Official 2014-2015 NCAA Football thread

Hopefully the Ducks win it all.

Not for me.

I am going to pull for Satan.

I want to see the SEC champion (too bad it had to be Alabama, but it is what it is) beat Oregon in a National Championship Game, again.

At the beginning of the year I was thinking that this might be the year that Alabama slips a little. As the season wore on, they got better and better. In my opinion, they are the best team in college football right now and they are peaking.
  • Like 1

Not for me.

I want to see the SEC champion (too bad it had to be Alabama, but it is what it is) beat Oregon in a National Championship Game, again.

At the beginning of the year I was thinking that this might be the year that Alabama slips a little. As the season wore on, they got better and better. In my opinion, they are the best team in college football right now and they are peaking.

If they're the best team in CFB it's not by much. They had a few close games, more so than in past years. A one point win over Arky, a very close loss to LSU, and a struggle vs Auburn. I don't think they're as good as, say, last year. Good enough to win, sure...but not significant favorites, IMO.

Not for me.

If they're the best team in CFB it's not by much. They had a few close games, more so than in past years. A one point win over Arky, a very close loss to LSU, and a struggle vs Auburn. I don't think they're as good as, say, last year. Good enough to win, sure...but not significant favorites, IMO.

LSU and Auburn are bitter rivals and Arkansas is extremely underrated. Maybe Alabama has had better teams in the recent past but they still look extremely tough. Great defense. Good running game and now they have big play capabilities. Their offense has really taken shape over the last month or so.

Gary Andersen is leaving UW for Oregon State. I'm pretty surprised, it seems like a downgrade, or a lateral move at best. Is he one step ahead of the posse?

Melvin Gordon is going to the NFL as well.

Gary Andersen is leaving UW for Oregon State. I'm pretty surprised, it seems like a downgrade, or a lateral move at best. Is he one step ahead of the posse?

Barry Alvarez to the rescue!

I think Anderson was on the outs here anyway. Seems like the diehard Badger fans were tired of his inconsistency. (I watch the Badgers, but I am in no way a diehard seeing I didn't go to school there)

• Like 1

I think Anderson was on the outs here anyway. Seems like the diehard Badger fans were tired of his inconsistency. (I watch the Badgers, but I am in no way a diehard seeing I didn't go to school there)

Well,

When you lose 59-0 in a championship game things are bound to change. Maybe Alvarez will coach again. He was a great coach!

Well,

When you lose 59-0 in a championship game things are bound to change. Maybe Alvarez will coach again. He was a great coach!

sounds like he will be coaching the bowl game. Doubt he will after that

Well,

sounds like he will be coaching the bowl game. Doubt he will after that

Wonder who they have in mind?

Alvarez had the Buckeyes number back in the day.

Paul Chryst to be next head coach at UW. Not sure I'd be too excited about this if I was a UW fan, but Alvarez' track record IS pretty good.

Wisconsin athletics director Barry Alvarez has targeted Pittsburgh coach Paul Chryst as the Badgers' next head coach, according to a person with knowledge of the matter, and is moving as quickly as possible in an attempt to get a deal done. ​The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk publicly about the coaching search.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported late Thursday night that Chryst was "poised" to return to Wisconsin, where he played quarterback and was offensive coordinator from 2005-2011.

Alvarez released a statement Friday, indicating that Wisconsin can't make an offer to anyone until next Wednesday due to the university's hiring policies.

"We are continuing the process of finding our new head football coach," Alvarez said. "We have not offered the position to anyone."

Chryst, 49, was reportedly Alvarez's first choice after Bret Bielema left in 2012. But with Chryst having been at Pitt for only one season, the timing did not work out.

Chryst is 19-19 at Pitt and has yet to post a winning record in the ACC, but the rationale for Wisconsin would be that a return to Madison, where the foundation for a winning program is already in place, would be a better fit. It would also allow the Badgers to return to the same offense that helped Bielema win a pair of Big Ten titles.

Pitt, meanwhile, would be left looking for a fifth different head coach since 2010 when it fired Dave Wannstedt. The coaching turnover includes the three-week tenure of Mike Haywood, who was fired after being arrested on domestic violence charges, and a one-year stint from Todd Graham, who left for Arizona State.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2014/12/12/wisconsin-paul-chryst-coach-search-pittsburgh/20294763/

Hey all this negative talk about Wisconsin is pure b.s. There going to the championship again.....

Wisconsin Whitewater War Hawks that is, Div III Stagg Bowl were there going to get there ass beat by the Mt. Union Purple Raiders... GO RAIDERS!!! :D

Anyone catch the BYU-Memphis double-overtime brawl? Wicked...

http://espn.go.com/c...each-bowl-fight

The best shot is BYU's #12 giving a cheap shot then getting dropped.

I saw it live but the live broadcast didn't really show the genesis of the fight. My guess is that the BYU players were all hyped up on caffeine.

It's too bad this had to mar what was a pretty good game and a huge win for the Memphis program.

• Like 2

It's UCF vs NC State at the Bitcoin St. Petersburg Bowl.

Wonder if the competing schools insisted in being paid in dollars rather than Bitcoins?

• Like 1

Carolina able to run out the clock and have a winning season!

Yay!

A positive note for the Gamecocks to end on, by beating evil Miami, in a forgettable season.

Still, that positive note is much better note to end on then a negative one would have been by losing to that same evil Miami.

• Like 1

Carolina able to run out the clock and have a winning season!

Yay!

A positive note for the Gamecocks to end on, by beating evil Miami, in a forgettable season.

Still, that positive note is much better note to end on then a negative one would have been by losing to that same evil Miami.

Yeah, I remember when I was a kid and we lost to them in a bowl. Ugh.

Anyway, per Spurrier, all coaches will be retained through the recruiting cycle, and Lattimore will be on the staff next year in a small capacity, so that's that and I'll quit my complaining on that subject, and hope we improve over the off season.

I didn't get to watch it, but the defense seemed to play really well today, got turnovers, and did it without JT Surratt.

Happy New Year, DPR!