neknomination

tx_rush

So, I just heard of this, saw a few people on FB post videos. From the few I saw, they took a shot of some nasty hard alcohol or liqour, then chugged a beer, then took a shot of some other nasty liquor. Then they nominated 2 other people to do the same in the next 24 hours.

Then I read on the internet, people are doing some really crazy and nasty stuff. From what I saw on FB, it actually looked like good fun (if someone nominated me, Id probably do it)

Should we start a TRF Neknomination thread?

There've been several reported instances of alcohol poisoning in young women who inserted alcohol soaked tampons into. . . .well, where tampons are meant to go. It's a fast way of getting alcohol into the bloodstream without all of the calories.

Unfortunately, it also bypasses the body's natural defense mechanism against alcohol poisoning - nausea and vomiting.

It's a stupid game for even more stupid people. There is nothing cool or clever about downing a bottle of wine down in one and worse still a bottle of spirits (which will likely put you in hospital or even kill you.)

Roger Waters had it right, this species has amused itself to death.

I've read about this stupid craze: down some sort of booze and nominate someone else to do some ridiculous stunt. And be lucky they don't die as a result of it.