Remaster Rush In Rio and Clockwork Angels Tour CDs

YYZumbi

We all agree that Rush In Rio and Clockwork Angels Tour are the worst Rush albums that they have ever released if you look at the sound quality/mix, right?

But I was thinking on one thing when I was reading this: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/mastering-forum/544849-remastering-cds-personal-use.html

Why havent anyone done a remaster and released it public? Since Rush wont do it..

I dont know how to do it, but I think it could be made much better!

You can only remaster them if you have the original mixes pre-master. It doesn't do much to remaster an existing master. You can do a little eq here and there, adjust the overall volume, but if you want the guitars louder in the mix or pan them to either side then you're out of luck.

Rush In Rio may not have the best sound quality, but when you stop to think about it doesn't it also add to the charm that they're not all sounding the same? I haven't heard Clockwork Angels Live on cd but I suppose it got the 'loudness' treatment so overly done these days. I ripped the sound from the dvd so I would have more control over the quality, and I think it sounds fine. The dynamics are still squashed but that seems to be normal with live recordings.

no its no charm that Rush In Rio sounds bad, I can not even listen to it, Rush In Rio and Clockwork Angels Tour are the two CDs that I can not listen to at all, because they sound terrible!

I have been listened to both of them like 2-3 times, but thats it.

no its no charm that Rush In Rio sounds bad, I can not even listen to it, Rush In Rio and Clockwork Angels Tour are the two CDs that I can not listen to at all, because they sound terrible!

I have been listened to both of them like 2-3 times, but thats it.

Then count your blessings that they have released so much worth listening too ;). Do you feel the same about the live dvd?

Rush and Rio can't be remixed to sound better. You have to understand that when they did that concert, they did it with primitive (compared to ours) recording and sound equipment, and also had no time for a soundcheck that night. They did everything on the fly up to when they burst into Tom Sawyer.

CA is a different story, but good luck on that one.

You can only remaster them if you have the original mixes pre-master. It doesn't do much to remaster an existing master. You can do a little eq here and there, adjust the overall volume, but if you want the guitars louder in the mix or pan them to either side then you're out of luck.

Rush In Rio may not have the best sound quality, but when you stop to think about it doesn't it also add to the charm that they're not all sounding the same? I haven't heard Clockwork Angels Live on cd but I suppose it got the 'loudness' treatment so overly done these days. I ripped the sound from the dvd so I would have more control over the quality, and I think it sounds fine. The dynamics are still squashed but that seems to be normal with live recordings.

How do you rip the sound from a DVD? I've been wanting to do that with the Clockwork Angels tour recording myself.

How do you rip the sound from a DVD? I've been wanting to do that with the Clockwork Angels tour recording myself.

Follow this guide: http://www.macworld.com/article/1146240/dvd_audio_ripping.html

• Like 1

Follow this guide: http://www.macworld....io_ripping.html

I followed that guide.

We all agree that Rush In Rio and Clockwork Angels Tour are the worst Rush albums that they have ever released if you look at the sound quality/mix, right?

But I was thinking on one thing when I was reading this: http://www.gearslutz...rsonal-use.html

Why havent anyone done a remaster and released it public? Since Rush wont do it..

Time Machine Tour is the worst, and no remix or remaster can fix Geddy's voice.

• Like 1

But I was thinking on one thing when I was reading this: http://www.gearslutz...rsonal-use.html

Really? I think it's pretty decent compared to the Clockwork Angels DVD. Even with the cold he had he sounded better on TM.

• Like 1

Really? I think it's pretty decent compared to the Clockwork Angels DVD. Even with the cold he had he sounded better on TM.

TMT is unlistenable because of the vocals. I still want a boot that doesn't have atrocious vocals, because I saw several shows on this tour and his voice was never close to as bad as on the released product.

TMT is unlistenable because of the vocals. I still want a boot that doesn't have atrocious vocals, because I saw several shows on this tour and his voice was never close to as bad as on the released product.

Yeah that I agree with. The concerts I went to on that tour sounded better too. Poor guy.

Yeah that I agree with. The concerts I went to on that tour sounded better too. Poor guy.

I actually sold him short. He sounded very good at the shows I saw. From what I understand they recorded several shows, so I don't know why they had to use the same show for the DVD as for the CD.

• Like 1

I actually sold him short. He sounded very good at the shows I saw. From what I understand they recorded several shows, so I don't know why they had to use the same show for the DVD as for the CD.

Yeah I don't get that either. And it's such a shame about the editing on the DVD. I can't even watch it because it gives me a headache.

Tough luck, mate :huh:

This response cracked me up. :joker:

Holy necropost Batman.

Is it not 2014? I thought it was!

No it isn't, but don't feel bad man. Sometimes I still think it's 1974.

• Like 1