Say Something Nice

x1yyz

I wanna say one thing about my friend Tombstone Mountain. Even though he drives me up a wall with his CA ass kissing. He enjoys Tom Waits. So that is an immediate in with me. He's awesome.

Mick

And he digs Chris Squire. He can't be all bad...... :)

He loves CA, so he's certainly not all bad! :D

• Like 5

Miss x1yyz is awesome for starting this thread when it was needed most.... :rose: :)

:blush:

No need to blush. Take a bow my dear.... :)

I wanna say one thing about my friend Tombstone Mountain. Even though he drives me up a wall with his CA ass kissing. He enjoys Tom Waits. So that is an immediate in with me. He's awesome.

Mick

When it comes to my appreciation for Waits, all credit goes to my good friend Dan.

Dan and I worked together at a furniture store. He was in sales and I was the delivery guy. We lived in the same apartment complex. At the time, I was an aspiring musician who happened to deliver furniture, in a decent band playing a few gigs here and there. Our apartment complex was weird in that it was a hotel at one time. My roommate was the drummer and we had LEGENDARY parties in our top floor apartment. During one of those shindigs, he popped in Bone Machine in the CD player. We were all like "WTF is THAT?!?" We were metalheads with such a narrow perspective.

He introduced me to the Waits catalog and schooled me on music that was off of my radar. A highlight of my music career was jamming with him onstage, as we performed "People get Ready" in front of a raucous NCO club at Ft. Knox. Such a precious memory.

Dan also introduced me to the great, and I truly mean great, Lyle Lovett. Well, we parted ways as I joined a touring band and left my then home. Years passed. I moved to Texas at one point. Driving across Texas, Lyle and Tom were frequently playing in my car stereo. I would often think about Dan, wondering where he was, and what he was doing. Around 2012 I got an email from Dan. What a joyful reunion! Funny thing his interest in Lyle waned a bit, and he wasn't up to speed with his catalog from 1995 to 2012.

It was then my turn to be the teacher. He's up to speed now. Anyway, that's how I came to know Tom Waits

• Like 2

Mick

When it comes to my appreciation for Waits, all credit goes to my good friend Dan.

Dan and I worked together at a furniture store. He was in sales and I was the delivery guy. We lived in the same apartment complex. At the time, I was an aspiring musician who happened to deliver furniture, in a decent band playing a few gigs here and there. Our apartment complex was weird in that it was a hotel at one time. My roommate was the drummer and we had LEGENDARY parties in our top floor apartment. During one of those shindigs, he popped in Bone Machine in the CD player. We were all like "WTF is THAT?!?" We were metalheads with such a narrow perspective.

He introduced me to the Waits catalog and schooled me on music that was off of my radar. A highlight of my music career was jamming with him onstage, as we performed "People get Ready" in front of a raucous NCO club at Ft. Knox. Such a precious memory.

Dan also introduced me to the great, and I truly mean great, Lyle Lovett. Well, we parted ways as I joined a touring band and left my then home. Years passed. I moved to Texas at one point. Driving across Texas, Lyle and Tom were frequently playing in my car stereo. I would often think about Dan, wondering where he was, and what he was doing. Around 2012 I got an email from Dan. What a joyful reunion! Funny thing his interest in Lyle waned a bit, and he wasn't up to speed with his catalog from 1995 to 2012.

It was then my turn to be the teacher. He's up to speed now. Anyway, that's how I came to know Tom Waits

what a great story......mine is just that i heard the shitty eagles version of ol 55......but it intrigued me enough to look up the original version. then picked up small change randomly. I was just hooked. no one moves me like he does. no artist can or will.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

no one moves me like he does. no artist can or will.

Give Lovett a shot. Listen to "Simple Song" and go from there.

• Like 1

Mick

no one moves me like he does. no artist can or will.

Give Lovett a shot. Listen to "Simple Song" and go from there.

Will do. I always have room for more music.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

what a great story......mine is just that i heard the shitty eagles version of ol 55......but it intrigued me enough to look up the original version. then picked up small change randomly. I was just hooked. no one moves me like he does. no artist can or will.

Mick

I like that sh*tty version..... :rage:
  • Like 1

Mick

Mick

:laughing guy:

Why do i always do that to someone? LMAO

Mick

Mick

Mick

Mick

Truth is I had never heard it until maybe a year ago. My son loaded some gym music for me on my phone and Eagles greatest hits was one of them which there are many hits of course. It was on there and when I first heard the song I was like WTF is this but I liked it. Then I started skipping forward to hear it. Cool song. I almost used it for your member title.... :)
  • Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

Truth is I had never heard it until maybe a year ago. My son loaded some gym music for me on my phone and Eagles greatest hits was one of them which there are many hits of course. It was on there and when I first heard the song I was like WTF is this but I liked it. Then I started skipping forward to hear it. Cool song. I almost used it for your member title.... :)

Truth is It's not THAT bad. that was me being a loud obnoxious New Yorker, lol

Sorry it's my culture, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Bluefox is awesome! He keeps a smile on my face due to his ribbing me when I say the most dumb things, and backs me up when I make controversial confessions (sorry guys but Presto IS A TOP TEN RUSH ALBUM (even if right now it is my number eleven).

