Suggestions to Reel in a New (Soon To Be) Fan

pfrushfan0122

:sigh: :popcorn:

I think the "poo" talk was a "one and done" so sit back and enjoy. Here ya go :d13: to go with the popcorn... :)

I hope so, and thank you. :popcorn: :d13:

What is the current argument about anyway? :popcorn:

Not sure but I am bored and Mick and Segue are wonderful entertainment and good dudes too... :cheers:
  • Like 3

Chain Lightning or Limelight

Sounds good...

Imagine the two of them in the same sentence? :facepalm:

My two favourite songs!

Are they really?

Yup, Limelight equal with Red Barchetta.

• Like 1

Sounds good...

A sharper contrast does not exist... :huh: and for the record I kinda like Chain Lightning but its not in the same "Hemisphere" with the other mentioned...
  • Like 1

Sounds good...

A sharper contrast does not exist... :huh: and for the record I kinda like Chain Lightning but its not in the same "Hemisphere" with the other mentioned...

Hemispheres is Top Twenty.

Not a single song from the album top ten...yet...

:sigh: :popcorn:

I think the "poo" talk was a "one and done" so sit back and enjoy. Here ya go :d13: to go with the popcorn... :)

I hope so, and thank you. :popcorn: :d13:

What is the current argument about anyway? :popcorn:

Not sure but I am bored and Mick and Segue are wonderful entertainment and good dudes too... :cheers:

i'm putting the Debut on........just let me go open a vein.....um Champagne i meant

Mick

Sounds good...

I like it too.

Sounds good...

that's not what you said this morning. :unsure:

• Like 2

You know folks we may be scaring this dude away like we did with the other person who asked this same question a little while back... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Sounds good...

I know...but i love my top ten soooo much i am too stubborn to change it...

Stubborn

You know folks we may be scaring this dude away like we did with the other person who asked this same question a little while back... :LOL:

The NEWRUSHfan? He was a nice man. He told me he was coming back but I don't know what happened. Last I heard, he was on his 11th viewing of the Cincinnati concert.

NEWRUSHFan, if you are lurking, :hi: :hi: :hi:

• Like 1

1. Chain Lightning

2. Red Barchetta

3. Limelight

4. Available Light

5. Witch Hunt

6. Xanadu

7. The Camera Eye

8. Cold Fire

9. Bastille Day

10. Marathon

Sounds good...

Stubborn

So you just wrote that this morning for lolsies?

• Like 1

Sounds good...

Stubborn

So you just wrote that this morning for lolsies?

Nope. The album itself shot too the top.

But...these ten songs have been my buddies for months and months (and years).

Best ever Rush song?

Hemispheres. Absolute masterclass.

My personal top ten?

Um...eclectic...

Nat Sci from Rush in Rio

That's the best in my opinion too.

It must be watched however not just listened too...
  • Like 2

Nat Sci from Rush in Rio

That's the best in my opinion too.

It must be watched however not just listened too...

I agree, and I think Rush In Rio would endear Rush to any heart. It's great.

Thats the one that brought my then teen son and I together on them. Natural Science is still his favorite song to this day....
  • Like 1

If you could find a video of ATWAS it would capture the essence of the greatness of early Rush.

LABT is way on point tonight. Not that he isn't usually. Just say'in... :)
  • Like 1

I wouldn't necessarily try to "reel him in". Seems to me the important thing is to try to help him understand why Rush means what they mean to you, rather than try to persuade him into Rush fandom.. There are many HUGE Rush fans, who don't necessarily have the same favorite songs, so trying to guess which songs would be his favorites is impossible. Furthermore, if he were inclined to be a Rush fanatic, he probably already would be, or it will just happen naturally.

So if I were you, I'd maybe pick out the song(s) that first introduced you to Rush and explain the circumstances that made them so meaningful (if applicable), or describe what you felt as you first discovered Rush. Also you should play some of your most favorite songs and explain why you like those songs so much. I think LedRush had a great idea with BTLS, but I wouldn't suggest viewing the whole thing. Maybe just pick out a couple of your favorite sections, or perhaps if you know he is a fan of any the band members featured, it would be a great idea to play that section(s) for him.

Thanks for proving my point guys! :LOL: You did raise a great point with Rush in Rio though… Nat Sci is a great call, but definitely include YYZ as well!

I wouldn't necessarily try to "reel him in". Seems to me the important thing is to try to help him understand why Rush means what they mean to you, rather than try to persuade him into Rush fandom.. There are many HUGE Rush fans, who don't necessarily have the same favorite songs, so trying to guess which songs would be his favorites is impossible. Furthermore, if he were inclined to be a Rush fanatic, he probably already would be, or it will just happen naturally.

So if I were you, I'd maybe pick out the song(s) that first introduced you to Rush and explain the circumstances that made them so meaningful (if applicable), or describe what you felt as you first discovered Rush. Also you should play some of your most favorite songs and explain why you like those songs so much. I think LedRush had a great idea with BTLS, but I wouldn't suggest viewing the whole thing. Maybe just pick out a couple of your favorite sections, or perhaps if you know he is a fan of any the band members featured, it would be a great idea to play that section(s) for him.

Thanks for proving my point guys! :LOL: You did raise a great point with Rush in Rio though… Nat Sci is a great call, but definitely include YYZ as well!

That was what we were trying to do. I PMed everyone and gathered them together just to prove your point... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Caress of Steel definitely would be a good introduction :D

On a more serious note, Moving Pictures was the one that made me a Rush fan, it took me quite a while to warm up to the 70's material.

Edited by driven_to_xanadu