No 97 clips yet. anywhere. man this is tight

nicky6

Is Alex obnoxiously loud or is it just me?

I thought so too which is most likely the hand signal by Geddy to turn down at the intro to Natural Science.

• Like 1

It's possible. Although this audio has been mixed after the fact so in a way the final result you're hearing on video doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what Geddy was hearing at the time. I can tell you that on my full stereo there's no problem hearing the bass. There's lots of low end so you feel its presence which makes it much easier to hear.

It's possible. Although this audio has been mixed after the fact so in a way the final result you're hearing on video doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what Geddy was hearing at the time. I can tell you that on my full stereo there's no problem hearing the bass. There's lots of low end so you feel its presence which makes it much easier to hear.

Oh sure. But from playing onstage for a lot of years I just recognized him having a little trouble hearing.

Considering how good this footage and sound quality are that unless they come out and plainly say that this is all we have for this show that we could "salvage" they know damn well that they will need to clean this up and release the entire show on blu ray somewhat soon considering how the fans have been salivating for this tour on video for almost 20 years and now we finally get some and it's universally praised by all Rush fans who have seen it

It's a true gem in their catalog

Got to release the entire show

One thing that does suck is that even with this release you can't watch all the 97 footage at once

You have to watch the bulk on the R40 bonus disc and then for the last 3 you have to switch out discs and put in the completist bonus disc

It would have been great to watch all of it without switching out the discs

Cmon full show

• Like 3

Wow. Just to echo (no pun intended) everyone else's sentiments, this show in its entirety needs to see the light of day on DVD/BR. The audio for the 3 posted songs sounded fantastic, and the visuals were very good for 1997. I won't hesitate to say that if they could get the whole show together and have it sound even remotely like these 3 songs, the hypothetical T4E DVD would instantly become my favorite of their entire DVD lineup.
  • Like 2

For what it's worth, a guy who seems to be a genuine insider posted in August last year on RIAB the following. Obviously it won't be out this year, and maybe it's not even true. But it is encouraging:

Oh, one more thing before I hit bed for the night. I did actually get an answer earlier in the year about the discontinuation of Different Stages and was told that there was going to be a new version of it released with a DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack in 2014. So I am going to guess that this will be some version of the Toronto show they filmed in 1997.

I have a feeling that we have not seen the last of the certifications for the Different Stages album :)

That would be phenomenal

Re-release the different states audio with bonus tracks not included on the original release and put it with the full Toronto show on blu ray as a box set

Holy shit would that be great

So many good songs left off the original official release

They could even throw in additional audio from the cp tour like the original

So many possibilities

I have not watch the youtube videos, because I wanna see it for the first time with as high quality as possible. I pre-ordered the R40 Box Set from Rush website, and in yesterday I got a e-mail that they have sent it, but since I live in Europe, I guess I have to wait 3-4 weeks...

And after reading all that you guys have said about this box set, that is to long waiting time, I am going crazy here!!!

Watch them! You know you want to. Give in to temptation! :)

Actually, I admire your patience. If you decide to wait it'll be worth it.

Hehe, no, I wont watch it on youtube, I don't like watching music stuff on youtube, because it destroy the quality. So I rather wait, and then when I finally get the box set, I will watch it and REALLY enjoy it, because it will all be new to me! :)

Well, I just watched all of the 1997 footage on the main bonus disk for the first time. It is splendid. The performance is outstanding all the way around. I'm sitting on my couch and countless times I practically jumped up and went "Yeah!!!!!!!!!!"

Every song there sounds great. Neil sticking his tongue out at the camera during Virtuality was really funny. Always heard they played their hometown a little uptight but that's nowhere to be seen here.

And 2112. Holy shit. It's 1:30AM here and I don't care. I cranked it up painfully loud and it was perhaps the most glorious thing I've seen since I don't know when. Just nailed it. And Alex's solos are perfect, the one in Soliloquy being out of this world. I may go watch it all again right now.

• Like 1

Yes, this footage is what I been waiting for, yes a full show is out there somewhere, but what makes me mad is that they been sitting on this for 15 yrs , out of the last 5 concerts they gave us, this ones the best, and its only a portion ....
  • Like 2

Nicely paced "slow" editing for Resist. Perfect for the older viewers...

Different editor for this as compared to Animate maybe?

Are you suggesting that younger viewers can't focus on anything for more than a few seconds at a time? :LOL:

Edited by EagleMoon

I cannot stop watching the 97 footage

It's the only reason I bought the boxset and I don't regret it at all

It's amazing

They really need to release the entire show on blu ray and dvd

I know a lot of us have been waiting for many years to see footage ever since the eve was initially announced in 98

They could do something really special with a different stages re-release boxset

4 disc audio

3 original discs

1 bonus disc including material played on tour but not released and possible cp tour song

2 disc DVD/blu ray contains the entire show from Toronto 97

This is Rush at its modern day finest

Everyone in top form

I hope they now understand the importance of this show