Ever meet anyone claiming to be a big rush fan, when really - - -

nicky6

Once, my friend and me were talking about rush, i knew he wasnt a fan or knew nothing much about them, so we are on the phone and he starts naming all these obsure songs, and i finally realized he was reading off songs from various albums off the internet. probaly wiki or amazon. nice try..

Often chicks will claim to be big RUSH fans to help their chances to bed me.

I'll claim to be a Big Rush Fan, they are my favorite band. Queensryche and The Who are distant seconds or thirds. I own every studio album and ESL, Rush Replay X3 and got Beyond the Lighted Stage for Christmas but that is it. I never read any books, I never met the band, I come here very infrequently, I might fail a Snakes&Arrows or Clockwork Angels quiz. I'd say I'm a big fan anywho.

I'll claim to be a Big Rush Fan, they are my favorite band. Queensryche and The Who are distant seconds or thirds. I own every studio album and ESL, Rush Replay X3 and got Beyond the Lighted Stage for Christmas but that is it. I never read any books, I never met the band, I come here very infrequently, I might fail a Snakes&Arrows or Clockwork Angels quiz. I'd say I'm a big fan anywho.

Yeah, I know what it's like.

I'm a Rush chick and I have to fight the Rush men off on a daily basis. Rush chicks are few and far between. It causes my husband a lot of misery and heartache to have men (and even, believe it or not, young men :o ) knocking on our front door at all hours of the day and night asking, "Lorraine, ya wanna go for a spin and listen to Hemispheres with me?" . Or, "Does Lorraine have time to watch some bootleg concerts with me?" Or, my husband's personal favorite, "Lorraine, I want to get new headphones. Can you come and give a listen to Xanadu on different ones and tell me the best headphones??"

I even get marriage proposals in the mail. Sometimes they send x-rated pictures along with. :wacko: One guy had a Rush tattoo on his........can you believe it? :blink: :blink:

So, chin up buckaroo! In the meantime, give Snakes another spin and broaden your horizons. :cool:

• Like 5

I'm a Rush chick and I have to fight the Rush men off on a daily basis. Rush chicks are few and far between. It causes my husband a lot of misery and heartache to have men (and even, believe it or not, young men :o ) knocking on our front door at all hours of the day and night asking, "Lorraine, ya wanna go for a spin and listen to Hemispheres with me?" . Or, "Does Lorraine have time to watch some bootleg concerts with me?" Or, my husband's personal favorite, "Lorraine, I want to get new headphones. Can you come and give a listen to Xanadu on different ones and tell me the best headphones??"

I even get marriage proposals in the mail. Sometimes they send x-rated pictures along with. :wacko: One guy had a Rush tattoo on his........can you believe it? :blink: :blink:

So, chin up buckaroo! In the meantime, give Snakes another spin and broaden your horizons. :cool:

^^^ Awesome post Lorraine. A top ten all timer for you.... :laughing guy:
  • Like 2

I once met a guy who claimed to be a Rush fan. He said his favorite song was "Neighborhoods".

He, of course, meant "Subdivisions".

Clem

Too bad he wasn't a member here. :LOL: He'd get along nicely with GSP's buddy whose favorite Rush album is The Spirit of Radio. :)

Edited by Lorraine

I once met a guy who claimed to be a Rush fan. He said his favorite song was "Neighborhoods".

Clem

Too bad he wasn't a member here. :LOL:

Would have been fun indeed.... :LOL: 86 members on line now :wtf:
  • Like 1

Clem, how did you know when he said Neighborhoods he meant Subdivisions? Did you ask him to hum a few notes?

Oh, who are the people in your neighborhood?

In your neighborhood?

In your neighborhood?

Say, who are the people in your neighborhood?

The people that you meet each day

• Like 1

Clem, how did you know when he said Neighborhoods he meant Subdivisions? Did you ask him to hum a few notes?

Yeah, somethin' like that. This was back in the mid eighties, so their catalog wasn't quite as extensive. I believe I "corrected" him, and when he heard the correct title, he conceded his mistake.

Clem

Yeah, somethin' like that. This was back in the mid eighties, so their catalog wasn't quite as extensive. I believe I "corrected" him, and when he heard the correct title, he conceded his mistake.

Clem

Little did your friend know that the mistake he made in the mid-eighties would wind up on a Rush forum thirty years later. :LOL:

• Like 1

My problem is I have really bad memory issues. Someone will ask me about something I know very well and my mind will just go blank. I guess I just have problems bringing my long term memory to the present. I can't count the times I would write songs for a garage band then forget the lyrics singing them. Pretty pathetic lol. :codger:

"oh yeah i love rush they do that song whole lotta love"

"oh yeah I love rush they do that song modern day warrior mean-mean pride today's Tom Sawyer's mean-mean ride"

:eh:

Edited by JohnRogers

You said you'd never tell anybody about my tattoo. :rage:

Edited by Cygnus 2112

Fools! All of you mocking this man. A true Rush fan knows that Neighborhoods was the working title for Subdivisions late during the MP tour.

I don't mind the casual fan. Usually it turns in to an opportunity to suggest a couple songs or introduce them into an entire album. Truth is, I think I have converted a few casual fans into diehards over the years (look at me proselytizing for Rush!).

What does annoy me, though, is the guy who acts like a fan and spouts out nonsense. Example: A couple of years ago, I was headed to the local stop on the Time Machine Tour with my son. Our family tradition for any concert here is a local burger/live music place on the way for a bite and that's actually pretty common throughout the city. So, anyway, my son and I sit down to eat and the folks at the table next to us are wearing Rush merch and clearly headed to the show. We exchange pleasantries and then get to our own conversations. All the while, one guy at the table is clearly trying to establish himself as the king Rush fan and is giving a highly inaccurate oral history of the band, including telling the table Neil is known as "The Professor" because he "actually has a PhD" among some of the other mythology we know exists. He also said "Neil is kind of an enigma, he rides his Harley between shows."

I wanted to correct the conversation, but decided against it. Instead, I just looked my son with a pained expression and rubbed my temples. He laughed and said, "It'll be okay, Dad. Not everyone can actually be a truly knowledgable high priest of Syrinx."

Basically, I don't think I am better person or fan for being a diehard, but I do have a beef with folks who claim to know something about the band and get it entirely, entirely wrong.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime