2014-15 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

My picks for this weekend games,

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Hope you are right :)

Would love to see the Panthers come to GB, but I'm not confident (or willing to jinx things) enough to make any picks at all.

• Like 1

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Hope you are right :)

Would love to see the Panthers come to GB, but I'm not confident (or willing to jinx things) enough to make any picks at all.

I have no dog in the fight,

It's just my gut feeling. Plus I hate Denver and Seattle. :P

A multi million dollar industry that doesn't have competent refereeing officals. Way to stay classy NFL. Must be one of the reasons you're called the No Fun League.

Just got home from work and saw the highlights. If that one play was not pass interference on Dallas then why have refs.at all? That was pathetic. Were there more bad calls like this one?

There hasn't been a call that bad anywhere all season that I remember.

If the Cowboys go on to win the Super Bowl they better get that ref a ring too. I don't like Detroit but they got SCREWED big time. They could have run out the clock and won. Wow.

This is why I chuckle at everyone who sees the Seahawks winning out. Time and time again, the reality of the NFL Playoffs is that ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

Nothing is a given. A bad call here, an absent AJ Green there, a torn calf muscle over there, turnovers,......the best team does NOT always win.

A bad call on a hail mary catch in the end-zone, even.....

Indeed! I wonder if any reporter asked Golden Tate yesterday for his opinion on bad calls affecting the outcome of a game.

Mr. Tate, what are your feelings NOW about bad calls by the officials and how they affect the outcome of a game? What's that? Go F myself? Well.....that certainly answers my question!

And what about Dez Bryant coming on the field afterwards. His sorry behind should be sitting this weekend. But thanks to Jerry Jones and his nose of brown, it's not happening.

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

All the road teams except one, huh?

Sure,

Why not? Regardless of the sport. If my team is not in the hunt. I choose teams who I like more than who they are matched up against. Doesn't matter where they play or who is favored. Thats just how I roll! :D

• Like 2

Packers

Ravens Patriots

Colts

Panthers

Cool, my picks exactly!

• Like 2

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

Why not? Regardless of the sport. If my team is not in the hunt. I choose teams who I like more than who they are matched up against. Doesn't matter where they play or who is favored. Thats just how I roll! :D

Here's my NFL rooting priority

1. Packers (obviously)

2. Whoever is playing the Bears*

3. Whoever is playing the Vikings*

3. Whoever is playing the Lions*

4. Ravens (Wife's family is there)

5. Steelers (lots of family from my dad's side lives there)

6. Any AFC team playing an NFC team (for homefield advantage reasons)

*If any of these teams are playing each other, I root for whoever has the fewest number of wins

• Like 2

1. Dolphins

2. Whomever is playing the Pats (assuming the Pats are a playoff threat)*.

3. Whomever is playing the Jets (assuming the Pats are a playoff threat)*.

4. Whomever is playing the Bills (assuming the Pats are a playoff threat)*.

5. The Giants

6. Whomever has the best story or is playing the team with the biggest assholes on it or the underdog.

*If any of these teams are playing each other, I root for whomever is the smallest threat to win in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

I thought you meant they were your "picks" in that you thought they were going to win, not who you wanted to win. My bad.

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

1. Packers (obviously)

*If any of these teams are playing each other, I root for whoever has the fewest number of wins

So you're rooting for the Ravens Saturday? I thought we were friends.

• Like 1

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

1. Packers (obviously)

We are buddy, but I have to go with family. I won't be heartbroken if the Ravens lose though, I will genuinely be happy for you.

• Like 1

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

1. Packers (obviously)

We are buddy, but I have to go with family. I won't be heartbroken if the Ravens lose though, I will genuinely be happy for you.

I was going to invite a friend of mine over to watch the game Saturday. My son said this morning, "Dad, how are we going to yell at the TV if the Patriots don't run the ball if he's over."

I love that kid.

• Like 2

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

1. Packers (obviously)

I was going to invite a friend of mine over to watch the game Saturday. My son said this morning, "Dad, how are we going to yell at the TV if the Patriots don't run the ball if he's over."

I love that kid.

I love watching the game with my dad, he and I yell at the TV and my kids think we're crazy. My wife even will yell at the TV once in a while.

For me, I love the noon games. Usually just me and my dad, sometimes my wife and kids come along. If it's a 3:30 game... my brother and his kids are usually there because we do Sunday dinner at my parents. He is a Packers fan, but yaps the entire game. It annoys me, but pisses my dad off. Last week, my brother was talking to my dad, asked him a question... no reply. Asks again... no reply. "Dad?", "Dad?"... finally my dad grumbles "WHAT?!? I'm trying to watch the game!!" Then my brother said he'll just wait for the next commercial :LOL:

My dad is the kind of fan that will go change shirts at halftime if the Packers are losing because he thinks it will help.

• Like 1

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

1. Packers (obviously)

I love that kid.

