After six years of TRF online friendship...

doublereeder

So, in 2008 I decided to join TRF and found myself in the chat nearly every night. In said chat, I befriended Katie (Kid_Gloves aka Mrs. Tarkus406) and a few others (Phil, Tarkus, Christine, Limey, Goob (and his radio show!), etc.). Anyway, she became one of my best friends. We exchanged phone numbers, added each other on Facebook, and have remained just as close as we were in 2008. For those of you reading, it is 2014. That's a lot of friendship. That's a lot longer than most friendships. We always dreamt up situations of visiting each other, but we were never able to make it happen. Katie texted me a few months ago saying her husband was seeing a concert close to my apartment in Chicago. I offered up my two couches for them to crash on and excitedly counted down the days until we could meet. Welp, today was finally the day. I was afraid this would end up like an episode of Catfish (Google it!) but it did not! We've had a great time, and I'm making plans to visit their neck of the woods in June.

http://i.imgur.com/OApBdEc.png

(That's me on the left and Katie/Kid_Gloves/Mrs. Tarkus406 on the right!)

Cool!!! :ebert: