Anyone here that doesn't like Hemispheres?

Lorraine

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Hemispheres?

:blah: Let the record show that Running Rebel loves Hemispheres and owns the red vinyl copy, but I don't think he will leave SOCN to vote here.

He has very pressing matters there...

So he thinks. But he would add a lot out here. He says he had all of the seventies' stuff on 8-track. That makes him ancient like us. :codger: :codger: :codger:

He has a great backyard too if you haven't seen it....

Yes, I have seen the pictures. It's a place I would love for my own.

Is this serious?

He and I only live about 20 minutes apart.

:blah: Let the record show that Running Rebel loves Hemispheres and owns the red vinyl copy, but I don't think he will leave SOCN to vote here.

He has very pressing matters there...

So he thinks. But he would add a lot out here. He says he had all of the seventies' stuff on 8-track. That makes him ancient like us. :codger: :codger: :codger:

He has a great backyard too if you haven't seen it....

Yes, I have seen the pictures. It's a place I would love for my own.

Is this serious?

He and I only live about 20 minutes apart.

Yes, didn't you ever see the pictures he posted of his property in SOCN? It must have been about a year or less ago that he put them on there.

Ah, I see. No. I really don't go in there anymore. I much prefer to just talk about music and goof off, these days. :)

But I can imagine...Miamisburg does have some nice areas of land. There are several outlying areas of Dayton that are like that.

Does anyone else think Hemispheres production not so great? Or is it just me? Very harsh and shrill sounding, and even a little muddy. I was listening to the Sectors remaster last night and I guess it's just that one? It obviously sounds almost brickwalled and lacking space.

Does anyone else think Hemispheres production not so great? Or is it just me? Very harsh and shrill sounding, and even a little muddy. I was listening to the Sectors remaster last night and I guess it's just that one? It obviously sounds almost brickwalled and lacking space.

You don't believe a word of that and you know it. ;) ;)

Maybe it is the remaster......i've not heard it. But never in a million years would i call that song brickwalled. And trust me i would call any song out if it was. Even if i loved it. and if that was sarcasm rhis post was useless, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Maybe it is the remaster......i've not heard it. But never in a million years would i call that song brickwalled. And trust me i would call any song out if it was. Even if i loved it. and if that was sarcasm rhis post was useless, lol

Mick

The person who sent me my Rush stuff on a stick sent the Hemispheres remaster. If that is considered bad, the original must be phenomenal.

• Like 1

Mick

No sarcasm. That's how the Sector version sounded to me. I was using headphones. It can be almost brickwalled if they mastered that version that way. It's not inherent in the song itself. It just sounds harsh. Or maybe I'm getting sensitive to digital music and need to go back to analog.

• Like 1

Mick

The person who sent me my Rush stuff on a stick sent the Hemispheres remaster. If that is considered bad, the original must be phenomenal.

I'm talking about the remaster from the Sectors set, not the 1997 remaster - the one you probably have.

Mick

I'm talking about the remaster from the Sectors set, not the 1997 remaster - the one you probably have.

I've heard they had some issues with some of the Sector sets. The one I have can be a bit noisy at times with static at the beginning and end of certain songs if I have it up loud.

Mick

I've heard they had some issues with some of the Sector sets. The one I have can be a bit noisy at times with static at the beginning and end of certain songs if I have it up loud.

I know it makes me "not a true fan" but I am glad I don't have any of this stuff (special box sets and whatever else there is to buy). All I have is the old albums and I am fine with it.... :codger: :sigh:
  • Like 7

Mick

I know it makes me "not a true fan" but I am glad I don't have any of this stuff (special box sets and whatever else there is to buy). All I have is the old albums and I am fine with it.... :codger: :sigh:

Sounds to me like they should just leave well enough alone. Except in the case of VT when they went from not so bad to worse. ;)

Ok, i am going to play Hemispheres now and see how i feel about it.

Bear in mind my statements regarding this song refer to my opinion on it from about july time. I havent heard it for months!

Bear in mind my statements regarding this song refer to my opinion on it from about july time. I havent heard it for months!

Would you like us to sit with you and point out what you are missing? :smash:

If not....Narps and Mick, will you help me prepare the chamber for our good comrade Segue.? :smoke:

Edited by Lorraine

Mick

Only thing I don't like about the albums is that they get scratched up. It's nice to have it at least on CD if not a digital format.

Mick

I'm with ya Narps. 1 set of albums. 1 purchase of the DVD/bluray's. That's all. no need to go psychotic, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Mick

I dont have it...I just have it...on my computer....

If not....Narps and Mick, will you help me prepare the chamber for our good comrade Segue.? :smoke:

In Segue's defense, he has been listening to a lot of Yes in the intervening months.

• Like 1

Delete every criticism i have ever posted about this song.

It has been on for three minutes and i am absolutely gobsmacked: i have shivers...Geddy sounds so beautiful!

O my days...sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry SORRRRRRYYYYYYYYY!

This is better than Presto...guys i am so sorry...this is the era of Rush that first hooked me (eighties came later), anf this song is a 10/10.

"I bring truth and understanding"

Ok SavageGrace...sorry but this is a top three album.

I will say one thing in my defence:

...ok i have nothing...

• Like 7

Should we be prepared for you to "do a Segue", and place it back in your top three Rush albums?

:)