Rush Hemispheres Pre. 1994

Pars123

Has Geddy ever said why he started off singing so high?

My guess is (a) because he could, and (b) because that's how Plant sang.

Geddy sang considerably higher than Plant at times though

That he has. Not sure why you mentioned that, though.

I just don't think Geddy sang THAT much like Plant (besides the debut and FBN). He sang with a lot more power

Are you saying that he sang like Plant the most on the debut and FBN?

I just don't think Geddy sang THAT much like Plant (besides the debut and FBN). He sang with a lot more power

Would you not agree?

Some good vocals on the other nights. The original posting was an off night. It happens.

I have some nights where I feel like my range has no limits at all and other nights... well, other nights. The voice is a really tough instrument. Requires constant attention, is unpredictable and is critiqued far more than any other.

btw, this was one of the comments on youtube:

"Who ever disliked this song should have there right to hear music taken away."

I agree! :D

Edited by KennyLee

Would you not agree?

Absolutely. It seemed like you were disagreeing with my response to Lorraine's question, but I'm glad to see you're actually in agreement with it.

I don't like Neils playing on this. He seems to be mailing it in, like he could give a shit about playing it. It's also soon after Gruber got to him.. I prefer Neil circa 1982 .. He just played within more fire

Some of my favorite versions of Xanadu are from this tour and Prelude grooves like it never had before.

Those of you into Geddy pain will enjoy this nugget from the tour.

Poor guy. I really feel for him on this night.

Some of my favorite versions of Xanadu are from this tour and Prelude grooves like it never had before.

I appreciate him "Sticking It Out" but damn, this is worse than his illnesses on Time Machine and Different Stages disc 3.

I can't listen to this, but I have the bootleg from the 29th, a few days after this concert. I'll give it a listen and see if he was doing any better.

Bless his heart for plugging away. That is the most awful feeling when you know it's just not there that night. :|

He should've let Alex handle the vocals :LOL:

From a Lerxst rant somewhere on YouTube from the Counterparts tour: "On the drums, Miss Karen Carpenter!"

Sadly, Xanadu was not kind to him. He did well considering but... alas. I actually thought Limelight was his most difficult sounding and it was 3rd I think... Maybe he didn't warm his voice up for fear of making it worse. :huh:

I can't listen either. My heart bleeds for him even though it is over and he could care less.

Sadly, Xanadu was not kind to him. He did well considering but... alas. I actually thought Limelight was his most difficult sounding and it was 3rd I think... Maybe he didn't warm his voice up for fear of making it worse. :huh:

I can't listen either. My heart bleeds for him even though it is over and he could care less.

The one I'm listening to, Limelight was changed to the last song of the first set. He was getting hoarse. Bad. It's funny listening to it. In my mind I'm cheering him on "Come on Geddy, you can do it!!"

• Like 2

The one I'm listening to, Limelight was changed to the last song of the first set. He was getting hoarse. Bad. It's funny listening to it. In my mind I'm cheering him on "Come on Geddy, you can do it!!"

I gave a few songs a listen last night. Xanadu was not great, but I thought he actually did a pretty good job on Hemispheres, I was quite impressed Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 1

I gave a few songs a listen last night. Xanadu was not great, but I thought he actually did a pretty good job on Hemispheres, I was quite impressed

You are right. He did very well on Hemispheres. I don't know what he did during the intermission, but his voice perked up considerably in the second half of the show.

Which show are you referring to? Do you have a link?

No, I have it on my stick. It is "A Night At The Spectrum" April 29, 1994.

Your stick? hmmm. Thank you so much wonderful lady :sundog:

Your stick? hmmm. Thank you so much wonderful lady :sundog:

USB stick. And keep the charm coming! It suits you!! ;)

• Like 1

I don't believe they were doing "An Evening With" shows during the CP tour (I think those started with the TFE tour), so likely no intermission.

I don't believe they were doing "An Evening With" shows during the CP tour (I think those started with the TFE tour), so likely no intermission.

No there was no intermission during the CP tour.

No there was no intermission during the CP tour.

The songs were separated into two sets in the file I have. Also on the notes with the file.

Here's the setlist I have copied for you from the notes:

Track Listing

Intro 2:02

Dreamline 5:05

The Spirit of Radio 4:57

The Analog Kid 6:25

Cold Fire 4:31

Time Stand Still 5:57

Nobody's Hero 5:07

Roll The Bones 6:07

Animate 7:48

Stick It Out 5:14

Double Agent 4:54

Limelight 4:46

Bravado 6:34

Mystic Rhythms 5:57

Closer To The Heart 5:50

Show Don't Tell 5:28

Leave That Thing Alone 6:06

The Rhythm Method 7:53

The Trees 5:19

Xanadu 6:59

Hemispheres: Prelude 4:18

Tom Sawyer 5:28

I would have been at that show and do not recall a bad vocal night. Not having a good memory works in my favor sometimes. I also don't recall if there was an intermission or not. :huh: