Whole Snakes & Arrows on next tour!

YYZumbi

I don't know if they're running his voice through an auto-tuner or just compressing it too much but it sounds like it's being run through a bank of effects a lot of the time.

Whatever it was that they did, I hope they never do it again.

• Like 1

I don't know Lorraine apart by the fact that she is very active on this forum... But i am not sure if she's a real Rush's fan when i learned that she listen to Snakes and Arrows only once and that she might listen it again next year... Even me i never like the sound of Vapor Trails, but i have listened to the album many times. It's never painful to listen to any Rush's albums.

I don't know Lorraine apart by the fact that she is very active on this forum... But i am not sure if she's a real Rush's fan when i learned that she listen to Snakes and Arrows only once and that she might listen it again next year... Even me i never like the sound of Vapor Trails, but i have listened to the album many times. It's never painful to listen to any Rush's albums.

Have you ever met Narpski?

Who are you to question what type or kind of fan I am?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 7

Have you ever met Narpski?

:outtahere: :)

The original, megabrick'd Vapor Trails isn't painful? (I love VTR, but :huh:.) You should probably get your hearing checked.

• Like 1

The original, megabrick'd Vapor Trails isn't painful? (I love VTR, but :huh:.) You should probably get your hearing checked.

I didn't even make it through Vapor Trails once when I bought the original version before throwing it into the back seat of my car in disgust. Didn't listen to it all the way through until the remix came out.

A real Rush's Fan...

A real Rush's Fan...

Oh, pardon us for all taking up space on this forum when clearly you are the only real Rush fan.

Signed,

Someone who has only listened to S&A twice

• Like 5

A real Rush's Fan...

Oh, pardon us for all taking up space on this forum when clearly you are the only real Rush fan.

Signed,

Straight through?

You must have a high pain threshold.

• Like 4

A real Rush's Fan...

Signed,

You go girl..... :cheerleader: :madra:
  • Like 2

A real Rush's Fan...

Signed,

You go girl..... :cheerleader: :madra:

Twice! it's better than one, hang it there your about to become a real one too...

Is this a joke? If someone doesn't torture themselves by listening to a super long Rush album that doesn't interest them then, then they're not a real fan?
  • Like 1

Is this a joke? If someone doesn't torture themselves by listening to a super long Rush album that doesn't interest them then, then they're not a real fan?

You really saying seriously "Torture" if so then i am right, those who feel this way are not real Rush's Fan.

You really saying seriously "Torture" if so then i am right, those who feel this way are not real Rush's Fan.

I am not taking the bait but I bet others here will. Enjoy the discussion.....

Main Entry: 3fan

Function: noun

Etymology: probably short for fanatic

Date: 1682

1 : an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator 2 : an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit) <science-fiction fans>

You don't have to like everything that an artist has ever done to be "an ardent admirer or enthusiast". I'm fairly sure Lorraine and Narpski both fit that definition.

Edited by len(songs)
  • Like 2

1 : an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator 2 : an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit) <science-fiction fans>

You don't have to like everything that an artist has ever done to be "an ardent admirer or enthusiast". I'm fairly sure Lorraine and Narpski both fit that definition.

Yes, i agree with this, i also myself don't like Vapor Trails, not much Test for Echo and half of Clockwork Angels, but in all these case, it's not a painful experience to pass through those albums. Maybe that, they use those words with a bit of exaggeration to make it funny, probably, no big deal...

• Like 1

Yes, i agree with this, i also myself don't like Vapor Trails, not much Test for Echo and half of Clockwork Angels, but in all these case, it's not a painful experience to pass through those albums. Maybe that, they use those words with a bit of exaggeration to make it funny, probably, no big deal...

The point. ^^^^^^ A sense of humor goes a long way in this life. The ability to laugh at oneself may be the most important element of that sense of humor...... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

The point. ^^^^^^ A sense of humor goes a long way in this life. The ability to laugh at oneself may be the most important element of that sense of humor...... :)

Yes, i am going to torture myself with 70 minutes of Snakes and Arrows... :beathorse:

The point. ^^^^^^ A sense of humor goes a long way in this life. The ability to laugh at oneself may be the most important element of that sense of humor...... :)

Yes, i am going to torture myself with 70 minutes of Snakes and Arrows... :beathorse:

From your post Vapor Trails might be a better option..... :)

From your post Vapor Trails might be a better option..... :)

Oh, yes and the original version to make sure...

• Like 1

Torture was an exaggeration, but still, if someone's not that into a Rush album and they maybe have only heard it once or twice they can certainly still he considered a "real" fan.

Torture was an understatement, but still, if someone's not that into a Rush album and they maybe have only heard it once or twice they can certainly still he considered a "real" fan.

Damn GSP you are digging yourself in even deeper on this one..... :D

Actually, here's an idea, as inspired by this thread. Why not play the whole thing...over the course of a number of shows?

That's not a bad idea in general, but there are far better albums to do that with, and many of them could be done alternating between shows, like Permanent Waves. Edited by len(songs)