Why I Hate Moving Pictures

Lorraine

Moving Pictures wasn't long enough. I hate that about it.

Snakes & Arrows ought to satisfy you. But pack a lunch.

Hahaha, okay, even as someone who loves the album I had to laugh at that. :) It is so long. Why do new albums always have to be so long? I'm perfectly happy with, like, 40-45 minutes of music. Heck, many of my favourite albums are closer to 35, with a special few around 30. It seems like a case of "just because you can doesn't mean you have to." I wonder if MP's legacy would be different if it had 20 more minutes of forgettable filler.

I also like Snakes and Arrows a lot. But it could use a trim.

or CA which is longer, lol

Mick

That too, yeah. But I actually have a more difficult time figuring out what I would cut from Clockwork Angels. BU2B2, but that's only, what, a hundred seconds or something?

• Like 2

All you Witch Hunt haters - it's just like Peart writes in the song: because of your ignorance you're all just afraid . . . of what's awesome, in this case.
  • Like 1

I agree about Witch Hunt. Over-rated in my opinion. I used to like it a lot, but it has no real weight, so it is one of those songs that doesn't withstand the test of time. Like Ghost of a Chance.

Ghost of a Chance is much better.

• Like 1

All you Witch Hunt haters - it's just like Peart writes in the song: because of your ignorance you're all just afraid . . . of what's awesome, in this case.

We bow before your intelligence.

You have no idea how long I've waiting for someone to say that!!!!

Wait . . . you're not serious, are you.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube....h?v=6gHKNwpny9o

How the hell can someone not this?

Boring and plodding.

It ain't Walkin' on Sunshine, but it's hardly boring and plodding. The music suits the lyrics perfectly. You want a more upbeat song about one of the worst kinds of human behaviour? Enemy Within is more upbeat, but that also suits the lyrics - that sort of panicky, twitchy feeling people have when they get paranoid.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

We bow before your intelligence.

You have no idea how long I've waiting for someone to say that!!!!

Wait . . . you're not serious, are you.

:cool: :wub:

I hate it because it's not about elves or black holes.

You have to dig deep. Listen to the lyrics of YYZ. :hug2:

I have written a dissertation about The Camera Eye being about a cybernetic implant in the head of the android from The Body Electric.

Just wish I had the intelligence to write a dissertation about anything.... :sigh: :blink:

That's 'cause you ain't prog enough.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

• Like 1

Boring and plodding.

It ain't Walkin' on Sunshine, but it's hardly boring and plodding. The music suits the lyrics perfectly. You want a more upbeat song about one of the worst kinds of human behaviour? Enemy Within is more upbeat, but that also suits the lyrics - that sort of panicky, twitchy feeling people have when they get paranoid.

The lyrics are great, and the music does suit it. It just doesn't make a good song because the music is boring and plodding.

• Like 1

Boring and plodding.

The lyrics are great, and the music does suit it. It just doesn't make a good song because the music is boring and plodding.

You're listening to Walking on Sunshine right now, aren't you.

Maybe they will do Witch Hunt this tour. They haven't done it in a long time.

You forgot "cue the inevitable pee break comments" from the Witch Hunt haterz.

• Like 1

Boring and plodding.

This comment honestly makes me want to stab myself in the face.

Mission accomplished.

Well, almost. Let me know when you've gone through with it.

I wouldn't walk out on Rush no matter what they played. Maybe if I had already seen them in concert fifty or more times. But even then, I don't know that I would walk out on any song.

• Like 1

I wouldn't walk out on Rush no matter what they played. Maybe if I had already seen them in concert fifty or more times. But even then, I don't know that I would walk out on any song.

The did Witch Hunt in 2007, 2008, 2010, and 2011. I've seen the thing live 12 times. Please, please, don't bring it back.

Witch Hunt is like...the best song ever...

I am starting to think my taste in Rush is worse than that of Rush themselves...

• Like 1