Suggest an interesting Rush mix CD for me to make

toymaker

I wanted to say too that there is nothing interesting about my list and I didn't intend it to be interesting. It is what I would make for myself if I had to choose one song from each album.

Everything on your list is interesting as far as I'm concerned. I mean, almost everything . . . :blush:

• Like 1

I wanted to say too that there is nothing interesting about my list and I didn't intend it to be interesting. It is what I would make for myself if I had to choose one song from each album.

Everything on your list is interesting as far as I'm concerned. I mean, almost everything . . . :blush:

Yeah yeah I know...but humor me and put it on the CD anyway. It may grow on you in time. Maybe a very long time. Eons at least. It might take until 2112.

• Like 1

If he is referring to Speed Of Love, it is on mine as well so yeah...get used to it toybuddy bud bud!
  • Like 1

That's 9 mix CDs (well, 10 - thanks, Lorraine!). Thanks everybody.

Next topic (previously mentioned): fan-made concept albums, using existing Rush tunes. A much more difficult task? Maybe. Tell a story . . . (or tell me to stick a sock in it).

Next topic (previously mentioned): fan-made concept albums, using existing Rush tunes. A much more difficult task? Maybe. Tell a story . . . (or tell me to stick a sock in it).

Stick a sock in it...lol jk jk...

I want to tell a cuddly bunny story of love in the land of Happy using only VT songs...

Stick a sock in it...lol jk jk...

I want to tell a cuddly bunny story of love in the land of Happy using only VT songs...

Don't you keep me waiting . . .

Saw this on the forum two or 3 months, nice medley of Rush's songs. For those who are new here :

Edited by RUDT

Here's my list. You may have to make two CDs here because I am not counting minutes.

The Fountain of Lamneth

Xanadu :wub: (and I am still horrified :o that Narpski scratched it off his list due to length!!)

Cygnus X-1, Book II - Hemispheres

Natural Science (Rio)

Witch Hunt (Grace Under Pressure Tour)

The Weapon (Grace Under Pressure Tour)

Kid Gloves

Mystic Rhythms (one of the best renditions I ever heard of this is on a bootleg but the album cut will do)

Time Stand Still

Show Don't Tell

Ghost Of A Chance

The Speed of Love (sorry, you had to know I would choose it on account of the fact that I genuinely like it a lot)

Test For Echo

Ghost Rider (Rio)

The Garden (CA Tour)

I left out a few of the earlier albums and Snakes and Arrows. I hope I didn't purposely miss any others.

Do you happen to know what the bootleg with the great rendition of Mystic Rhythms is called?

Here's my list. You may have to make two CDs here because I am not counting minutes.

The Fountain of Lamneth

Xanadu :wub: (and I am still horrified :o that Narpski scratched it off his list due to length!!)

Natural Science (Rio)

Kid Gloves

Mystic Rhythms (one of the best renditions I ever heard of this is on a bootleg but the album cut will do)

Time Stand Still

Show Don't Tell

Ghost Of A Chance

The Speed of Love (sorry, you had to know I would choose it on account of the fact that I genuinely like it a lot)

Test For Echo

Ghost Rider (Rio)

The Garden (CA Tour)

I left out a few of the earlier albums and Snakes and Arrows. I hope I didn't purposely miss any others.

Do you happen to know what the bootleg with the great rendition of Mystic Rhythms is called?

I'll find it for you and let you know.

The Fountain of Lamneth

Natural Science (Rio)

Kid Gloves

Time Stand Still

Show Don't Tell

Ghost Of A Chance

Test For Echo

Ghost Rider (Rio)

The Garden (CA Tour)

I'll find it for you and let you know.

Awesome, thanks. Nothing better than a sweet Rush bootleg

I think it is Visions and Illusions, April 16, 1986

I like it primarily because neil's drums are really clear, and Geddy and his little "heys".

I don't think I've heard that one, I'll have to check it out. Geddy's "heys" are always awesome Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch

Listening to my first mix CD - the "Spaghetti Mix." Pretty good. Almost exclusively "majestic era stuff." Nothing past Moving Pictures. Unfortunately I had to make a few adjustments: I couldn't find audio only versions of the two songs from R30 disc 2 that you suggested (Circumstances and La Villa), so I substituted a couple of bootleg versions; also, I screwed up and put on "Soliloquy" from 2112 instead of Oracle: the Dream. That one I don't mind, though, because I think Soliloquy is amazing.

Woooo

Listening to my first mix CD - the "Spaghetti Mix." Pretty good. Almost exclusively "majestic era stuff." Nothing past Moving Pictures. Unfortunately I had to make a few adjustments: I couldn't find audio only versions of the two songs from R30 disc 2 that you suggested (Circumstances and La Villa), so I substituted a couple of bootleg versions; also, I screwed up and put on "Soliloquy" from 2112 instead of Oracle: the Dream. That one I don't mind, though, because I think Soliloquy is amazing.

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/compositions/1695046/views/1,width=190,height=190,appearanceId=2.png/love-thy-mix-spaghetti-strap_design.png

http://www.troll.me/images/oh-no-i-gotta-crap/oh-shit-spaghetti.jpg

Here is my ideal mix, assuming I have to have a good span of songs. I would on my own mix put in Virtuality, but I don't feel like starting an argument over it, you don't enjoy the song due to the dated lyrics I assume, whatever, I love the music on its own.

