Why do I do this?

KenJennings

1618520_634469519922585_1234216815_n.jpg

My cousin posted this picture on Facebook yesterday... and I've been thinking about it since. I can never sit still at home and have a phone conversation with someone. The second I pick up my phone or dial a phone, I start meandering aimlessly. I never even thought about it until this picture brought it to my attention.

I'm usually a pretty deliberate, pretty conscious person. But I'm really baffled about this. I pick up a phone, and go into this 'auto pilot' walking mode... all over the place... Just strange!

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

I do this too! I usually find myself in the kitchen and will walk around and around and around the island in there. I always flail my other arm around a lot too, apparently. I wasn't aware I did any of this until my kids started mimicking me!

I do the same thing! I thought I was the only one. I usually walk laps around my living room into my dining room into my kitchen and back around. :LOL:

I do that when I'm brushing my teeth...

I thought you were English.

You have to do more than just present a cliche stereotype to get a laugh.

Apparently not. Two likes and more on the way.

Apparently not. Two likes and more on the way.

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

I didn't laugh. :tsk:

• Like 1

Back in the day before I had a cell phone, we had a cordless phone that would sometimes lose it's sound. We would warn the other party on the phone and tell them I had to beat the phone up, I would then proceed to beat the damn thing against anything hard. Three times is all it took for the sound to come back. The other person could hear us, but we couldn't hear them.

One day, my oldest (she was two!) picked up her toy phone to play with it, listened, babbled little girl todler babble, and then said "ok, hold on." and beat the phone against the wall 3 times and then started talking again. :LMAO:

So cute.

I pace when I talk because I freaking hate talking on the phone and feel trapped. So, I move when I talk.

• Like 2

1618520_634469519922585_1234216815_n.jpg

My cousin posted this picture on Facebook yesterday... and I've been thinking about it since. I can never sit still at home and have a phone conversation with someone. The second I pick up my phone or dial a phone, I start meandering aimlessly. I never even thought about it until this picture brought it to my attention.

I'm usually a pretty deliberate, pretty conscious person. But I'm really baffled about this. I pick up a phone, and go into this 'auto pilot' walking mode... all over the place... Just strange!

I do it too. I often pace around my cube at work or my home office whenever I am thinking or studying. It's as if movement helps me think better or more clearly.

I can't talk without using my hands either.

I sometimes walk around whilst talking on the phone but not every time...

Every time I do the drying up I pace about...

I wander around all over the place while on the phone - I can't stay in one place: I'm either putting the kettle on, making some coffee, in and out of some room, stroking my kittycat and giving her some treats.

I don't talk on the phone at all. I don't even like ordering a pizza. I text, email, message, post, google... why the hell do I even call this thing my phone? It's the only feature I don't use. :huh:
  • Like 2

I don't talk on the phone at all. I don't even like ordering a pizza. I text, email, message, post, google... why the hell do I even call this thing my phone? It's the only feature I don't use. :huh:

Years ago you probably would have been one of those people that wrote 10 page long letters. :)

• Like 1