I love watching the game with my dad, he and I yell at the TV and my kids think we're crazy. My wife even will yell at the TV once in a while.

For me, I love the noon games. Usually just me and my dad, sometimes my wife and kids come along. If it's a 3:30 game... my brother and his kids are usually there because we do Sunday dinner at my parents. He is a Packers fan, but yaps the entire game. It annoys me, but pisses my dad off. Last week, my brother was talking to my dad, asked him a question... no reply. Asks again... no reply. "Dad?", "Dad?"... finally my dad grumbles "WHAT?!? I'm trying to watch the game!!" Then my brother said he'll just wait for the next commercial :LOL:

My dad is the kind of fan that will go change shirts at halftime if the Packers are losing because he thinks it will help.

It drives my wife batty. "They can't hear you, you know" is a common refrain in my house on game day. When my son, my dad, and I watch games together, you can see how Patriots fans have evolved over time with success. My dad is convinced they're going to lose every game. Brady throws an incomplete pass on the first possession and it's "They're going to lose this game" from my dad. I'm in the middle, pessimistic but hopeful. My son is utterly shocked when they lose, and believes they are going to win, literally until the clock goes to zero and they don't.

• Like 2

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

1. Packers (obviously)

I love that kid.

It drives my wife batty. "They can't hear you, you know" is a common refrain in my house on game day. When my son, my dad, and I watch games together, you can see how Patriots fans have evolved over time with success. My dad is convinced they're going to lose every game. Brady throws an incomplete pass on the first possession and it's "They're going to lose this game" from my dad. I'm in the middle, pessimistic but hopeful. My son is utterly shocked when they lose, and believes they are going to win, literally until the clock goes to zero and they don't.

My daughter is the "they can't hear you" person in our house. My wife laughs, she enjoys the show. Sometimes my dad notices she got a kick out of something and will try and keep the craziness going simply for her entertainment.

I am always optimistic, but the most realistic in the house. My dad thinks they can't lose, and blames the refs for everything. I think he seriously wanted the refs to break Suh's leg as punishment after he stepped on Rodgers' ankle. My wife is Aaron Rodgers' protector. Someone hits Aaron at all "Throw the flag, he hit my Aaron!" (other than that, she's pretty quiet). Now my mom... She wants to be part of the experience, but never pays attention. I'm still patient, but my dad isn't. My dad and I will say something and my mom will say "Who, the Packers?" and my dad will say "just watch the game"... She'll be the one that says "The Lions just completed a big pass, the Packers are doomed. They can't let this happen" - in the first quarter

• Like 1

1. Packers (obviously)

1. Green Bay Packers

2. Whoever is playing Detroit

3. Whoever is playing Dallas

4. Whoever is playing Seattle

5. Cincinnati Bengals

Da Bears and the Vikings no longer have anyone on their rosters that I "hate", so I really don't despise them like I did in the past. Sports hatred is a fickle animal..... :P

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

1. Packers (obviously)

The worst superbowl matchup for me was last year. I hate both teams with a passion. Plus Seattle used to be in the AFC west. I ended up pulling for Denver but that was not easy. It came down to which coach I despised the most. :P

• Like 1

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

1. Packers (obviously)

The worst superbowl matchup for me was last year. I hate both teams with a passion. Plus Seattle used to be in the AFC west. I ended up pulling for Denver but that was not easy. It came down to which coach I despised the most. :P

Are there a lot of SEA fans in Alaska? They are physically closest, right?

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

1. Packers (obviously)

Not sure of the numbers but I would say yes. They get promoted the most up here. Plus they get the most preference when it comes to which games will be on TV.

Edited by troutman

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

1. Packers (obviously)

Not sure of the numbers but I would say yes. They get promoted the most up here. Plus they get the most preference when it comes to which games will be on TV.

With the NFL playing games in England, they should make an effort to have a couple teams visit Alaska and Hawaii too!

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

1. Packers (obviously)

With the NFL playing games in England, they should make an effort to have a couple teams visit Alaska and Hawaii too!

I can see Hawaii,

But not here. There is no place large enough to play a game. Plus, the population is so spread out that the demand wouldn't be there.

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

1. Packers (obviously)

I can see Hawaii,

But not here. There is no place large enough to play a game. Plus, the population is so spread out that the demand wouldn't be there.

Good point... and Hawaii would be nothing but a distraction, I'm sure.

Packers

Ravens

Colts

Panthers

Sure,

1. Packers (obviously)

I love that kid.

Hahahaha you should see my daughter's face whenever the Pats' opponent throws a pick. She thinks I'm way too loud but doesn't really get how football works yet.

Announcer: "Manning drops back, looks to the far side, it's a long throw-"

Announcer: "INTERCEPTION!! REVIS!!"

Me: "WAAAAA HOOAA HAHAHA HAHAAOWWOO WWWA AAAAAA!!!!!"