Hardest Rocking Synth Era Song?

Geddy's Soul Patch

All this discussion about Rush being metal got me thinking. I we define the synth era as Signals through HYF what would every one say is the heaviest song? It's a tossup for me between Between the Wheels, Lock and Key, and The Big Money. I'd probably say BTW because it's darker than the other two

One of the all time ever best songs, The Analog Kid. Hands down the heaviest of that period, so much so, I don't really think it is in that era...

Alex shreds the solo, but the chorus is kind of wimpy. Well...maybe not wimpy, those bass pedals have a lot of power, but the chorus still doesn't rock that hard Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 2

One of the all time ever best songs, The Analog Kid. Hands down the heaviest of that period, so much so, I don't really think it is in that era...

Alex shreds the solo, but the chorus is kind of wimpy. Well...maybe not wimpy, those bass pedals have a lot of power, but the chorus still doesn't rock that hard

Agreed.

Are we bored or what?... :LOL:

How many more avenues of Rush could we cover? Skin imperfections of the boys? birthmarks? lol

Mick

Are the boys circumcised? I will venture a guess on one of them anyway. Anybody else have an opinion?.. :LOL:
  • Like 1

How many more avenues of Rush could we cover? Skin imperfections of the boys? birthmarks? lol

Mick

Are the boys circumcised? I will venture a guess on one of them anyway. Anybody else have an opinion?.. :LOL:

This has taken a weird turn...

• Like 1

Mick

Imagine Neil's disgust at reading this post hahaha
  • Like 2

Mick

This has taken a weird turn...

4000 started it... :LOL:

Not sure I understand what you mean by "heavy"? Dark sounding?........ "Heavy lyrics"?......... or simply "Heavy on the keyboards"?

And why stop at HYF? Go to Presto and I think Available Light could be considered pretty "dark" sounding

Edited by Distant Signals

Not sure I understand what you mean by "heavy"? Dark sounding?........ "Heavy lyrics"?......... or simply "Heavy on the keyboards"?

Hardest rocking

Hardest Rocking... Well The Analog Kid is up there, but the choruses do "slow down" in tempo. Same with Between The Wheels but in reverse

Marathon and Manhattan Project both rock out. Even Grand Designs rocks out, but can sound kind of "pop-ish" to some (personally I love it)

Chemistry and Subdivisions are good rockin keyboard songs. Prime Mover and Lock and Key are good ones too, heck even High Water is a rocker :)

Guess I can't decide :drool:

• Like 1