Philip Seymour Hoffman found Dead

Xanadoood

Worst of all, he's got three kids, aged 10, 7, and 5.

What a selfish act....

Agreed. Celebs have a penchant for doing sh*t like this...... :)

Edit: :sigh:

Please leave this thread.

I see no reason too but since you said please I will honor your request. Celebs apparently causing their own deaths doesn't make me sad... I explained the kind of things that do... :)

So celebrities aren't people? That's a crock of shit... Addiction issues are scary, and I've known people close to me affected by them..

And how the f**k have you not heard or seen any movies he's been in?

You're the type of Rush fan that gives others a bad name with your naive, out of touch bullshit

• Like 2

What a selfish act....

I see no reason too but since you said please I will honor your request. Celebs apparently causing their own deaths doesn't make me sad... I explained the kind of things that do... :)

So celebrities aren't people? That's a crock of shit... Addiction issues are scary, and I've known people close to me affected by them..

You're the type of Rush fan that gives others a bad name with your naive, out of touch bullshit

You don't get me or care to know anything about me at all and I think I will hit the high road after that uniformed rant....

Edit: Part of the high road :) <--------------------------------------------

Edited by Narpzilla

ok guys ENOUGH. this is a thread about someone who passed away. Can we leave the snarky comments at the door?

hobo, you're right. I'll ease up.

It's just I've seen this type of bulkshit begore where , because of someones celebrity status, and drugs being involved, people showing no compassion for their death. I just find it to be a completely ridiculous attitude.

• Like 1

What a selfish act....

You don't get me or care to know anything about me at all and I think I will hit the high road after that uniformed rant....

You're right. You take pictures of yourself running on the treadmill at Planet Fitness.

You aren't a tool at all.

My apologies

What a selfish act....

You're right. You take pictures of yourself running on the treadmill at Planet Fitness.

My apologies

High road

That's too bad. He was a great actor.

He's kind of etched himself into our household as every time we have bad weather here in Orlando, my wife and I quote him from Twister by saying, "I'ts lookin' ta hit Wakeeta"!!!

But what I found even more shocking is that I had to have gone to school with him when I was a kid.

I'm a month older than him and grew up in the same town that he did, Fairport, New York so we had to have gone to the same elementary schools. I have no recollection of the name though.

RIP

What a selfish act....

My apologies

High road

I'm going to take the high road, yes, but before I go.. Can I try and guess the last movie you saw in the theater was?

Close encounters of the third kind? maybe ET?

Am I close?

What a selfish act....

My apologies

High road

I'm going to take the high road, yes, but before I go.. Can I try and guess the last movie you saw in the theater was?

Am I close?

Saving Mr. Banks. I mean this in all sincerity...... I am not here to pretend I am something I am not. If i say I haven't ever seen an episode of The Simpsons for example... That means that I have not ever seen an episode of The Simpsons. I am here to be honest first and foremost and have some fun and not to make enemies. I say we bury the hatchet now and move on with our lives and I will let the personal crap roll of my back.... :cheers: :)
  • Like 4

What a selfish act....

My apologies

High road

Am I close?

Saving Mr. Banks. I mean this in all sincerity...... I am not here to pretend I am something I am not. If i say I haven't ever seen an episode of The Simpsons for example... That means that I have not ever seen an episode of The Simpsons. I am here to be honest first and foremost and have some fun and not to make enemies. I say we bury the hatchet now and move on with our lives and I will let the personal crap roll of my back.... :cheers: :)

Don't come into a thread disrespecting a death of someone just cause they are a celebrity.

No cheers for you. I stand by my comments about your out of touch, naive, small world view ignorance.

• Like 1

One my rare forays into TRF.

Such a wonderful actor, he lit up the screen every time he appeared on it. May he rest in peace, sometimes the demons win, and the troubled souls lose.

Some of the comments, further evidence that I'm missing little on here.

• Like 2

He was a great artist and I surely will miss him. I did not know much at all about his personal life, but it always came through his performances that he was a kind of restless soul... RIP.

Agreed...I was never sure how much of it was performance and how much was his actual personality. Such a shame - he was a great actor indeed, even in not so good movies like "Along Came Polly". I was planning on watching "Before the Devil Knows You´re Dead" with him and Ethan Hawke one of these days, and now there´s another reason to watch it.

• Like 2

He was a great artist and I surely will miss him. I did not know much at all about his personal life, but it always came through his performances that he was a kind of restless soul... RIP.

Agreed...I was never sure how much of it was performance and how much was his actual personality. Such a shame - he was a great actor indeed, even in not so good movies like "Along Came Polly". I was planning on watching "Before the Devil Knows You´re Dead" with him and Ethan Hawke one of these days, and now there´s another reason to watch it.

He was fantastic in Along Came Polly.

Let it rain!!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/02/02/philip_seymour_hoffman_s_best_performances_in_bad_movies_from_twister_to.html

Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 2

Hey, I should have that movie around somewhere... and my wife is in a total Ethan Hawke phase after seeing the "Before..." trilogy. Thanks for reminding!

Let it rain!!

http://www.slate.com...twister_to.html

Yesterday my wife and I were talking in the car about Hoffman's death (he and I are the same age, actually). My kids asked who he was. My wife said "He was the "let it rain" guy."

• Like 1