wake up. If I don't get my super-breakfast ASAP I'm like the Neanderthals form Night at the Museum.

:LOL:

• Like 1

My dad gets home from work around 6:30, so my stepmother, or sometimes I, will usually try to get dinner ready by then. Edited by Disk98

I eat oatmeal every day except for 1 or two during the week, and I never miss breakfast. I agree that it helps me get going in the right direction. Stress at work is definitely less with a full belly

I eat oatmeal every day except for 1 or two during the week, and I never miss breakfast. I agree that it helps me get going in the right direction. Stress at work is definitely less with a full belly

Breakfast for me is a piece of toast and coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. I've never been a big breakfast person. I always feel weighed down if I eat a lot first thing. Plus, I run every morning so honestly I can't eat more than a piece of toast unless I want to limp and have my innards cramp all up mid-run. I also don't eat much of a lunch either. I want huge, massive dinners though.

• Like 1

I change up my breakfast otherwise I get bored and won't eat any. I vary between oatmeal, low-fat yoghurt with almonds and stuff on it and bread and butter. I eat two servings, and less than an hour later at work I'm very very hungry.

OK, here goes HPL's breakfast, guaranteed to give Janie nightmares... :LOL: :lol:

Orange crush. Not juice. Crush. You start from the orange and crush it with your bare hands.

Meshed fruit. Always banana, pear, lemon, sesame oil, seasonal fruit, sesame seeds.

Home-made cake. Low on sugars. Made with greek yoghurt, eggs, oil, brown sugar, rice flour.

Huge cup of tea. Black tea. Indian black tea. Fairtrade indian black tea.

I'd have more but then I gotta work!