Anyone here that doesn't like Hemispheres?

Lorraine

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Hemispheres?

I voted year but I probably should have gone the other way because I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Hemispheres. This one never gets old.

Side 2 especially is sublime.

You voted correctly - you voted yes.

I'm sorry that my thread title and my poll question are kind of opposite. The question is: do you like Hemispheres?

Sixty-one (61) answered yes.

Three (3) said no. Can you believe it? :unsure:

Yes, because people have different tastes and preferences regarding music.

But anyone who dislikes Presto is f*cking wrong.

I can understand disliking Presto because it is not musical genius. Hemispheres is. :cool:

Your musical 200 "IQ" scale only applies for The Speed of Love.

You have to take a different test for everything else.

I voted year but I probably should have gone the other way because I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Hemispheres. This one never gets old.

I'm sorry that my thread title and my poll question are kind of opposite. The question is: do you like Hemispheres?

It's hard to believe that a band that could make a record like Hemispheres would make a record like Presto

• Like 4

It's hard to believe that a band that could make a record like Hemispheres would make a record like Presto

Presto is damn good. it's very different than Hemispheres but that doesn't make it something "lesser". They really acheived something remarkable with Presto. It's just way more subtle and nuanced. It's a beautiful record.

I recognize Hemispheres "brilliance" for what it is but I'm really glad they did not continue with that overdone bombastic style. That was definitely the "peak" for that.

• Like 1

I can understand disliking Presto because it is not musical genius. Hemispheres is. :cool:

Isn't it hard to believe that the same person who would fight for Hemispheres would fight for The Speed of Love? That must mean I am insane.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Isn't it hard to believe that the same person who would fight for Hemispheres would fight for The Speed of Love? That must mean I am insane.

Or you used to do a lot of drugs ;)

Well, they're really about the same thing. Is there a reference in Speed of Love to "two halves" - or is that a different song?

• Like 1

Well, they're really about the same thing. Is there a reference in Speed of Love to "two halves" - or is that a different song?

You are right.

Love is born with solar flares

From two magnetic poles

It moves towards a higher plane

Where two halves make two wholes

Edited by Lorraine

Geddy's voice is beautiful on both of the albums. I think his best seventies voice is on Hemispheres, and his best eighties on Presto.

Better than the Weapon?

Geddy's voice is beautiful on both of the albums. I think his best seventies voice is on Hemispheres, and his best eighties on Presto.

Better than the Weapon?

Yes, voice-wise ( but not better looking - he was the cat's meow in Grace Under Pressure when he did that song :wub: ).

I noticed that he did different things with his voice on Presto that he never did before or since.

• Like 1

This is so true. It's like two completely different bands. Presto sounds like they got a shot of female hormones, even though the singing is higher on Hemispheres. :)

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

:blah: Let the record show that Running Rebel loves Hemispheres and owns the red vinyl copy, but I don't think he will leave SOCN to vote here.

Slight derail: I have a pink vinyl copy of Frampton Comes Alive and a red one of Who Are You. :)

• Like 1

You are right.

Love is born with solar flares

From two magnetic poles

It moves towards a higher plane

Where two halves make two wholes

P.U...
  • Like 1

This is so true. It's like two completely different bands. Presto sounds like they got a shot of female hormones, even though the singing is higher on Hemispheres. :)

Maybe they recorded it when they were six and their studio was a tin can, that would explain the song.

• Like 2

:blah: Let the record show that Running Rebel loves Hemispheres and owns the red vinyl copy, but I don't think he will leave SOCN to vote here.

He has very pressing matters there...
  • Like 3

Maybe they recorded it when they were six and their studio was a tin can, that would explain the song.

Or maybe Geddy changed his mind about that sex change.

Jk....:)

100% love it.

Not doing so is illegal is about twelve countries, I believe.

• Like 5