Narpski is like my cool uncle on this forum. I cannot fault the guy as he is just the nicest dude.

Lorraine is like that slightly terrifying cool girl in the corner who watches everything and laughs at it all. For that I have to say: KINDRED SPIRIT.

And to Zumbi...I genuinely like this guy, he can be touchy and a bit...well...HIMSELF but he tries to keep the discussion going with various...interesting...threads.

Spaghetti Lee is absolutely irritating and I could knock his block off at times. But for all the Harry Potter book fans on this forum, his is the Peeves of this forum and his annoying, childish, vulgar humour is occasionally (rarely) laugh out loud awesome.

ReGorLaTroy for his boundless enthusiasm for absolutely everything. Like...does this dude EVER complain? And he has impeccable, and enviable taste and knowledge of music. I wish we had more in common, but I love hearing what he has to say regardless.

Treeduck, Blue J, and Eagle Mokn are three more awesome dudes, and Rush Boingo deserves a big mention for having (in my opinion) the oddest taste in music on this forum (although much of mine is questionable), but I love the individuality and desire to NEVER BACK DOWN from supporting bands he clearly and dearly adores.

And last but not least: Rodrigo Whatchimacallit (the one with the cute baby and slightly unnerving taste in horror movies...). Why? Because you have a cute baby and excellent taste in film!

:wtf:

No love for your favorite fish man? :huh: :P

• Like 3

Bluefox is awesome! He keeps a smile on my face due to his ribbing me when I say the most dumb things, and backs me up when I make controversial confessions (sorry guys but Presto IS A TOP TEN RUSH ALBUM (even if right now it is my number eleven).

Narpski is like my cool uncle on this forum. I cannot fault the guy as he is just the nicest dude.

Lorraine is like that slightly terrifying cool girl in the corner who watches everything and laughs at it all. For that I have to say: KINDRED SPIRIT.

And to Zumbi...I genuinely like this guy, he can be touchy and a bit...well...HIMSELF but he tries to keep the discussion going with various...interesting...threads.

Spaghetti Lee is absolutely irritating and I could knock his block off at times. But for all the Harry Potter book fans on this forum, his is the Peeves of this forum and his annoying, childish, vulgar humour is occasionally (rarely) laugh out loud awesome.

ReGorLaTroy for his boundless enthusiasm for absolutely everything. Like...does this dude EVER complain? And he has impeccable, and enviable taste and knowledge of music. I wish we had more in common, but I love hearing what he has to say regardless.

Treeduck, Blue J, and Eagle Mokn are three more awesome dudes, and Rush Boingo deserves a big mention for having (in my opinion) the oddest taste in music on this forum (although much of mine is questionable), but I love the individuality and desire to NEVER BACK DOWN from supporting bands he clearly and dearly adores.

And last but not least: Rodrigo Whatchimacallit (the one with the cute baby and slightly unnerving taste in horror movies...). Why? Because you have a cute baby and excellent taste in film!

He only mentioned everyone else on the forum... :LMAO:
  • Like 2

He don't like me either. Probably cause I suckered him with a fake RollingStone article

• Like 1

He only mentioned everyone else on the forum... :LMAO:

That's ok,

I like being the underdog. Worked for me all my life. :codger: :D :7up:

He don't like me either. Probably cause I suckered him with a fake RollingStone article

:LOL:

You suckered me too, but I still like you!

And LIX suckered me yesterday making me think I was really loosing whatever marbles I have left. :wacko:

It happens to the best of us. :)

I have to spotlight Lorraine. Such a nice lady. When i didn't respond to her thread about me yesterday. She PM'D me worried that she offended me and that gesture really touched me. I assured her she didn't but not many people would have even done that.

So thanks again Lorraine you rock.

Mick

• Like 6

I have to spotlight Lorraine. Such a nice lady. When i didn't respond to her thread about me yesterday. She PM'D me worried that she offended me and that gesture really touched me. I assured her she didn't but not many people would have even done that.

Mick

Mick, you made my day. Thank you from the heart! :wub:

I have to tell you too (and I am not just responding in like manner for the sake of doing so) that you and your family were on my mind all last night. I admire your courage and your ability to keep a positive and upbeat attitude in the face of challenges and troubles that many will never know. In short, you inspire me. And for that, I thank you! :hug2:

• Like 5

Mick

Mick, you made my day. Thank you from the heart! :wub:

I have to tell you too (and I am not just responding in like manner for the sake of doing so) that you and your family were on my mind all last night. I admire your courage and your ability to keep a positive and upbeat attitude in the face of challenges and troubles that many will never know. In short, you inspire me. And for that, I thank you! :hug2:

Ah come here you AFTK loving loony....... :hug2:

Mick

• Like 2