The very LAST Rush concert should be played at...

Thunder Bay Rush

Anywhere in the State I live in. The closer to home, the better.

You'll have to make a trip home for the boy's last gig, you can stay with us!

I would be honored to stay with you and your lovely wife! And I think I would kiss the pavement of NYC should I ever have the fortune to walk on it one more time in my life - so incredibly happy I would be just to be home again.

• Like 1

Anywhere in the State I live in. The closer to home, the better.

You'll have to make a trip home for the boy's last gig, you can stay with us!

I would be honored to stay with you and your lovely wife! And I think I would kiss the pavement of NYC should I ever have the fortune to walk on it one more time in my life - so incredibly happy I would be just to be home again.

"First off, you see gum on the street, leave it there. It isn't free candy."

• Like 1

Radio City Music Hall - New York City

:rush: :Alex: :rush: :Neil: :rush: :geddy: :rush:

I'd make every effort to go... I Love Rush and I Love NYC!

You can stay with us as well, the more the merrier!

• Like 2

I have a feeling that the last show will just happen not set up in anyway, just the final show of the tour and ....then there just will be no more.

Exactly.

There is no way they're gonna take the obvious route and invite the kind of pandemonium that would accompany actually announcing a "final show". Peart would never show up. :D

I don't know where else to put it, but I'm kinda miffed that it's called Rogers Center instead of SkyDome. SkyDome just have that certain mystique that I can't describe. I don't know when the last Rush show will be. It will be when the guys really call it quits. It just can't be one where it's going to be announced as "The Last Show."

I'm down with the backyard idea. How many members of TRF are there actively? Someone on here probably has a big enough piece of property, for parking, etc., and, frankly, I don't see why Rush wouldn't do it. If there are 10,000 people on here willing to pay $200 to see the final show, isn't that $2,000,000. Rush wouldn't play a gig for $2 million?

When the Police reunited, they did a “private” show for their fan club in Vancouver before the tour started. Tickets were only available to fan club members. It was at the hockey arena and they put curtains up around to make it a more intimate setting. I was there and it was a great show. Wouldn’t it be cool if Rush did the same thing for their last show? They could offer members of this forum (with a cut-off date for membership) a chance to buy tickets at a smaller intimate setting (Massey Hall!). It would be really something to get 2-3000 Rush fanatics in the same venue for a final show!
  • Like 1

Maybe the last show has already been played. Boy I hate to even think that but I needed to say it out loud.
  • Like 1

You just know at the last concert they have to go all out. Bring out all the long songs. 2112, the Cygnus X-1 suite, The Fountain of Lamneth, The Necromancer, By-Tor and the Snow Dog...you literally couldn't have a final Rush concert without these songs. Ok, maybe cut out The Necromancer, but come on...who would really know the Caress of Steel songs? :P

I think a good ending song would be The Garden. It just has a good sense of finality to it when it ends, it would definitely be an opportunity missed for them to just skip it over as being the last song they play live. And do it with a full orchestra, not a small string section.