Geddy Ranks the First Nine Studio Albums

Geddyleegenes

I think this is Geddy's choice for that moment and like others have suggested, picking possible choices for the tour. This time he was looking at them in terms of songwriting and he saw FBN was a transitional record, least experienced. As you go up from the bottom of his list, it is more about the song writing quality, these songs hit him in a different way historically.

I know we all love to pick our favs but at this point, I will just take his choices as of today. If I remember someone says they remember him picking RTB and Test for Echo in Contents Under Pressure as his favs. It changes time to time for him as it does for all of us. When I first came to this forum I was crazy about GUP but not the older stuff. I have been listening to Hemispheres and Farewell to Kings and thinking, wow these are great! so..that's just my 2 cents :cool:

• Like 1

I think this is Geddy's choice for that moment and like others have suggested, picking possible choices for the tour. This time he was looking at them in terms of songwriting and he saw FBN was a transitional record, least experienced. As you go up from the bottom of his list, it is more about the song writing quality, these songs hit him in a different way historically.

I know we all love to pick our favs but at this point, I will just take his choices as of today. If I remember someone says they remember him picking RTB and Test for Echo in Contents Under Pressure as his favs. It changes time to time for him as it does for all of us. When I first came to this forum I was crazy about GUP but not the older stuff. I have been listening to Hemispheres and Farewell to Kings and thinking, wow these are great! so..that's just my 2 cents :cool:

I agree and I think we have to really consider the fact that he's not saying that Fly By Night is a crappy album by any means but just that he ranks it the lowest in this grouping.

• Like 2

Can we talk about how Neil ranks the albums before Moving Pictures??? I've heard him say a couple of times that that was when he thinks Rush really started sounding like Rush and that if he could make MP their 1st album, he would. Oh hell no he didn't... Edited by geddylennon