Winter 2014-2015

Aikenrooster

On Monday It's supposed to be 70 and sunny here in lovely southwest Ohio...and then wind and rain and 48 on Tuesday. Even that doesn't say winter, though.

We're a week away from spring, and I'm ready for it. :)

OMG - Me too.

Bring on sunshine and vitamin D :sundog:

To me it doesn't matter whether it's sunny or windy and raining- I just love the first few really mild days of spring. I love the smell outside during a mild spring rain, or the feeling of sun on the skin on those first warmer days.

I love the winter too, but it's due in large part to the winters we have (which have been especially harsh in the past few years) that I appreciate the change to spring, too.

:sundog:

• Like 2

Minus 5 degrees right now.

I'm done with temps below freezing - Greg - I'm very sorry, as much as I love you - I'll never visit you in Anchorage.

:LOL:

Its not always this cold. At this point I will take it over snow. This cold does take its toll on me at times as I get older. :codger:

• Like 1

These past few winters make me want to move south, but then I'd have to deal with the southerners.

Jk?

:D

• Like 1

These past few winters make me want to move south, but then I'd have to deal with the southerners.

Jk?

If I ever did,

It would be "Lauderdale By The Sea". I love it there and the people are nice.

Jk?

If I ever did,

It would be "Lauderdale By The Sea". I love it there and the people are nice.

I'm not sure where I'd go. Years ago I would have said New Orleans but since Katrina, no way.

It's been my experience that people in the South are among the nicest people I've ever encountered in my life. Tennessee, the Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama...really good people.

Another place, a particular city, that has some of the nicest people I've ever met- Louisville, Kentucky.

• Like 2

65 degrees here and actual strong sunlight! My daughter started her first day at a new job and it was so nice to go pick her up with the windows open, sun outside and me listening to ATWAS! :sundog: :sundog:

(She is 23 but doesn't drive yet due to severe OCD, which would be a whole 'other several threads. . . sigh)

• Like 3

65 degrees here and actual strong sunlight! My daughter started her first day at a new job and it was so nice to go pick her up with the windows open, sun outside and me listening to ATWAS! :sundog: :sundog:

(She is 23 but doesn't drive yet due to severe OCD, which would be a whole 'other several threads. . . sigh)

ATWAS!! :codger: :haz: :7up: :rush:

• Like 3

Should we make a 'Spring' thread?

Technically it is still winter, but only for a few more days...

Close to 70 here today.

• Like 4

Oooh, 70 degrees, that is a lovely quantum leap! I am enjoying it while we get it as the weatherman is saying a few snow flurries are possible for this weekend :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

ATWAS!! :codger: :haz: :7up: :rush:

She knows how to roll... :cheers:
  • Like 2

What is this hellish forecast for 1 to 3 inches of wet snow for central PA on Friday morning??!! :banghead: It won't stay long but still. . . . the first day of spring is supposed to be at least a little spring like so that my daughter and I can go to Rita's Italian Ice for the free spring ice and go to the frozen custard stand for the free spring cone! (First day of spring is big around here !)

Troutman, did you get a lot of snow this winter up there?

Nope,

I have not shoveled any of it yet. :D

42 degrees.

A few weeks ago in our newspaper it said that Alaska was hurting because it didn't have a lot of snow this winter. I told my husband I'd ask you if that was true or not.

• Like 1

Troutman, did you get a lot of snow this winter up there?

Nope,

I have not shoveled any of it yet. :D

42 degrees.

A few weeks ago in our newspaper it said that Alaska was hurting because it didn't have a lot of snow this winter. I told my husband I'd ask you if that was true or not.

It does,

For example. Winter sports and the effect on the economy. It really is hard on the ski resorts, snowmobile riding and selling them. The Iditarod race. Stuff like that.

• Like 1

Minus 5 degrees right now.

I'm done with temps below freezing - Greg - I'm very sorry, as much as I love you - I'll never visit you in Anchorage.

:LOL:

Its not always this cold. At this point I will take it over snow. This cold does take its toll on me at times as I get older. :codger:

That why old geezers like to move to Florida.

• Like 1

On Monday It's supposed to be 70 and sunny here in lovely southwest Ohio...and then wind and rain and 48 on Tuesday. Even that doesn't say winter, though.

We're a week away from spring, and I'm ready for it. :)

OMG - Me too.

Bring on sunshine and vitamin D :sundog:

To me it doesn't matter whether it's sunny or windy and raining- I just love the first few really mild days of spring. I love the smell outside during a mild spring rain, or the feeling of sun on the skin on those first warmer days.

Aye, I love the feeling of the eternal rebirth awakening of glorious Spring from the cold deadness of Winter. Wonderful time of year.

• Like 2

Spring doesn't come early enough to suit me here, in these foothills of the Appalachians, so am planning to take a trip with the kids during their spring break (the week which consumes the last couple of days of March with the first days of April) further south and east to the coast in SC, Georgia, or Florida, where Spring should be further developed and happening along nicely. Perhaps as far south as Florida. I am thinking as one option of a dual purpose trip to show the kids both St. Augustine, Fl, which claims to be the oldest city in the US (disputed with Pensacola, Fl. on the Gulf coast) and Cumberland Island, Georgia, right above the Fl. state line, which I have never been to (as opposed to St. Augustine, which I have been to once before), but which is by all accounts a wonderful coastal island wilderness paridise, for those who are into that sort of thing. We will be packing camping supplies for the latter.

Anyway, maybe we will go to those places, maybe somewhere else. The main thing is that I want to take a vacation break somewhere where I can see and feel Spring already, and then return to my home, content in the knowledge that soon enough that same Spring glory will come to my place.

Edited by Closer to the Heart
  • Like 2