Anyone here that doesn't like Hemispheres?

Lorraine

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Hemispheres?

Zumbi, don't forget to change your no vote back to yes.

Someone told me Geddy will be looking in here tomorrow for set list ideas. ;) You don't want him to think you hate Hemispheres, do you? :LOL: Then, Geddy will have your name put on the Rush Black List. If you think you waited a long time for R40, that's nothing compared to how long you will have to wait for the vinyls to arrive in Sweden. ;) ;)

Love isn't always on time.

Sorry - for some reason, Hold the Line is stuck in my head . . . who put that there?

It could have been worse. It could have been Africa....

Or Rosanna.

Arg that one guy who keeps bringing Toto up...

Freak.

Now now, that's not fair to freaks. :D

Segue check out the Black Forest bootleg from 79. It has Cygnus X-1, book 1 & 2

Really? That...is epic!

If side one of AFTK, and both Cygnus X-1 parts were forged to become just one album, it would be the greatest album of all time.

Live, ok I need to click on that link...

Drop AFTK (title track), add Gates of Delirium, Starship Trooper and Larks Tongues (1) or Starless (yeah it would be a double album but so?) and you would have, to me, one of the all-time best compilations albums :)

Then again, it would NOT flow well at all... :LOL:

You forgot Hold The Line...

Segue, you should be practicing your yodeling.

I tried yodeling once, then got bored and started yoda-ing

Yodel or yodel not, there is no try.

• Like 1

Someone told me Geddy will be looking in here tomorrow for set list ideas. ;) You don't want him to think you hate Hemispheres, do you? :LOL: Then, Geddy will have your name put on the Rush Black List. If you think you waited a long time for R40, that's nothing compared to how long you will have to wait for the vinyls to arrive in Sweden. ;) ;)

Sorry - for some reason, Hold the Line is stuck in my head . . . who put that there?

Or Rosanna.

Arg that one guy who keeps bringing Toto up...

Freak.

Now now, that's not fair to freaks. :D

Tis.

Not crazy about that Africa song, but it does take me back to a pleasant time in my life. At any rate, no Toto song is worse than that goddamned one that goes "Georgie-Porgie, puddin'-pie, kissed the girls and made them cry" - I don't know what it's called, but hearing it gives me the worst rash.

Not crazy about that Africa song, but it does take me back to a pleasant time in my life. At any rate, no Toto song is worse than that goddamned one that goes "Georgie-Porgie, puddin'-pie, kissed the girls and made them cry" - I don't know what it's called, but hearing it gives me the worst rash.

No joke. I just went and picked my wife up from work and when I jumped in the car to leave and turned the key that freakin Hold The Line was going.... :rage: It made me :LOL: though
  • Like 1

THAT'S A GREAT SONG!

No joke. I just went and picked my wife up from work and when I jumped in the car to leave and turned the key that freakin Hold The Line was going.... :rage: It made me :LOL: though

Its a funtime song. Love love love it!

THAT'S A GREAT SONG!

Total loose stools. Rash. Bugs on my skin. Shuddering convulsions.

Lovers in the Night - now there's a cool Toto song. I know I used the words "cool" and "Toto" in the same sentence, but that is a good tune.

But back to Rush...

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

THAT'S A GREAT SONG!

Total loose stools. Rash. Bugs on my skin. Shuddering convulsions.

:LOL: ...

Shame on you, Zumbi. :boo hiss:

:(

You don't like Hemispheres? :o

No, I hate it, worst album ever, by any band!

(...)

What do you really think? Ofcourse I like it, it´s my favorite album EVER!! Its awesome!!

You voted "no"...

Maybe as a joke to mess with you all...?

Shame on you, Zumbi. :boo hiss:

:(

You don't like Hemispheres? :o

No, I hate it, worst album ever, by any band!

What do you really think? Ofcourse I like it, it´s my favorite album EVER!! Its awesome!!

You were getting me nervous

Don't get Big Bobby nervous. We don't want that. ;)

Haha sorry about that. :P

Oh no! :o You think it´s to late now to change back to Yes? :(

It's never too late. Quick! :)

Now I fixed it! :)

• Like 1

:o :o :o :o :o

Youngsters.... :)

Youngsters? GUP and PoW are all older than me!

I believe the implication is that those who were not around and aware of Rush during the early prog/concept era are more apt to feel that the synth era and/or anything that followed it is just as good, or better, than those early records. But everything is totally subjective, here. Quality is in the ear of the beholder.

Chronologically, I fall sort of right in the middle between the :codger: and the youngsters. And my tastes reflect that- my two favorite (or favourite) Rush albums are, in fact, Hemispheres and Hold Your Fire- for markedly varied reasons. And I think it would take a monolith to change that.

Both of them are several worlds better than anything Toto ever released (sorry, Segue). Although I will say that Jeff Porcaro was an incredible drummer.

:o :o :o :o :o

Youngsters.... :)

Youngsters? GUP and PoW are all older than me!

I believe the implication is that those who were not around and aware of Rush during the early prog/concept era are more apt to feel that the synth era and/or anything that followed it is just as good, or better, than those early records. But everything is totally subjective, here. Quality is in the ear of the beholder.

Chronologically, I fall sort of right in the middle between the :codger: and the youngsters. And my tastes reflect that- my two favorite (or favourite) Rush albums are, in fact, Hemispheres and Hold Your Fire- for markedly varied reasons. And I think it would take a monolith to change that.

Both of them are several worlds better than anything Toto ever released (sorry, Segue). Although I will say that Jeff Porcaro was an incredible drummer.

Hemispheres AND Hold Your Fire?

You are awesome! And yes, even I agree they are better than Toto.

Yes, Hemispheres and Hold Your Fire, indeed! I give them both eleven out of ten.

And PS- you are awesome as well.

Edited by Blue J

Yes, Hemispheres and Hold Your Fire, indeed! I give them both eleven out of ten.

Lets not get carried away here.... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Lets not get carried away here.... :LOL:

Oi!

You too are awesome...

Hold Your Fire, AFTK, P/G, MP are my four perfect Rush albums. Right next to these are CoS, 2112, Hems and Presto.

But my top four, I cannot choose between. And Hems went from bottom ten to practically top five in the last six months, so I can only expect it to get better with further listens!

Now I fixed it! :)

Good for you, Zumbi. :)