Whole Snakes & Arrows on next tour!

YYZumbi

Clockwork Angels :yes:

Roll the Bones :yes:

Moving Pictures :yes:

2112 :yes:

Snakes and Arrows :facepalm: :sigh:

:) :yes:

But just think of all the money we'll save not buying tickets.

• Like 1

Moving Pictures would be fine if it hadn't already been done. The rest, no thanks.... AFTK would be my choice but I don't get a vote.... :(
  • Like 1

Moving Pictures would be fine if it hadn't already been done. The rest, no thanks.... AFTK would be my choice but I don't get a vote.... :(

None of us do.

But all of us do, with our money. And if they played S&A in its entirely, a lot of us would vote with our wallet.

• Like 3

throw in some caress of steel and fly by night. just one tune from each of those albums. that's all. i rather not hear a song from those two albums but since this is kind of like a farewell tour throw one in. it would be a crowd pleaser and make folks happy. a farewell to kings should have a few tunes thrown in the mix. get some old crap in there. they can leave out power windows cause last tour was a power windows tour. thrown in a song from each album. be nice to hear dark powerful tunes. not so many happy happy tunes. rush has had some cool dark tours with deep tunes and rich chocolate stages. cool lighting. last tour had amazing lighting. it's always a fun show no mater what they play. just play jacobs ladder and the entire crowd will go ape shit. that's a dark tune. bass sounds awesome. time signatures all over the place. such a cool tune. would love to hear that freaking song live. play hemispheres for petes sake. edit down and play it. come on. available light would be a cool tune live also. uplifting song. i could go on and on.

People were heading to the concessions when they played 5 songs in a row from the album. I think half the audience would be gone or sleeping if they played it in whole. With so many gems never recorded live before, it would be a waste to play any song from this album on the next tour (I love Far Cry, MMB and Mal Nar, but I have them live already, thank you).
  • Like 1

None of us do.

But all of us do, with our money. And if they played S&A in its entirely, a lot of us would vote with our wallet.

I'd still see it, but many would not. Also, I might only see 2 concerts rather than 3 or 4.

:boo hiss:

You've probably already, somewhere, elaborated on why you don't like the Snakes album. I at first liked it, then got bored of it, then sort of half liked it; now I'm trying to get into it again. Can you say a bit about why you don't care for it? (This question goes out to anyone who doesn't like it - and responses like "it's just shit," while heartfelt, won't really explain much . . .)

You've probably already, somewhere, elaborated on why you don't like the Snakes album. I at first liked it, then got bored of it, then sort of half liked it; now I'm trying to get into it again. Can you say a bit about why you don't care for it? (This question goes out to anyone who doesn't like it - and responses like "it's just shit," while heartfelt, won't really explain much . . .)

Every song sounds the same. It sounds like it was recorded in a cave. There is something about the way Geddy's voice was recorded that I really don't like. I could only listen to it once, and that was a supreme chore since, as you know, there are many, many songs on the album. I was very happy when I reached the last one. But, who knows? Next year I might love it.

• Like 4

Every song sounds the same. It sounds like it was recorded in a cave. There is something about the way Geddy's voice was recorded that I really don't like. I could only listen to it once, and that was a supreme chore since, as you know, there are many, many songs on the album. I was very happy when I reached the last one. But, who knows? Next year I might love it.

Anything else?..... :laughing guy:

Anything else?..... :laughing guy:

If you don't mind me saying so Narps, coming from you, someone who doesn't like anything they've done in thirty years, that's rich.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I think with Geddy's voice it's because they've processed it a lot on the album, which means they've run it through effects which change the nature of the way it sounds.

I think with Geddy's voice it's because they've processed it a lot on the album, which means they've run it through effects which change the nature of the way it sounds.

Well, it's awful. One song, fine - but every song on the album?? What were they thinking?

Snakes and Arrows is ok but I don't think it's good enough to be played in its entirety. They should stick with Far Cry and maybe We Hold on, but not the whole album. The only album I would love to hear in its entirety would be Grace Under Pressure.
  • Like 2

That's interesting, and I'll have to listen for that next time. I don't recall thinking anything about Geddy's voice being different - except insofar as it seems to be changing a little bit as he gets older, and I think he's changed his singing technique a bit to compensate. I have to say, too, that I only have the DVD-A version (the 5.1 mix), so maybe it sounds a bit less "cavey" than the stereo CD version. Has anyone had a chance to compare the two?

It has nothing to do with Geddy's voice. It is how his voice was recorded.

I'm going to give it a listen right now.

You are a brave man.

You are the best..... :rose: :LOL:
  • Like 1

You are a brave man.

Still here . . . no adverse effects yet . . .

• Like 1

You are a brave man.

Like Red said in Shawshank..... "wait a while"

You are a brave man.

Like Red said in Shawshank..... "wait a while"

Okay, maybe a bit of a headache . . . but I think that might be from something else.

• Like 1

I don't know if they're running his voice through an auto-tuner or just compressing it too much but it sounds like it's being run through a bank of effects a lot of the time.
  • Like 2