Revisiting Rush (First Time Since 7th Grade)

Nate2112

Rush was my favorite band for the longest time. I stopped listening to them in the end of 7th Grade. I joined this forum in the beginning of 7th Grade. I am in 10th now, so I feel it right to "revisit" rush.

Listening to my top 3 of Rush songs:

Test For Echo

Losing It

Subdivisions

I miss the discussions I used to have on this board. I need to be more active in my rush fanboism.

Thanks you TRF for being my first, and my best internet home.

Hugzz and Kissez

Nathan G

• Like 3

I too discovered Rush in 7th grade. I don't think I've ever stopped listening to them (25+ years later). But I can certainly go for long periods without putting on an album as nowdays I try and absorb other bands. But I will always feel some sort of excitement if I hear Rush on the radio, tv, etc...

TRF is a great hideout and glad you enjoy it too. I've been around here pretty much from the beginning. I don't post all that much as I am typically in lurk mode. I think I have the distinction of taking the longest to get their Solar Federalist Badge.

Anyways, Rush on!!!!

Rush was my favorite band for the longest time. I stopped listening to them in the end of 7th Grade. I joined this forum in the beginning of 7th Grade. I am in 10th now, so I feel it right to "revisit" rush.

Wow, you're lucky! I was still listening to crappy AM radio when I was in 7th grade.

Listening to my top 3 of Rush songs:

Test For Echo

Losing It

Subdivisions

What makes those songs so special to you? Just curious to know what affects other people :)

I've been a fan since I was 15 and knew just a little of their catalog. Recently a friend of mine started a Rush tribute band and I started to dive a little deeper after seeing some shows. W-w-w-wow! What was I missing all those years?! I knew Moving Pictures and some radio hits, Spirit Of Radio, New World Man, Freewill but had no idea how hooked I was going to be when he gave me a copy of Hemispheres.

I feel like a kid in a candy store every time I hear a new track. What a gift!

• Like 2

I've been a fan since I was 15 and knew just a little of their catalog. Recently a friend of mine started a Rush tribute band and I started to dive a little deeper after seeing some shows. W-w-w-wow! What was I missing all those years?! I knew Moving Pictures and some radio hits, Spirit Of Radio, New World Man, Freewill but had no idea how hooked I was going to be when he gave me a copy of Hemispheres.

Love your user name and welcome to the TRF. Anybody from or living in MD can't be all bad.... :cheers: :)
  • Like 1

Thanks!

Love your user name and welcome to the TRF. Anybody from or living in MD can't be all bad.... :cheers: :)

Oops. Still figuring out the forum.

Been there brother. You will love it here once you get used to it. People respect strong opinions around here without the personal bullsh*t. Just bring it on and let the chips fall where they may..... :)
  • Like 1

Concentrate on the catalogue up to '97. Disregard the rest.

Why? My buddy told me to start early and work my way up. What happens after 1997?

Why? My buddy told me to start early and work my way up. What happens after 1997?

Please, don't go there!!!!!!!! :banghead:

• Like 3

Great music happens after 1997, IMO (of course you might listen to it and hate it, but I'd try it at least).

Great music happens after 1997, IMO (of course you might listen to it and hate it, but I'd try it at least).

I'll get there. Gedding familiar with the ones my bud's band does and then back to the beginning. He showed me the movie Beyond The Lighted stage. I - I - I just had no idea. Really cool learning more about the band.

Do your self a favor and ignore Gemini. He is a bitter old man who is stuck in the past.

• Like 2

Do your self a favor and ignore Narpski. He is a bitter old man who is stuck in the past.

Fixed.... :D
  • Like 2

I'll get there. Gedding familiar with the ones my bud's band does and then back to the beginning. He showed me the movie Beyond The Lighted stage. I - I - I just had no idea. Really cool learning more about the band.

Isn't it a great documentary?! Make sure to watch all the DVD extras, if you haven't already. Then check out all the extras on the concert DVDs for interviews and funny outtakes—Rush in Rio even has a 55 minute documentary on it.

Welcome aboard, buddy!

Have you been laid yet?

If it makes you feel any better I hadn't even come close at that point. Honesty is the best policy.... :codger:
  • Like 1

Don't listen to Gemini. He always says stuff like that. He thinks anything released this century sucks.

• Like 2

Rush was my favorite band for the longest time. I stopped listening to them in the end of 7th Grade.

I remember when life before the 7th grade seemed like a long time.

*reminisces wistfully*

I started in 1st grade and never looked back.

And yeah, ignore him. Give the post-hiatus stuff a try, you might like it. I can see why some don't from all the layering that's done on the albums, but I really like them.

And yeah, ignore him. Give the post-hiatus stuff a try, you might like it. I can see why some don't from all the layering that's done on the albums, but I really like them.

I don't like all the layering, but I still love Vapor Trails and Clockwork Angels.

I don't like all the layering, but I still love Vapor Trails and Clockwork Angels.

Vapor Trails is good, and Clockwork Angels is the best Rush album of the last 29-30 years.

:moon: to the haters.

• Like 3