I'm Bored! It's Time To "BURN!" This Is By Far Deep Purple's Best Album! "YOU FOOL NO ONE!"

RUSHHEAD666

I love long jams, extended versions, wanking, etc etc as long as it stays interesting. made in japan stays interesting, imo, whereas that rainbow live album doesn't. I think purple/zep's music lended itself to jams better, whereas rainbow was closer to full-on heavy metal in my view, which usually doesn't lend itself to jamming quite as well.

LOL. You are too much man!!

Sorry my friend! Too many Moscow Mules. When I combine watching rock and roll videos with beer or vodka I go crazy!! I'm talking Ozzy Osbourne crazy!! LOL No wonder why my wife is over me! She grew up and turned into a woman. I'm just an immature child who loves to party and ROCK OUT!!!!

The link posted above is from their concert in Osaka. I saw them doing Made in Japan in Tokyo a few days before, and it was MUCH worse. Or less pro-tooled... :cool:

Hey Rod! It looks like I'm going to see some Rush shows alone this summer. I'm taking my dad to San Jose. You should fly out to Los Angeles and hit both LA shows with me! Just an idea!

Incidentally, my beef with all the Deep Purple live stuff is that there is entirely too much "wankery" going on. I don't need a 45 minute version of Mistreated or Lazy. Blackmore continued that unfortunate practice with Rainbow. Zeppelin did it too, so I get that it's an era thing.

Rick you should fly out to the Rush LA shows too! Hell how about you DUCK? HatchetSaw?????? Ireland is too far away from LA isn't it? I wish we could all get together for a Rush show! Oh well! Turbine!! Get your arse out here!!

• Like 1

I can't believe me eyeballs!

I'm watching Deep Purple Phoenix Rising. Tommy Bolin on guitar!

Frigging Coverdale looks like fukking James LaBrie.

Shoot me now!

Didn't Wet Dream Cover I mean Theater cover Deep Purple?

I mean lets get real people. Name a band Cream Theater didn't cover!

Dream Theater is the biggest poser band on the planet.

Text book nerds from New York.

Chronic progressive wankers masturbating to Lee, Lifeson and Peart.

Linus is better than Jordan Rudess.

Jordan couldn't even hold John Lord's jock strap.

RIP to a real keyboard player!!

Paice blows Portnoy away!

JMO!!

Jordan Masturbates Often!

Tommy Bolin is better than John Petrucci!

RIP

Dream Theater is unlistenable.

LOL! Classic Rick! James makes it unlistenable sometimes. I like "When Day And Dream Unite." NO JAMES!

The link posted above is from their concert in Osaka. I saw them doing Made in Japan in Tokyo a few days before, and it was MUCH worse. Or less pro-tooled... :cool:

Hey Rod! It looks like I'm going to see some Rush shows alone this summer. I'm taking my dad to San Jose. You should fly out to Los Angeles and hit both LA shows with me! Just an idea!

You think I haven´t asked my wife yet? We think it´s still a bit too soon - our daughter will be one year old by the time the tour starts...but maybe if we bring her with us, there´s a chance!!!!! Ask me again in a few days, mate!

I did buy BURN when it came out ( :codger: ), it was a great album and I did play it a lot -BUT- my favorite version of Deep Purple

Blackmore

Lord

Paice

Gillan & Glover

• Like 1

I did buy BURN when it came out ( :codger: ), it was a great album and I did play it a lot -BUT- my favorite version of Deep Purple

Blackmore

Lord

Paice

Gillan & Glover

http://youtu.be/z-weHclSfV0

Yo 55! I can't argue that but I'm a Hughes Coverdale guy! I love Bolin too! f**k and soul rock and roll! I understand why Blackmore left yet I am so happy that he did!!!!

THE BIRTH OF RAINBOW!!

"Temple Of The King" is my favorite song on the first one. "RISING" IS JUST EPIC!

• Like 1

Sadly for me Machine Head is like Moving Pictures.

It's Epic but it's overplayed!!

Fuckking Smoke On The Water is Deep Purple's Tom Sawyer!

It drives me nuts!

The opening guitar riffs are similar.

Alex said one day, "hey let's write a riff and apply it to a catchy hard rock song. That song is "Smoke On The Water."

"Smoke On The Snow Near Le Studio"

• Like 2

Sadly for me Machine Head is like Moving Pictures.

It's Epic but it's overplayed!!

Fuckking Smoke On The Water is Deep Purple's Tom Sawyer!

It drives me nuts!

The opening guitar riffs are similar.

Alex said one day, "hey let's write a riff and apply it to a catchy hard rock song. That song is "Smoke On The Water."

"Smoke On The Snow Near Le Studio"

I usually go for IN ROCK when I'm cravin some DP

• Like 1

The last album, "Now What", is better than anything with Coverdale and his cliched cheesy lyrics - Cringe inducing.

burn and stormbringer for sure are better than anything since, imo

Bathory! When are we going to meet? Fuckk yes man!

I love Steve Morse man. A fuckking Legend but I'm going with the Dixie Dregs and The Dregs!

Hey!!!! I thought of you last week! I was in my favorite record store in Berkeley California and I was going through all of the METAL VINYL for some reason.

I saw two BATHORY Albums! Never knew it was a fuckking metal band until I saw the records. Bathory seems like heavy BLACK METAL!

Is it?

That's not my cup of tea man, but I still love you.

"I'm Still In Love With You"

Oh wait! That's for the Thin Lizzy Thread! I love it when all threads morph into one collective hard rock haven.

• Like 1

haha, yes I chose this name because I knew no one here would've heard of the band. I used to have to make a new account every six months or so and I'd always pick something related to extreme metal for my name because all anyone talked about here was KISS, hair metal and dream theater. things haven't changed. :LOL:

bathory are considered 1st wave black metal. their early stuff sounds a lot like venom/motorhead/discharge, and then they started experimenting more and putting more focus on atmosphere and that sort of thing. if you would like any of their stuff, it'd probably be their album blood fire death, which is pretty much a solid thrash album at its core. I do think the vocals and production would turn you off, but some of the riffs you might like. the stuff before that seems too raw and evil and the stuff afterwards seems too folky/viking-themed for your tastes.

The last album, "Now What", is better than anything with Coverdale and his cliched cheesy lyrics - Cringe inducing.

burn and stormbringer for sure are better than anything since, imo

Bathory! When are we going to meet? Fuckk yes man!

I love Steve Morse man. A fuckking Legend but I'm going with the Dixie Dregs and The Dregs!

Hey!!!! I thought of you last week! I was in my favorite record store in Berkeley California and I was going through all of the METAL VINYL for some reason.

I saw two BATHORY Albums! Never knew it was a fuckking metal band until I saw the records. Bathory seems like heavy BLACK METAL!

Is it?

That's not my cup of tea man, but I still love you.

"I'm Still In Love With You"

Oh wait! That's for the Thin Lizzy Thread! I love it when all threads morph into one collective hard rock haven.

Amoeba or Rasputins?