What if there were a Rush themed Guitar Hero/Rock Band/Rocksmith video game?

Entre_Perpetuo

So I was just thinking to myself yesterday, after hanging out at my buddy's house and playing 2112 and YYZ on guitar hero, what if there were a totally Rush themed guitar-hero-type game, like Guitar Hero Aerosmith or The Beatles Rock Band? I mean how awesome would that be for Rush fans who play video games too? The first thing I'd wanna know if one were somehow created (since all but Rocksmith have gone out of business) would be what songs would be in the game? Certainly they'd have most everything on the so-called "greatest hits" albums, including a full 2112, but they's need more songs than that I'm guessing, a few deeper cuts. And then there's the issue of needing 'easier' songs for the beginning of the game and slowly moving towards the most difficult songs at the end. Considering Rush's being Rush, I'd almost bet that this would be the most difficult career mode in any game of this type to complete, as even the easy songs would be significantly harder than those on other games.

What do you guys think? What songs should be in the game? How much should be "greatest hits" material, and how much should correspond more to fan favorites (though often these line up a bit)? What kind of storyline should career mode follow, and songs could be chosen for the easier levels of career mode? Have fun! :)

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2

I think it would be cool if they had a 2112 or Hemispheres based video game. I think a Rush themed game on it's own would be a little hokey.

Cool idea. I'll give it a shot.

SET ONE

Dreamline

In the Mood

Witch Hunt (Part III of "Fear")

Bravado

ENCORE: Subdivisions

SET TWO

Limelight

Time Stand Still

Distant Early Warning

Earthshine

ENCORE: Stick It Out

SET THREE

Marathon

Far Cry

The Trees

A Passage to Bangkok

ENCORE: Tom Sawyer

SET FOUR

The Spirit of Radio

Caravan

Working Man

Closer to the Heart

ENCORE: 2112

SET FIVE

Red Barchetta

Leave That Thing Alone

Headlong Flight

The Main Monkey Business

ENCORE: Xanadu

SET SIX

Anthem

Malignant Narcissism

Natural Science

Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage

ENCORE: Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

SET SEVEN (only available after earning 5 stars on all six encores)

Freewill

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

The Analog Kid

YYZ

ENCORE: La Villa Strangiato

Edited by Disk98
  • Like 3

Cool idea. I'll give it a shot.

SET ONE

Dreamline

In the Mood

Witch Hunt (Part III of "Fear")

Bravado

ENCORE: Subdivisions

SET TWO

Limelight

Time Stand Still

Distant Early Warning

Earthshine

ENCORE: Stick It Out

SET THREE

Marathon

Far Cry

The Trees

A Passage to Bangkok

ENCORE: Tom Sawyer

SET FOUR

The Spirit of Radio

Caravan

Working Man

Closer to the Heart

ENCORE: 2112

SET FIVE

Red Barchetta

Leave That Thing Alone

Headlong Flight

The Main Monkey Business

ENCORE: Xanadu

SET SIX

Anthem

Malignant Narcissism

Natural Science

Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage

ENCORE: Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

SET SEVEN (only available after earning 5 stars on all six encores)

Freewill

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

The Analog Kid

YYZ

ENCORE: La Villa Strangiato

...that's like, epically perfect...I would shell out forty/fifty bucks for that game.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

I actually called Activision one time and suggested that they make this game :D the guy I talked to seemed to think it was a good idea haha
  • Like 3

I actually called Activision one time and suggested that they make this game :D the guy I talked to seemed to think it was a good idea haha

Lols. If only that guy at Activision had been the manager.

• Like 2

So I was just thinking to myself yesterday, after hanging out at my buddy's house and playing 2112 and YYZ on guitar hero, what if there were a totally Rush themed guitar-hero-type game, like Guitar Hero Aerosmith or The Beatles Rock Band?

Um, there kind of is. Rock Band has the entire 2112 song and the whole Moving Pictures album. Here are all the Rush songs in RB:

2112: Discovery, Presentation

2112: Oracle: The Dream, Soliloquy, Grand Finale

2112: Overture, The Temples of Syrinx

Caravan

Closer to the Heart

Fly by Night

Limelight

Red Barchetta

Subdivisions

The Camera Eye

The Spirit of Radio (Live)

The Trees (Vault Edition)

Tom Sawyer

Vital Signs

Witch Hunt (Part III of Fear)

Working Man

Working Man (Vault Edition)

YYZ

Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 2

So I was just thinking to myself yesterday, after hanging out at my buddy's house and playing 2112 and YYZ on guitar hero, what if there were a totally Rush themed guitar-hero-type game, like Guitar Hero Aerosmith or The Beatles Rock Band?

Um, there kind of is. Rock Band has the entire 2112 song and the whole Moving Pictures album. Here are all the Rush songs in RB:

Caravan

Closer to the Heart

Fly by Night

Limelight

Red Barchetta

Subdivisions

The Camera Eye

Tom Sawyer

Vital Signs

Working Man

YYZ

I knew there were a number of Rush songs in Guitar Hero and Rock band, but I didn't know they put the whole MP in Rock Band. Cool! Still, I'd love to see a whole game for Rush

Caravan

Closer to the Heart

Fly by Night

Limelight

Red Barchetta

Subdivisions

The Camera Eye

Tom Sawyer

Vital Signs

Working Man

YYZ

Wow… I was not aware of this!

I own every song available for Rock Band and was in the top 10 on Rock Band 2 on bass. I hope to get back up there in the near future on Rock Band 3. Rush is the reason I upgraded from PS2 to PS3. I was beyond upset when I upgraded and then Moving Pictures was delayed (Damn you YYZ, for not having a vocalist and breaking the game) If they were to release a Rush Rock Band, they would have to make it like The Beatles, where you start at the beginning playing to small bars, and work your way through their catalogue and into bigger venues. Perhaps end the story mode at Rush In Rio.
  • Like 1

I own every song available for Rock Band and was in the top 10 on Rock Band 2 on bass. I hope to get back up there in the near future on Rock Band 3. Rush is the reason I upgraded from PS2 to PS3. I was beyond upset when I upgraded and then Moving Pictures was delayed (Damn you YYZ, for not having a vocalist and breaking the game) If they were to release a Rush Rock Band, they would have to make it like The Beatles, where you start at the beginning playing to small bars, and work your way through their catalogue and into bigger venues. Perhaps end the story mode at Rush In Rio.

Sick Rock Band skills! I like that idea, of course some people might not be inclined to continue playing too long after Moving Pictures.

HAHAHA, seriously??

Seriously!

Have you guys not heard? Rock Band 4 is coming out, and there is a website where you can suggest songs you want to see in the game. I would suggest we flood them with requests. I have already put votes in for The Big Money, Dreamline, and Force Ten.
  • Like 1

I would love a Rush themed Guitar Hero-esque game, but considering that Guitar hero made a big tribute to 2112 in Warriors of Rock, and Rock Band is full of rush songs to download, I can't see it happening (unless Rush commissions them to do it. They are fans, but its still a long shot)

we need a call of duty multiplayer map at a rush show if you ask me, or at least a stage with the three of em performing tom sawyer or summat stupid like that :)

oh yeahh that would be great