Tour rumors a brewing

dtpoet

Here's what Donna posted on Facebook:

According to their management (just got done talking with them), there is NOTHING official yet. The "leaks" are not entirely accurate. However, something does seem to be in the works, and I will know more officially next week.

How can it be a false alarm? How could shows be booked accidentally? They may be cancelled but doesn't this still show that they're planning on touring?

According to their management (just got done talking with them), there is NOTHING official yet. The "leaks" are not entirely accurate. However, something does seem to be in the works, and I will know more officially next week.

Not for nothing, but Donna Halper is discreet. That's why she has remained their very good friend all these years. If she ran her mouth off, they would have held her at arm's length.

She wouldn't tell us even if she knew for sure. She's a good friend and knows how to keep a secret. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

You got this post in before I hit send lol. Thanks for the info!

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 1

Not for nothing, but Donna Halper is discreet. That's why she has remained their very good friend all these years. If she ran her mouth off, they would have held her at arm's length.

She wouldn't tell us even if she knew for sure. She's a good friend. :)

Right. Obviously it's not official yet since they haven't announced anything. The dates probably haven't been ironed out yet.

You can't fool us Donna! ;) ;) :LOL:

They probably told her that things hadn't been finalized yet but they were working on it and would announce something within the week. At least we can hope. :)

• Like 1

For what it is worth, whether a 2015 tour is imminent or not (it sounds like it is) so far I have heard nothing regarding a single confirmed date. This all seems extremely premature.

The only thing that seems premature to me would be details. The possibility of a tour seems like a sure thing now, unless I'm just seeing want I want to see lol

Well, a member of the forum sent me a PM and told me that I should keep my information to myself...

So I won't post that what Donna stated on Twitter is 100% accurate... well, as accurate as it can be when what was meant by it was that they don't have the entire itinerary complete so they're not ready to make the announcement quite yet.

And I won't comment on the fact that it appears (so far) to be a 1 leg tour consisting of 32-44 shows (1 leg = 10-12 shows then a 10 day break... wash, rinse, repeat).

I also won't say much about the new material... well, I can't at this point as at least THAT part of the equation is actually being kept under wraps still.

Phew! I'm glad I didn't say much at all :D

• Like 3

Well, a member of the forum sent me a PM and told me that I should keep my information to myself...

So I won't post that what Donna stated on Twitter is 100% accurate... well, as accurate as it can be when what was meant by it was that they don't have the entire itinerary complete so they're not ready to make the announcement quite yet.

And I won't comment on the fact that it appears (so far) to be a 1 leg tour consisting of 32-44 shows (1 leg = 10-12 shows then a 10 day break... wash, rinse, repeat).

I also won't say much about the new material... well, I can't at this point as at least THAT part of the equation is actually being kept under wraps still.

Phew! I'm glad I didn't say much at all :D

Your secret is safe on TRF.

Edited by Lorraine

For what it is worth, whether a 2015 tour is imminent or not (it sounds like it is) so far I have heard nothing regarding a single confirmed date. This all seems extremely premature.

The only thing that seems premature to me would be details. The possibility of a tour seems like a sure thing now, unless I'm just seeing want I want to see lol

BTW I just added a new link to the Rush screensaver, Grab it while it's hot!

Well this just confirms what we already had very good reason to believe was the case. Remember… Alex auctioned off a meet and greet for a future Rush show at a charity event back in November. Now it seems that all that remains is an official announcement. My confidence level just went from 98% sure to 99.9% sure that a tour announcement is imminent. WOOHOO!!!!!!!

:haz: :Alex: :Neil: :geddy: :haz:

BTW I just added a new link to the Rush screensaver, Grab it while it's hot!

Nice! Dude thanks! (Was I a little obvious?? Lol)