Song you always skip

Rutlefan

The overrated track thread made me wonder what are the most skipped tracks. Limiting myself to pre-Power Windows Rush (as after GUP I tend to skip as many tracks as not), the track I can't listen to anymore is Beneath, Between & Behind from Exit Stage Left. Sticks out like a sore thumb musically there, to me. I'd probably like it on Fly By Night, but I get my Fly By Night fix from All the World's a Stage, so I wouldn't know.
  • Like 1

Countdown.......and the last 2 of HYF.

Those are like cutting a fart after a beautiful moment.

Mick

Second Countdown. Losing It is a touching end to that album.

• Like 1

Nope. Never skip.

I can buy that with Rush, but even non-Rush acts? Going back to Double Fantasy, does anyone willingly subject themselves to this? Noriega wouldn't have lasted a day if we had played this instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8n7I8SJsLs

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

i usually skip Here Again, Rivendell, Tears, most of Hold Your Fire (with an exception of 3 songs), Available Light, and BU2B2. that's about it.

When playing albums I NEVER skip songs, I take each and every album as a journey or experience.

HOWEVER, songs I am tempted to skip are:

Chemistry

Digital Man (I have come to like both these songs though)

Superconductor

Stick It Out

Freeze

Out Of The Cradle (again I like these two as well)

I do skip entire albums though: Rush, Fly By Night, Roll The Bones and Snakes And Arrows test my patience as a listener to the max. But being Segue they will very likely be my favourites by the end of next week.

The last two on HYF is a given. Very convenient too... :)

I even have them deleted from my digital copy. Pointless songs.

I think underrating these is overrated.

Nothing on Hold Your Fire dips below a nine out of ten for me. NOTHING.

• Like 2

It depends on my mood and the circumstances. There aren't any that I always automatically skip, but if I just heard something from CP, it's highly unlikely that I want to hear something else 5 minutes later, so that second song would usually be skipped.

I skip a lot of songs. Very few albums do I like each and every song. Permanent Waves is one. Moving Pictures is another. But those are the only two Rush albums that I like every song.

:unsure:

What about Hemispheres??

• Like 4

Vital signs for me. Already got the next disc ready to go before Witch Hunt ends. I'm not a big Synth era guy, so I use Chronicles II to get my fix of some of those songs, and I always skip Mystic Rhythms
  • Like 1

Quick skipping story if I may. I was listening to my Rush radio on Pandora the other day whilst doing my daily 4 mile walk/run. The first song they offered was Different Strings and I thumbs downed it. Then in succession it was One Little Victory, Red Lenses and Superconductor. All thumbs down. The thing must be like "does this guy like Rush or not"? :LOL: Yesterday it offered me Mystic Rhythms out of the gate and I thumbs down that one and then get Entre Nous...... :dweez: Edited by Narpski

I skip a lot of songs. Very few albums do I like each and every song. Permanent Waves is one. Moving Pictures is another. But those are the only two Rush albums that I like every song.

:unsure:

What about Hemispheres??

Sometimes I will listen to all of it, but it's not like the old days when I'd put an album on the turntable and that was that. Most of my Rush stuff is on an USB stick. Unfortunately. But I am grateful to have even that.