Philip Seymour Hoffman found Dead

Xanadoood

Worst of all, he's got three kids, aged 10, 7, and 5.

What a selfish act....

Agreed. Celebs have a penchant for doing sh*t like this...... :)

Edit: :sigh:

My other post probably came across a little harsh, but his wife and kids don't deserve to be without a husband or father....

It's just sad that someone could value a substance, no matter how it makes you feel, over your wife and family.

They don't value it. They hate it, almost as much as they hate themselves. That's the torture of addiction.

What a sad story.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

What a selfish act....

My other post probably came across a little harsh, but his wife and kids don't deserve to be without a husband or father....

It's just sad that someone could value a substance, no matter how it makes you feel, over your wife and family.

They don't value it. They hate it, almost as much as they hate themselves. That's the torture of addiction.

What a sad story.

Makes sense

What a selfish act....

Please leave this thread.

Agreed. Unless you know how hard addiction is to beat, kindly STFU.

I do, but since you asked so nicely I will....

What a selfish act....

I see no reason too but since you said please I will honor your request. Celebs apparently causing their own deaths doesn't make me sad... I explained the kind of things that do... :)

So celebrities aren't people? That's a crock of shit... Addiction issues are scary, and I've known people close to me affected by them..

And how the f**k have you not heard or seen any movies he's been in?

You're the type of Rush fan that gives others a bad name with your naive, out of touch bullshit

You don't get me or care to know anything about me at all and I think I will hit the high road after that uniformed rant....

Edit: Part of the high road :) <--------------------------------------------

Passive aggressive snarkiness like your post above is not the high road, ignoramus. Rarely do I lose my cool here but when I see ignorance like yours, I have to call bullshit on it. That's how I roll so sue me. You're like Walter Peck in Ghostbusters in that you have no dick. As I said in the previous post I made, unless you truly know what it's like (Well said, Everlast!) to be in an addict's shoes, politely go f**k yourself.

What a selfish act....

I see no reason too but since you said please I will honor your request. Celebs apparently causing their own deaths doesn't make me sad... I explained the kind of things that do... :)

So celebrities aren't people? That's a crock of shit... Addiction issues are scary, and I've known people close to me affected by them..

You're the type of Rush fan that gives others a bad name with your naive, out of touch bullshit

You don't get me or care to know anything about me at all and I think I will hit the high road after that uniformed rant....

Passive aggressive snarkiness like your post above is not the high road, ignoramus. Rarely do I lose my cool here but when I see ignorance like yours, I have to call bullshit on it. That's how I roll so sue me. You're like Walter Peck in Ghostbusters in that you have no dick. As I said in the previous post I made, unless you truly know what it's like (Well said, Everlast!) to be in an addict's shoes, politely go f**k yourself.

I am not going thru this again but does 30 years of nicotine count as an addiction?

In honor of him, I just bought Pirate Radio (aka The Boat That Rocked for you Limey :rush: fans) at my local pawn shop yesterday. Underrated performance and movie.

"Tutti fruiti!" :LOL:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/philip-seymour-hoffman-wont-be-replaced-in-the-hunger-games-films/

Good to know that they won't have to digitally replace him like Ridley Scott did for Oliver Reed in Gladiator.

• Like 1

What a tragic loss! The minute I saw him in "Twister", I knew he'd make it big, only to be taken down way too soon by drug addiction! What a shame! Just shocking!! As I'm the same age, it sure put thinks in perspective.

You never know when your time is up!! LIve life to the fullest!!

RIP Phil!!

What a selfish act....

I am not going thru this again but does 30 years of nicotine count as an addiction?

The trick is finding an innocuous, or even healthy, addiction. Good for you for choosing exercise, mate! :cheers:

BTW, I get your lack of empathy. The guy had everything (seemingly) and he pissed it away on drugs (on the surface, anyway). I can't imagine what internal torment would drive a guy like him to off himself...but like you noted, his tragedy is not unique in the world of celebrity.

• Like 3

He was one of my favorite actors. He always made the movie better, and I was hoping to se more of him in the future.

I feel bad for those left behind.

He always made the movie better,

Yes, no matter what his role. Nicely put.
  • Like 1

What a selfish act....

The trick is finding an innocuous, or even healthy, addiction. Good for you for choosing exercise, mate! :cheers:

BTW, I get your lack of empathy. The guy had everything (seemingly) and he pissed it away on drugs (on the surface, anyway). I can't imagine what internal torment would drive a guy like him to off himself...but like you noted, his tragedy is not unique in the world of celebrity.

Thanks. My intent was not to be cruel or mean. I know what it's like to do something to yourself daily that you know is ultimately destructive but you keep doing it anyway.... :(

In honor of him, I just bought Pirate Radio (aka The Boat That Rocked for you Limey :rush: fans) at my local pawn shop yesterday. Underrated performance and movie.

"Tutti fruiti!" :LOL:

http://www.cbsnews.c...er-games-films/

Good to know that they won't have to digitally replace him like Ridley Scott did for Oliver Reed in Gladiator.

I totally love that movie! I even played a little "homage" here, before Philip's death: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/85304-trf-prediction-thread-and-roast-rushgoobers-30000th-post/page__st__1140&do=findComment&comment=3071804

• Like 1

I'm so very, very sad about this. His being clean was so much of an inspiration to so many. His talent was so immense. I wish we could have him back. I wish I could tell him there is is a better way. I wish he could tell me there is a better way. This wasn't supposed to happen. We are supposed to be given a second chance to get it right, to clean up the mess we've made and to be the person we were designed to be. I miss you so much already Philip. I, so very much, hope that you have found the peace that seemed to elude you on the other side.

• Like 1

This wasn't supposed to happen.

Fact of Life #347: When you overdose on drugs, your death IS supposed to happen.

There is so such thing as destiny. We decide our own futures. Hoffman decided his future (or lack of....).

• Like 2

Fact of Life #347: When you overdose on drugs, your death IS supposed to happen.

There is so such thing as destiny. We decide our own futures. Hoffman decided his future (or lack of....).

There but for the grace of God go I.
  • Like 1

Drug addiction is an awfully difficult illness to cure. I'm blessed to still have the people in my life who have had a history with drugs; been clean for some time. One of my professors just spent the weekend in LA collaborating with some of the directors Mr. Hoffman worked with, and they said they couldn't remember the last time he had been completely clean. Such a sad story, he was such a wonderful talent. RIP. :rose:

Drug addiction is an awfully difficult illness to cure. I'm blessed to still have the people in my life who have had a history with drugs; been clean for some time. One of my professors just spent the weekend in LA collaborating with some of the directors Mr. Hoffman worked with, and they said they couldn't remember the last time he had been completely clean. Such a sad story, he was such a wonderful talent. RIP. :rose:

For those bringing up the " selfish" angle, read this article..

http://www.slate.com...covery_and.html

There but for the grace of God go I.

No matter how you look at this its very sad. :rose:

Very thoughtful and compasionate responses.

• Like 1