So... What's happening on the 40th Anniversary?

Freeze-Frame

Not really anything. Geddy has said that they did it up really big for the 30th, and it doesn't seem that they're interested in doing anything big after the mammoth tour that just ended a few months ago. They are taking a very well-deserved break, and with regard to whatever is next- we'll see.

I believe they could have one more great album in them, and possibly even two. But my advice to you is to not look for any new developments on the touring and/or new music fronts for at least 18 months, and maybe longer. Judging by the 'breaks' they've taken over the past ten years or so, I'd say it'll be more like two years from now.

You can surely count on the wall of sound guitar, muddied bass, and tupperware drums.

:wtf:

Do not resist. Bow and listen. :notworthy:

Nah. Not my style. Is GR79 a fan? He really seems to hate these guys. :huh:

• Like 1

You can surely count on the wall of sound guitar, muddied bass, and tupperware drums.

I think he's projecting his personal feelings about himself onto the members of Rush.

I think I'm going to look into starting The GeminiRising79 Forum...

• Like 3

he's part of the "old rush good, all music after 1982 bad" club

I probably won’t see many of you agreeing with this, but I’d have no problem if Rush announced that they were retiring. They’ve given us 40 years of wicked music… and tons more. Neil has a little girl now… Big Al is a grampa… Geddy has his wine collection and baseball to keep him company.

I probably won’t see many of you agreeing with this, but I’d have no problem if Rush announced that they were retiring. They’ve given us 40 years of wicked music… and tons more. Neil has a little girl now… Big Al is a grampa… Geddy has his wine collection and baseball to keep him company.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they retired from touring but I still think they've got a couple of albums left in them.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they retired from touring but I still think they've got a couple of albums left in them.

I'm thinking one more album, one more tour and then that's it. I wouldn't be surprised if the next tour is really scaled down.
  • Like 1

It's worse than that.

• Like 1

2014 Setlist: The Down with Crickets Tour

Set 1:

Crickets Cry

Cricketsvan

Red BarCrickets

Nobody's Cricket

Cut to the Cricket

The Main Crickets Business

Clockwork Crickets

The AnarCricket

Crickets

Crickets X-1

Set 2:

Cricketsphere (Prelude)

FreeCrickets

Cricket's Ladder

New World Crickets

Distant Early Crickets

Crickets Stand Still

Crickets Science

YYC/ The Cricket Method (Drum Solo)

Acoustic Cricket Solo/ The Crickets

Cricketdu (Entire)

2112/ Temple of Crickets/ Finale

Encore:

Spirit of the Cricket

Tom Cricket

Headlong Crickets

It's worse than that.

and he doesn't even like old rush anymore since he "found out" that they "ripped off" journey

After 85' to be accurate....... :)

as for the folks saying they've got several albums left in them - I don't think there's a chance. I don't see how they could top clockwork angels, I mean they've taken the modern rock thing they've been doing for 20 years as far as it can go, and clockwork was their best album in 20 something years I thought, so unless the next record is a prog album like their 70s/early 80s stuff, which we know it won't be, I'm perfectly fine with them going out with clockwork
  • Like 2

as for the folks saying they've got several albums left in them - I don't think there's a chance. I don't see how they could top clockwork angels, I mean they've taken the modern rock thing they've been doing for 20 years as far as it can go, and clockwork was their best album in 20 something years I thought, so unless the next record is a prog album like their 70s/early 80s stuff, which we know it won't be, I'm perfectly fine with them going out with clockwork

If Clockwork is the last "new" music they make, I can make peace with that. I don't want to hear more of that type of recording anyway..... :)

If Clockwork is the last "new" music they make, I can make peace with that. I don't want to hear more of that type of recording anyway..... :)

What "type" are you referring to?

The layers upon layers upon layers..... :huh:

Awesome.

Ah... I agree with that. :boo hiss:

• Like 1

Ah... I agree with that. :boo hiss:

It really is hard for me to listen too. Don't like VT for the same reason. Way to much noise. Just my opinion... :)