The GUM thread

barney_rebel

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm afraid the sad truth of the matter is that i go with a benign sugar-free gum:

http://www.wrigley.com/wrigley/images/timeline/1984_prod.gif

but, ever since the bubblegum chewing days of my youth, i haven't been much of a gum chewer.

my favorite gum from my younger days:

http://www.sugarstation.com/images/complete/bazookajoe.gif

gum, and a dumb cartoon! what more could a kid ask for in life???

http://cache.tias.com/stores/gator/pictures/a889b.jpg

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Aug 3 2005, 09:25 AM)
I'm a Hubba Bubba man myself. Plain or Grape flavour.

"There's gonna be a gum fight!!!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/bastillenight/7cdbad7f.jpg

AND

"it won't stick to your face"

how did they do that, and why don't they sell it anymore?

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Aug 4 2005, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 4 2005, 06:06 AM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Aug 4 2005, 06:39 AM)
We still have it in Canada I believe.

yes.gif

kewl! didn't they have a strawberry flavor, too? and orange?

i know...

canandian peeps got all the good stuf .......

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Aug 4 2005, 09:13 AM)

yes.gif

I don't think any more, but I think I do recall those flavours at some point.

They still have grape I think. I bought a pack of the regular stuff a few weeks ago.

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Aug 4 2005, 07:13 AM)

yes.gif

I've never seen orange, but I have seen watermelon, strawberry and grape. I stick with the bubblegum flavor.

My favorite gum has to be Double Bubble. I think they make the pieces smaller than when I was a kid though mad.gif And the Pud comic that comes with it used to be funny ....

http://www.decodog.com/inven/christmas/x4523.jpg

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Aug 4 2005, 09:31 AM)
that's just because your mouth is bigger now tongue.gif

seeriously, have you ever visited some place where you used to spend a lot of time as a kid now that you're an adult and wondered at how small everything looked?

laugh.gif yes look at my avatar - quite big.

We used to have "the secret tree" down by the river. The branch used to stretch out over the river. We used to buy candy, and sit on it, and light fires.

Now it's just a tiny tree and a tiny place.

It used to be our hangout...

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Aug 4 2005, 09:32 AM)
Dubble Bubble is always good - nice and cheap.

yes.gif

when the kids go trick or treating i always raid their stash and take the dubble bubble....

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Aug 4 2005, 08:31 AM)
seriously, have you ever visited some place where you used to spend a lot of time as a kid now that you're an adult and wondered at how small everything looked?

Totally!!!!

When I was a kid we used to go to a 'fun' park in London, Ontario called Storybook Gardens. All of the things to do where geared around nursery rhymes.

There was a slide in a Giant Boot that had the caption...'There was and old lady who lived in a shoe.....'

And a giant picture of Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, and you could take a picture with your face above their body.

There was a petting zoo and a tiny replica of London Bridge spanning a 'stream' that was narrow enough to jump across. laugh.gif

I took the kids there about 3 years ago, and the whole place was soooooo small.

I understand they have since remodelled it and it is nothing like it used to be. So maybe it's time for another trip..... smile.gif

Edited by sundog

QUOTE (sundog @ Aug 4 2005, 09:43 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Aug 4 2005, 08:31 AM)
seriously, have you ever visited some place where you used to spend a lot of time as a kid now that you're an adult and wondered at how small everything looked?

Totally!!!!

When I was a kid we used to go to a 'fun' park in London, Ontario called Storybook Gardens. All of the things to do where geared around nursery rhymes.

There was a slide in a Giant Boot that had the caption...'There was and old lady who lived in a shoe.....'

And a giant picture of Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, and you could take a picture with your face above their body.

There was a petting zoo and a tiny replica of London Bridge spanning a 'stream' that was narrow enough to jump across. laugh.gif

I took the kids there about 3 years ago, and the whole place was soooooo small.

I understand they have since remodelled it and it is nothing like it used to be. So maybe it's time for another trip..... smile.gif

Sunny - I used to loooove that place! Storybook Gardens wub.gif

I have a pic of me when I was 1 or 2 in that boot too! I'll see if my parents have those pictures around and I will scan them.

In around 1990 or 1991 I had a cross country run at the same park... I couldn't believe how small the place was sad.gif

My family lived in this place up to when I was 4 years old. I had vague memories of it only, including a really long hallway from the living room to where the bedrooms were. We all went back there years later and I asked my parents where the long hallway was, and they said there was a hallway, but it wasn't long, and in fact we were standing in it. That was quite a shocker - it was so big, and then it was so much of a little nothing!!!

The same thing happens with time. Growing up, my older cousin used to visit us and stay for awhile. When I was about 19 he got married and I told a big group of guys at his bachelor party how I used to love when he would visit and stay for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. My brother agreed that those were good times too when my cousin just laughed, thinking I was kidding. Apparently, he never stayed for more than 2 or 3 DAYS at a time, but for us, it seemed much, much longer!!!

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 2 2005, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (Inthend @ Aug 2 2005, 07:52 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 2 2005, 08:04 PM)

Also, what was that gum that had like syrup in the middle? Or was that an acid trip I had? unsure.gif

Not an acid trip.

It was something like...

"Juicy? Chews" confused13.gif

HA HA!!

I don't know what I was thinking. I've never taken acid unsure.gif

http://www.candyfavorites.com/shop/product_images%5C1539.jpg

My fav was cinnamon. Yum. yes.gif

Was is called

Cinna-BURST confused13.gif

Thats gum when you bit into it had a BURST of cinnamon..well 'artificial, food colored cinnamon' smile.gif