savagegrace26

Dog Years or Speed of Love?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your poison

• Dog Years
    • Speed of Love
    • They are both equally awesome
    • They are both equally suck

Neither song is really unlistenable, but Dog Years really is so much better. The Speed of Love is just…boring. Dog Years is fun, somewhat heavy, and actually a highlight of Test for Echo (IMO).
  • Like 3

I think neither one is really any good but at least Dog Years is playful in a ITIGB kind of way which is it only redeeming quality. I would listen to Dog Years first for the reason I stated.....

You know, there are plenty of people that think Dogs Years isn't tongue in cheek. :facepalm:

Speed of Love is magnitudes better

In advanced mathematics, as well as colloquially in popular culture, especially geek culture, the phrase "order of magnitude" is used to denote a change in a numeric quantity,

Weird that geek culture would make its way into a RUSH forum.

I voted for The Speed of Love as I find it as a nice breather episode in between a heavy track like Alien Shore and a song that's all over the place like Double Agent, and also because I like Counterparts more than Test For Echo. I do think that Dog Years got some great riffs though. I think it would've been better as a simple, straightforward instrumental although I suppose if you're a dog lover and a :rush: fan, the topic itself is something to like about the song even with the great riffs, and if the lyrics are playfully fun or for some horrendous.

Like choosing the tallest midget for me. Makes no difference. Both are just bad.

You disappoint me, I thought you would appreciate the beautiful subtleties of Speed of Love more haha Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 1

Yeah, Speed Of Love sort of robs the album of momentum; when I play it without it, it just feels better going from Alien Shore to Double Agent than with SOL in between. Dog Years at least promotes what little momentum T4E has at that point; honestly, Totem -> Dog Years -> Virtuality sounds better than Totem -> Virtuality to me.