Debut album to get deluxe treatment in 2014

Rushman14

Before: Rush, as in headrush or mind-blowing experience

Now: Rush, as in hurry up and sell anything we can, while we can!

Do you think they should be above making a living from their music? They really do very little compared to a lot of other bands. KISS being the prime example.

There lies the danger of going too far. I don't mind a band merchandising their art form by enhancing records, etc. KISS stepped over the line a long long long time ago. Their egregious merchandising is a joke and I no longer even consider them to be a band of even musicians for that matter. Those guys decided selling toys, condoms and caskets was far more lucrative and easier than selling music, so they're basically content to play 30+ year old music night after night.

Thankfully Rush haven't gone down that path.

Surprisingly I didnt see a thread on this so....

According to a Toronto Globe and Mail article posted yesterday, Rush will be releasing a re-issue of their 1974 debut album to celebrate the 40th anniversary since its release next year. The article cites an interview with Universal Music Canada's VP of catalog marketing Ivar Hamilton: .. Hamilton cites the Canadian hard-rock trio Rush as an example of active partners in the process, saying the band members are "very involved" in next year's 40th-anniversary reissue of the group's self-titled debut album. ...

No other details regarding the re-issue are currently available, but it will likely include a re-master of the album, new and expanded liner notes and hopefully some other goodies. More information as we learn it.

Awesome!!

Though it's not the full Rush w/o NPs lyrics and drumming, it still have a very rough and raw ballsy quality that gets in your spine.

Whoo-yeah Whoo-yeah…. comin' out to getcha...

Before: Rush, as in headrush or mind-blowing experience

Now: Rush, as in hurry up and sell anything we can, while we can!

Hardly.

Rush puts a ton of creative thought integrity and work into everything they do. Even re-issues.

You clearly don't realize what goes into this effort.

Why does everyone whinge about rereleases? Don't buy them if you don't want them!

They are good advertising, as any new release creates some new interest, no one complains when a classic film gets a cinematic re-release, so why should albums be any different? For new fans such releases can feel like a treat, as we weren't there to witness all the evolving magic first hand.

I will never see them live in their prime, so to have a share in the modern celebration of a classic rock band gives me some sort of reason to feel a part of something.

• Like 2

Another vote for the Laura Secord performance...

Maybe just fix the tape glitch on the guitar intro to Finding My Way.

What tape glitch?

At 28 seconds in. A quite noticeable dip in volume or mistake in the recording process. Give it a listen, it is there. I might be nit-picking but I've always thought it could have been fixed sometime.

Another vote for the Laura Secord performance...

Maybe just fix the tape glitch on the guitar intro to Finding My Way.

What tape glitch?

At 28 seconds in. A quite noticeable dip in volume or mistake in the recording process. Give it a listen, it is there. I might be nit-picking but I've always thought it could have been fixed sometime.

Oh, I know what you're talking about now. I always thought it was supposed to be that way :LOL:

Oh great. There's nothing wrong with the album as it is. If they remaster it I hope they don't screw it up. I hate to be cynical but after this last DVD release it makes me wonder.

I agree. Leave it alone! The E.S.L video is a perfect example of that with the stupid audience enhancement to the removal of ...We have assumed control! The ONLY cool thing was the addition of ONE word........Montreal!

some new info

http://img.rush.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/rush_product.jpg

In March of 1974, Rush released their self-titled debut through the band's own indie label, Moon Records in Canada, and quickly sold out of the initial 3500 copies originally pressed. Moon Records would soon become Anthem Records, which launched in 1977, and continues to serve as the band's only Canadian record company.

To mark the band's 40-year recording career, on April 15, 2014, Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) will celebrate with the vinyl reissue of the original Moon Records (pre-Mercury) release of Rush, as part of Universal's reDISCovered vinyl series. Housed in a sturdy, custom box with a lift-off top, this landmark album is pressed on 200g, audiophile grade vinyl, from the original 1974 analog stereo masters, cut to copper plates using the Direct Metal Mastering (DMM) process at the legendary Abbey Road Studios. Rush also features the original Moon Records jacket art, complete with the original MN-100-A/B Matrix etching, and will include a 16"x22" reproduction of the first Rush promo poster, three 5"x7" lithographs of Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and John Rutsey, a 12"x12" Rush Family Tree poster, and a digital download card for a free digital copy of this newly remastered release.

Featuring the band's original line up, Lee, Lifeson and Rutsey, Rush's eponymous 1974 debut features eight hard-hitting rockers including "Finding My Way," the fast-paced "Need Some Love," "Take A Friend," "What You're Doing," the southern rock vibe of "In The Mood," and their U.S. breakthrough anthem "Working Man" which was made famous by Cleveland, Ohio's WMMS radio station. Other tracks include the more melodic "Here Again" and the atmospheric "Before and After," which gradually builds into a burst of power chords and heavy guitar riffs.

Rush Rediscovered LP Box Set will be limited, pre-order your copy now:

Edited by Rushman14

Do a lot if people still have turntables to play vinyl records? I do but I haven't used it in over 20 years. I'm not even sure that the current receiver I have has inputs for one.

Do a lot if people still have turntables to play vinyl records? I do but I haven't used it in over 20 years. I'm not even sure that the current receiver I have has inputs for one.

yeah kinda surprised they didn't throw a CD into the set.

• Like 1