After six years of TRF online friendship...

doublereeder

That's beautiful. I thought that's how it could be. I have been informed by more than one internet vet here that it's mostly and illusion and that makes me kind of sad. I am older and naive I guess but had hoped to make at least a couple "real" friends here. :cheers: to you for having the chutzpah to make it happen..... :)

Feck what they say, this is real dammit!

It is! I have REAL and true friends I've met through TRF. Friends I know I'll have for a lifetime. We're good like that around here. It's what makes TRF the best! :)

What she said!

Where've you been hiding, facebook? ;)

Bah! Haven't logged into FB in months. I am, however, here every day, but work has kept me from posting as much as I'd like.

That's beautiful. I thought that's how it could be. I have been informed by more than one internet vet here that it's mostly and illusion and that makes me kind of sad. I am older and naive I guess but had hoped to make at least a couple "real" friends here. :cheers: to you for having the chutzpah to make it happen..... :)

It is! I have REAL and true friends I've met through TRF. Friends I know I'll have for a lifetime. We're good like that around here. It's what makes TRF the best! :)

What she said!

Bah! Haven't logged into FB in months. I am, however, here every day, but work has kept me from posting as much as I'd like.

You've gone into lurker mode! :hail:

What she said!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/STFU/watching-you.gif

• Like 2

I've made some great friends that I met from this website. LIX and I have become friends, and we have gotten together with our families. Great times.

Workingcinderellaman and myself started PM on this website. Then we started emailing...then calling. Then he invited me out to Salt Lake to try a little skiing. Then I invited him out to see a White Sox game. Then the family and I went out to Salt Lake. Fast forward a few years, and WCM and I have become such good friends, my wife and I asked WCM to be our youngest daughter's godfather.

I also had the good luck to meet up with TX_Rush when he was up visiting family. I hope to see him next time he is up in Chicago.

There are a lot of quality people who hang out here. :cheers:

I love these stories! I always think it's so cool when people meet and form lasting friendships and relationships through TRF.

There are a number of people I'd really like to meet. There always have been, but a lot of time I see people come and go and then I feel bummed that I never got to meet them.

• Like 2

What she said!

http://img.pandawhale.com/80436-al-pacino-hooah-gif-7qer.gif

• Like 1

I had such a great time! I love TRF, without it I wouldn't have met my husband or many of my best friends! Rush fans are the best people!
  • Like 2

What she said!

I must say you guys have restored my faith in humanity somewhat. The folks I have talked with that are vets of the internet mostly say "real" friends kind of don't happen much if at all. I, for one, really enjoy it here and hope to get a real friend or three out of this ultimately. Thanks for keeping hope alive and :cheers: :)

What she said!

I must say you guys have restored my faith in humanity somewhat. The folks I have talked with that are vets of the internet mostly say "real" friends kind of don't happen much if at all. I, for one, really enjoy it here and hope to get a real friend or three out of this ultimately. Thanks for keeping hope alive and :cheers: :)

How many of us have stayed here for years? I love it here. I like popping my head in everyday and reading new posts, looking at old threads, talking to friends and enlightening everyone on how hot Alex Lifeson is.
  • Like 1

I hope Rush hits Columbia or Greenville on the next tour. It would be awesome to meet Narpet, Mara, DPR, and TombStoneNountain!

I also hope to meet Snowdog and hopefully some of the other Midwest posters at a Chicago show. I may drive up there myself or see if I can get a run to the Downers Grove plant and just take the BNSF Metra line into town.

• Like 1

I hope Rush hits Columbia or Greenville on the next tour. It would be awesome to meet Narpet, Mara, DPR, and TombStoneNountain!

I also hope to meet Snowdog and hopefully some of the other Midwest posters at a Chicago show. I may drive up there myself or see if I can get a run to the Downers Grove plant and just take the BNSF Metra line into town.

Ah, I know the BNSF well.

I can feel the love in here :cheerleader: :D

I can get a little bummed out that I live so far away from most of you, since there is a lot of people from this forum I would like to meet. I guess if I stick around long enough it will eventually happen :).

The line from Time Stand Still sums it up pretty well for me: "I'm not looking back but I want to look around me now. See more of the people and the places that surrounds me now" :hi:

I know of 3 TRF marriages that resulted from introductions and interactions on this board.

Sundog and Digital Man (I think)

Huck Finn and Mrs. Huck Finn

and of course Kid Gloves and Tarkus406.

This is true. Sunny and I "met" here on TRF one July evening in 2005.

We have made quite a lot of real life friends we first met here on TRF. There is a group of about a dozen that try to get together for a weekend every year and we all met right here. I have met a lot of people in person here and there across hte US from this forum and a few other RUSH forums and a few of them have posted in this thread.

• Like 5

I know of 3 TRF marriages that resulted from introductions and interactions on this board.

Sundog and Digital Man (I think)

Huck Finn and Mrs. Huck Finn

and of course Kid Gloves and Tarkus406.

This is true. Sunny and I "met" here on TRF one July evening in 2005.

We have made quite a lot of real life friends we first met here on TRF. There is a group of about a dozen that try to get together for a weekend every year and we all met right here. I have met a lot of people in person here and there across hte US from this forum and a few other RUSH forums and a few of them have posted in this thread.

This is so fantastic! People are meeting the love of their life and good friends all because of this site. It's interesting thinking about how you never would have even known of these people if it weren't for TRF.
  • Like 1

This is awesome to read!

Back in 2006 I took a leap of faith to meet Necromancer and Slacker in person. I was a bit nervous. It was very weird to me but I felt like I really knew them already so that made it easier.

Well, its 2014 and I can’t count how many lasting relationships I have made from this board. I have met and hung out with at least 50 (conservatively) different board members and I still see many at least once a year.

I also have had my daughter become good friends with one member’s family and we have had their daughter over for a week in the summer, and she also spent a week with them. (The Pags family)

It’s hard to really put into words how much this board has impacted my life. And the good times continue! Mind blowing when I think about it.

• Like 8

Dinner is on me if you ever get a run out to Downers Grove. :cheers:

This is awesome to read!

Back in 2006 I took a leap of faith to meet Necromancer and Slacker in person. I was a bit nervous. It was very weird to me but I felt like I really knew them already so that made it easier.

Well, its 2014 and I can’t count how many lasting relationships I have made from this board. I have met and hung out with at least 50 (conservatively) different board members and I still see many at least once a year.

I also have had my daughter become good friends with one member’s family and we have had their daughter over for a week in the summer, and she also spent a week with them. (The Pags family)

It’s hard to really put into words how much this board has impacted my life. And the good times continue! Mind blowing when I think about it.

The wife and I hung out with Necro and Ceej last summer. They toured us around town. They have a lot of really awesome architecture where they lived.

Necro told me how he came up to surprise you at a show you were doing. Your first in a while I think. He showed up and you didn't know he was coming?

We had a blast that weekend.

This is awesome to read!

The wife and I hung out with Necro and Ceej last summer. They toured us around town. They have a lot of really awesome architecture where they lived.

Necro told me how he came up to surprise you at a show you were doing. Your first in a while I think. He showed up and you didn't know he was coming?

It was my first full show with my own band in 15 years. When I saw Kenny and Carol I was absolutely blown away! That amped me up to deliver a powerful performance.

• Like 1

This is awesome to read!

It was my first full show with my own band in 15 years. When I saw Kenny and Carol I was absolutely blown away! That amped me up to deliver a powerful performance.

He said you guys were on too!!

He took us to see a local band that some of his friends were in. They are awesome people and we had a lot of fun!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Kid_Gloves, doublereeder

Hey Alyboo :wub: