No Electronics for Mr. Peart??

The Oak Manor

It would be great if no electronic drums but hard to imagine none at all since he's been using them for so many years now. Edited by EagleMoon

There will still be some electronics on the kit. The new DW set shows the two pads above the floor toms and the single pad under the KAT midi controller. He will also have the Dauz pad by his snare. I don't see the Shark pedal in the new kit which he would use for the likes of "Witch Hunt" for the cowbell.

-Matt

The scoop today, by Gump himself, is that there will be no BACK KIT. No revolving riser. Neil still needs the front pads (And KAT) for most songs post p/g ... He said it will be "Full Tilt Rush" This can mean only one thing.... Tubular Bells, the gong, and Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder and Hemispheres..... He will play them old school... This also means no Red Sector A, Red Lenses, Scars, Mystic Rhythms and the likes.... But the front pads are used for Dreamline, Roll The Bones, Distant Early Warning, The Big Money, Force Ten, Time Stand Still, and the likes....... :Neil:
  • Like 3

The scoop today, by Gump himself, is that there will be no BACK KIT. No revolving riser. Neil still needs the front pads (And KAT) for most songs post p/g ... He said it will be "Full Tilt Rush" This can mean only one thing.... Tubular Bells, the gong, and Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder and Hemispheres..... He will play them old school... This also means no Red Sector A, Red Lenses, Scars, Mystic Rhythms and the likes.... But the front pads are used for Dreamline, Roll The Bones, Distant Early Warning, The Big Money, Force Ten, Time Stand Still, and the likes....... :Neil:

If this is true, I have to go see them. This will mean that Rush will go out as they came in, and I can't miss that.

• Like 2

Wait a minute....where does that leave The Weapon?

He doesn't need the back kit for The Weapon.... There are no electronics in the song.... He can play all three (or 4) Fear songs without the back kit. He only needs the pedal for Witch Hunt (If he decides to play the cowbell that way---but since he had tranferred his cowbells to his left side, he still used the real cowbell until the Test For Echo tour, or something... p/g tour is the real cowbell) and the clapping sound in The Enemy Within.
  • Like 2

If this is true, I have to go see them. This will mean that Rush will go out as they came in, and I can't miss that.

OK, but don't go buying a ticket based on speculation/wishful thinking. Wait and see what the first show reveals before deciding to buy a ticket.

• Like 1

OK, but don't go buying a ticket based on speculation/wishful thinking. Wait and see what the first show reveals before deciding to buy a ticket.

I already thought about that. I will wait, and if I am meant to go, no matter what the ticket situation looks like, I will get one.

• Like 1

I already thought about that. I will wait, and if I am meant to go, no matter what the ticket situation looks like, I will get one.

Just keep an eye out for tickets because they can become available at any time. There still plenty of time before any of the shows.

Just keep an eye out for tickets because they can become available at any time. There still plenty of time before any of the shows.

Apparently this is the R40 kit:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/jarg2112/Neil20Kit20from20above.jpg

Edited by JARG
  • Like 3

What's the little red pad for?

That's something Alex invented for Neil. It's a spot for Neil to focus on when he thinks about how much he hates touring. It's called the Scowl Spot™

Edited by JARG
  • Like 5

Assuming that that is the kit in its final form, hopefully Lorraine didn't buy her ticket on the certainty that there would be tubular bells and such. :)