FIFA World Cup 2014: Brasil

Aikenrooster

By the way, I'm rooting for France today, simply because if they and Brazil go through, they'll face each other in the semifinal. My wounds from losing to France in 86, 98 and 06 are still not healed, and I'd like Brazil to win France in a WC game.

always fun to hear the French anthem.

Here's my favorite rendition...

• Like 1

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaah Hummels. France eliminated, now let's see how the Brazilian boys are doing tonight.
  • Like 2

I don't have high hopes for this games, greyfriar, even though Brazil has only been beaten by Colombia 03 times in almost 100 years. Let's see if Brazil at last delivers the "jogo bonito".

Oh boy, did Brazil deliver today!!!!

At what cost though? No Silva / No Neymar against a pretty strong looking German Team. That knee to Neymar was the dirtiest play I've seen this year. :wtf:

It frikin fractured his vertebrae.

Edited by alphseeker

Oh boy, did Brazil deliver today!!!!

At what cost though? No Silva / No Neymar against a pretty strong looking German Team. That knee to Neymar was the dirtiest play I've seen this year. :wtf:

It frikin fractured his vertebrae.

It didn't look all that terrible when it happened but Neymar had problems with his back lately. Anyway, they say he won't be able to play for a few weeks...

Yeah, Neymar is out for a few weeks, and the yellow card to Thiago Silva was just silly. We have already won a World Cup even without Pelé, who was injured on the very first game of the Chile World Cup in 1962, but back then we had Garrincha, the second best player in Brazil of all time. Who will be able to replace him this time, we are yet to find out.

Costa Rican goalie playing great so far! Not sure the Ticos can overcome the physical Dutch squad. They just grind people down.

Love the commentary calling Robben (Hood) out for being a cheater.

EDIT: Looks like Robben's reputation as a diver may be hurting him. At 34:00 he got taken out and yellow card was given. :applause:

Edited by goose

Around minute 61:00, a foul in the box by the Dutch that went uncalled. More of a foul than what Robben was awarded against Mexico. :angry:

Costa Rica just can't get their advancing passes on target. No real scoring chances. Of course, the Dutch are great at getting to the ball.