The Official Super Bowl Prediction Thread

laughedatbytime

Cocky, aren't they?

http://www.msn.com/e...bowl/ar-AA8OHe7

The New England Patriots are taking the day off ahead of Sunday's Super Bowl against the Seattle Seahawks.

Head coach Bill Belichick said Friday that his team is as ready as it can possibly be and will skip a planned walk-through practice Saturday, Jarrett Bell of Pro Football Writers of America reports.Instead of practicing, the Patriots will hold morning meetings and take a team picture.

It's a bold decision by Belichick, a man renowned for his commitment to preparation, though perhaps not one that's unprecedented in Super Bowl history. In 2011, the Green Bay Packers reportedly were so confident in their preparation, they spent some of their last day before the Super Bowl getting their fingers sized for championship rings.

Surely you've had a test that you've studied so hard for that you finally realize that reading the material one more time isn't going to help. If they aren't ready now, after 2 weeks, they don't belong in this game.

I'm starting to think they're going to smoke Seattle.

So then what was with all the bitching BB was doing taking about the PSI of balls taking away from his prep time??

I don't think he said it was costing him prep time. I think he said he was embarrassed at the amount of time he was spending trying to defend his team from the allegations. But in truth, Belichick loves it when he has something that allows him to play the "disrespect" card before one of these games. In 2001 it was Cowher telling his team to make their travel arrangements before the game, as if getting things done in advance are a bad thing. In 2004 it was the city of Philly planning the Eagles' parade route, as if that sort of thing gets thrown together in an hour..

Greatest QB of all time. The guy doesn't feel pressure. And I grew up a steelers fan. All props in the world to Brady.

Congrats to the 2015 New England patriots. It's been a pleasure watching you for the last 15 years.

• Like 4

Greatest QB of all time. The guy doesn't feel pressure. And I grew up a steelers fan. All props in the world to Brady.

Congrats to the 2015 New England patriots. It's been a pleasure watching you for the last 15 years.

I'll still take Montana.

http://sportsnickel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Joe_Montana.jpg

Edited by calirush
  • Like 3

That was the craziest set of events I've seen to end a game. One thing for sho if the Patriots are in a SB its going to come to end.
  • Like 1

I'll still take Montana.

That's fair. I'm running on a lot of emotion right now. The hometown team and all. Brady has been laser focus local sports guy in this town for many years. He's amazing.

Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 1

I'll still take Montana.

That's fair. I'm running on a lot of emotion right now. The hometown team and all. Brady had been laser focus local sports guy in this town for many years. He's amazing.

It's all good company and I'll take the people mentioned here, glad the fraud in Denver is an afterthought right now.

• Like 1

If the Patriots find a mode of transportation that will allow them to get to the game with all of that tire deflation, they're in for a rude awakening.

Seahawks 30, Patriots 14

With the Seahawk defense able to press the line of scrimmage due to Brady's inability to throw deep accurately, and defenders physical enough to handle Gronk, the NE QB would be in for a long day even with his trademark underinflated balls.

Yeah. Ummm. No.

• Like 1

Congrats to the winners, it was a great game. But let's not get crazy on the Brady talk.

• Like 1

Congrats to the winners, it was a great game. But let's not get crazy on the Brady talk.

I don't think it's crazy at all. He's persevered above arguably the toughest class of top-tier QBs in NFL history, remaining toward the head of that class every year for nearly fifteen years, and has established himself as the most capable in that field of winning championships and delivering success under pressure.

I'm thinking best ever right now. And I don't think that's any overstatement.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

Where would you place him then? He's certainly among the elite, right? Would you say top 5 of all time? Easily!

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25016746/tom-brady-broke-tied-or-extended-9-super-bowl-records

Edited by Xanadoood

I'll still take Montana.

That's fair. I'm running on a lot of emotion right now. The hometown team and all. Brady has been laser focus local sports guy in this town for many years. He's amazing.

It's pretty close. On the one hand, Montana never lost the big game, and lead his team to a game winning TD in the SB against the Bengals. Brady has lead his team on 3 game winning drives. And the two SBs the Patriots lost in the Brady era both end differently if the defense keeps the Giants out of the end zone in the last 3 minutes, so you can't completely hang those on Brady.

I tell my son all the time to remember these games, because he's watching someone he will be telling HIS son about.

Where would you place him then? He's certainly among the elite, right? Would you say top 5 of all time? Easily!

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25016746/tom-brady-broke-tied-or-extended-9-super-bowl-records

Montana is the only guy who MIGHT have been better.

No. He's the third best of his generation. I find it hard to believe someone could have watched the game yesterday and had a better opinion of Brady than they had before the game.

http://mweb.cbssport...er-bowl-records

No. He's the third best of his generation. I find it hard to believe someone could have watched the game yesterday and had a better opinion of Brady than they had before the game.

He did

richard-sherman-tom-brady.jpg?w=1000&h=1295

I was impressed with him, Led. The Seahawks seemed to have that game totally under control in the second half, but Brady kept his cool and played extremely well down the stretch. I can't imagine it's easy making up a ten-point Super Bowl deficit against that defense, with the momentum at the time totally seeming to be swinging the other way. Sure, it was in part some of his own bad plays that led to that deficit, but not everyone would've been able to bounce back from those plays the way he did.

Edited by Cyclonus X-1
  • Like 1

I was impressed with him, Led. The Seahawks seemed to have that game totally under control in the second half, but Brady kept his cool and played extremely well down the stretch. I can't imagine it's easy making up a ten-point Super Bowl deficit against that defense, with the momentum at the time totally seeming to be swinging the other way. Sure, it was in part some of his own bad plays that led to that deficit, but not everyone would've been able to bounce back from those plays the way he did.

Even when they came back, he missed badly on deep balls, and even on the goal-line he missed a wide open receiver about 8 yards away from him by about 4 feet. I think that there are several other QBs in the league right now that you could plug into that scheme and have equal or better results.