Rush's hardest album?

k3no444

The hardest album is Vapor Trails.

The album that was most "metal" at the time of release was probably 2112.

The hardest album is Vapor Trails.

The album that was most "metal" at the time of release was probably 2112.

I would tend to agree with this but there's hardly an album of RUSH that I would consider "metal". Now there's one song I would consider to be heavy.......how about....Between The Wheels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtXo7aYC2nY&sns=em

That specific performance is very important to me. That live album/dvd is what i consider my introduction to Rush... Even more memorable than the show I actually went to in person.

Yes, VT and Snakes are the closest to the Metal for the band and mayble CA, but we can see also influences from grunge and heavy blues which make the band so unique

I by no means consider ANYTHING rush has down to be metal. But you have to remember. I was not born in the 70's.....they probably were metal. So ya can't go by me. lol.

Mick

I was born in 60' and I never considered it metal so..... :huh: I will be shown the error of my ways by some members here however....... :)

It was back then in our day. Bands like Rush paved the way for the heavier stuff! :haz:

I by no means consider ANYTHING rush has down to be metal. But you have to remember. I was not born in the 70's.....they probably were metal. So ya can't go by me. lol.

Mick

I was born in 60' and I never considered it metal so..... :huh: I will be shown the error of my ways by some members here however....... :)

It was back then in our day. Bands like Rush paved the way for the heavier stuff! :haz:

Their influence on the genre is heavily recognised, hence their inclusion on the Encyclopaedia Metallum. Its surprising how positive even the synth era albums are revieved on a website devoted to the hard and heavy!

• Like 1

Mick

Their influence on the genre is heavily recognised, hence their inclusion on the Encyclopaedia Metallum. Its surprising how positive even the synth era albums are revieved on a website devoted to the hard and heavy!

:goodone:

What people fail to realize is the generations of music. Take the Beatles, Elvis ect. for example. They were considered by some people as evil and satanic. :LOL: Then along comes heavier music, Black Sabbath, Zeppelin, The Who ect. Younger musicians are inspired by these bands but want there own sound and style. It never stops. Music is creativity and art. :D

Edited by troutman

Mick

Plus, my first introduction to Rush was through various articles in metal magazines. I held off listening to them for years because I imagined they would reek of cheese.

Now I love them, and enjoy the cheesiest music the world has ever seen!

Note: I was wrong. Rush aren't cheesy.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Mick

Plus, my first introduction to Rush was through various articles in metal magazines. I held off listening to them for years because I imagined they would reek of cheese.

:ebert:

Take "Feedback" for example,

Look at the bands who influenced them. :guitar:

Mick

LOVE! So glad they appreciate that band...

• Like 1

Mick

There you go,

Look at Judas Priest. They have inspired so many heavy metal bands. :haz:

Mick

There you go,

Not a fan...have tried...

• Like 1

Hmmm.. Hard to say, maybe Caress of Steel or even some songs off Counterparts and T4E are on the heavier side I suppose.

What are the heaviest songs? Album with the highest percentage of heaviness wins? I think part 2 of the Necromancer was about as Sabbath-heavy as they got . . . well, then there's the end of Cygnus X1 . . .

The debut is easily their heaviest album, in my opinion. There are heavier moments on other albums, but the debut pretty much keeps the heavy rock going throughout. And no lame keys.

I am debating between Clockwork Angels and Fly By Night to be their hardest albums IMO. What do you guys think is their hardest, most metal-like album?

Rivendell...Making Memories? Decidedly unheavy.

I am debating between Clockwork Angels and Fly By Night to be their hardest albums IMO. What do you guys think is their hardest, most metal-like album?

Rivendell...Making Memories? Decidedly unheavy.

Halo Effect? The Garden? Decidedly unheavy.

• Like 1

From the Peart era, this.

From the peart era? You mean, 1975-2012?

• Like 3

Mick

There you go,

Not a fan...have tried...

Dude,

That's fu**** up!! :madra: :P

Both statements are very correct!

;)

• Like 1

What are the heaviest songs? Album with the highest percentage of heaviness wins? I think part 2 of the Necromancer was about as Sabbath-heavy as they got . . . well, then there's the end of Cygnus X1 . . .

That's right, I'm quoting myself. Should we start a poll, asking what album has the highest percentage of heavy songs? And when I say "we," I mean, not me, but someone else. I don't know how to start a poll.

Both statements are very correct!

;)

My sixteen year old self is threatening to disown me.

Metallica (they straight lifted the guitar riff from Tom Sawyer in Sanitarium and actually thanked Rush in the liner notes).

I'm curious - can you specify what riff you're referring to in the 'talica song?

Sanitarium (Welcome Home)... from 4:02 t0 4:21 in the song... the guitar work is clearly taken directly from Tom Sawyer. From what I have read, Metallica does not confirm it was borrowed, but they do not deny it either. Factor that with the nod to Rush in the original liner notes, and it is more tribute than sinister thievery... although Metal

Metallica (they straight lifted the guitar riff from Tom Sawyer in Sanitarium and actually thanked Rush in the liner notes).

I'm curious - can you specify what riff you're referring to in the 'talica song?

Sanitarium (Welcome Home)... from 4:02 t0 4:21 in the song... the guitar work is clearly taken directly from Tom Sawyer. From what I have read, Metallica does not confirm it was borrowed, but they do not deny it either. Factor that with the nod to Rush in the original liner notes, and it is more tribute than sinister thievery... although Metal

Huh. I just listened to that (do you actually mean from 4:08-4:24?) but I don't get Tom Sawyer stuff at all.