The RushBoingo Mix

1. A Show of Hands Intro

2. The Big Money

3. Test For Echo

4. The Anarchist

5. The Analog Kid

6. Where's My Thing (Pt. 4 of the Gangsters of Boats Trilogy)

7. Force Ten

8. Marathon

9. The Pass

10. Vital Signs

11. Grand Designs

12. Xanadu

13. Dreamline

14. Subdivisions

15. The Spirit of Radio

There 80 minutes on the dot according to iTunes, remove track one if the disc wont be written. Honorable mentions that did not make the cut include: Jacob's Ladder, Kid Gloves, Prime Mover, Carnies, and the rest of Power Windows. Sorry there is nothing from the first four albums, but they don't have a ton of grabbing material for me.

Another intriguing mix—80s Rush with enough gestures to other eras for interest. CD 3 for me. Some killer tracks had to be left off, I see by your honorable mentions...just out of curiosity, if your preference is to slot Virtuality in somewhere, what would you replace with it?

Either Test For Echo, or Where's My Thing, or maybe it would not have made it in after all, tough pick. I like it more than Where's my thing, but Instrumentals in general are important to me, and it would not be an authentic mix without my favorite one, meanwhile Test for Echo is probably tied with Virtuality, so there

Here is my ideal mix, assuming I have to have a good span of songs. I would on my own mix put in Virtuality, but I don't feel like starting an argument over it, you don't enjoy the song due to the dated lyrics I assume, whatever, I love the music on its own.

The RushBoingo Mix

1. A Show of Hands Intro

2. The Big Money

3. Test For Echo

4. The Anarchist

5. The Analog Kid

7. Force Ten

8. Marathon

9. The Pass

10. Vital Signs

11. Grand Designs

12. Xanadu

13. Dreamline

14. Subdivisions

15. The Spirit of Radio

There 80 minutes on the dot according to iTunes, remove track one if the disc wont be written. Honorable mentions that did not make the cut include: Jacob's Ladder, Kid Gloves, Prime Mover, Carnies, and the rest of Power Windows. Sorry there is nothing from the first four albums, but they don't have a ton of grabbing material for me.

I'm glad that you clarified that "Where's My Thing" was Pt. 4 of the Gangsters of Boats Trilogy so we don't get it mixed up with any other songs called "Where's My Thing."

Classic douchey Rush-fan nitpick

Hey I only did that to ensure that toymaker does not accidentally read that wrong in haste and put on Leave That Thing Alone instead.

The RushBoingo Mix

1. A Show of Hands Intro

2. The Big Money

3. Test For Echo

4. The Anarchist

5. The Analog Kid

7. Force Ten

8. Marathon

9. The Pass

10. Vital Signs

11. Grand Designs

12. Xanadu

13. Dreamline

14. Subdivisions

15. The Spirit of Radio

Another intriguing mix—80s Rush with enough gestures to other eras for interest. CD 3 for me. Some killer tracks had to be left off, I see by your honorable mentions...just out of curiosity, if your preference is to slot Virtuality in somewhere, what would you replace with it?

Either Test For Echo, or Where's My Thing, or maybe it would not have made it in after all, tough pick. I like it more than Where's my thing, but Instrumentals in general are important to me, and it would not be an authentic mix without my favorite one, meanwhile Test for Echo is probably tied with Virtuality, so there

I love your list! I see you have Xanadu...

...makes me feel like I should have another stab at this...

And well done for including Virtuality. Thats a cool little song!

Listening to the WavesandWindows mix now. Digging it. I guessed about the Xanadu thing . . . just sort of faded it out. Works okay.

My Mix would be :

Subdivisions

Finding My Way

Limelight

Xanadu (studio, and esl)

The Spirit Of Radio

Red Barchetta

Lessons

Force Ten

Anthem

Dreamline

Show Dont Tell

The Camera Eye

Closer To The Heart (ESL)

Mystic Rhythms

Scars

Stick It Out

Animate

The Analog Kid

I know its kind of long, but Rush is sooo good it hard not to make a long mix. In my opinion, this is all of the good stuff to me. If I were to create a set list for a Rush tour, it would be something like this.

My Mix would be :

Subdivisions

Finding My Way

Limelight

Xanadu (studio, and esl)

The Spirit Of Radio

Red Barchetta

Lessons

Force Ten

Anthem

Dreamline

Show Dont Tell

The Camera Eye

Closer To The Heart (ESL)

Mystic Rhythms

Scars

Stick It Out

Animate

The Analog Kid

I know its kind of long, but Rush is sooo good it hard not to make a long mix. In my opinion, this is all of the good stuff to me. If I were to create a set list for a Rush tour, it would be something like this.

A fine list—what's the length, do you figure? I'm looking for things that will fit on an 80 minute disc

I think it is Visions and Illusions, April 16, 1986

I like it primarily because neil's drums are really clear, and Geddy and his little "heys".

I don't think I've heard that one, I'll have to check it out. Geddy's "heys" are always awesome

Found it on youtube. I haven't heard this either. Cool version of Mystic.

I've listened to the first three of my mix-CDs and enjoyed them all - thanks. I'm about to check out the mostly-classic selection of Mr. IsNot. Is Prime Mover considered "classic" Rush by now? (Or is it all classic?) Edited by toymaker

I've listened to the first three of my mix-CDs and enjoyed them all - thanks. I'm about to check out the mostly-class selection of Mr. IsNot. Is Prime Mover considered "classic" Rush by now? (Or is it all classic?)

After CA two years ago? Yeah, it's Aaaallllllllleh classic. :P