Car prejudices

Mara

I should also mention I live in California where we are all a-hole drivers. But there's something extra "special" here about the jerks that own Prius models.

Laurie David (ex wife of Larry David of Seinfield fame) drives a Prius, and will chastise SUV drivers at stop lights for driving the environmental nightmares...Yet Ms. David flies a private jet to and from her homes in NY and LA because flying commercial is beneath her. :facepalm:

If she ever leaves her comfortable little bastion of tree-hugging (I'm guessing she splits time between CA and NY, like all entertainment industry snots "we're just people like everyone else" yeah right bullshit, lady), she might find that's not a wise idea. I'd like to see her pull that stunt in Texas.

I have a feeling that she wouldn't be caught dead in Texas, or anywhere in "fly over" country.
  • Like 1

I don't know quite how to say this without sounding mean or insensitive, but why is it that having a Disabled Person plate generally means the driver is really, really, really slow? It's not always because they're elderly either.

I had a temp Handicapped tag when I had my hip replaced and believe me, it didn't seem to affect the drag coefficient of my car.

It will probably mean they are elderly as well as being disabled and not quite as confident as they once were.

My wife is a disabled driver and is certainly neither slow nor hesitiant.

I'm never in such a hurry that I can't cut other motorists a little slack...after all, speed limits are MAXIMUM speeds, not minimum.

• Like 1

When I owned it, I never cut anyone off in my 1988 Volvo 240DL Battleship. I didn't think it was possible...No pick-up!

That was one solid ass car.

I donated it to the Vietnam Vets earlier this year.

I'm wondering what people think about those Honda Accord drivers...

Scion: Driver probably can't decorate or dress themselves to save their life because who else would drive a car that looks like a shoe-box?

Careful there - I drive the original Toaster On Wheels, an Element. And oh wait - I cannot decorate and I feel totally out of place if I'm wearing anything besides jeans. So, ummmm.

Anyway, I saw something that scared me today.

A Volkswagen Beetle. You know, with the stupid bud vase on the dash.

It had flower decals over the tail lights. And worse, EYELASHES over the headlamps. No really, I am not lying. WHAT KIND OF RAINBOW FAIRY-FARTING TWIT DOES THIS????? And it was an ADULT.

I kept that chick in front of me. Someone like that, you need to know where they are in relation to you at all times.

We have one like that here. Light green. Daisy wheels and light covers etc.. Driven by a bearded guy. But then this town still thinks its 1969.

• Like 1

I laugh at the bumper stickers that say, "Not another Prius" even though we now have one. A Prius V which is their wagon. My wife drives a lot in town for her job and we needed a new car that also has room in the back and this one fit the bill. It's not like I care more about the environment than the next guy but I certainly care as much about the bank account as most people.

But I drive a Nissan pickup 90% of the time so the whole anti-Prius thing doesn't bother me.

As for compensation, I guess women use shoes and handbags as compensation for small tits or low self-esteem (more likely).

Shouldn't you be driving something like this? :huh:

http://www.americandreamcars.com/1967galaxie500xl390.jpg

Nice '67...

They're more concerned with long-term value and practicality as opposed to coolness factor. Much like Toyota Camry drivers. (I've had two Accords and a Camry).

• Like 2

Well, in the spirit of stereotyping, here is one:

SUV drivers in general: narcisstic assholes and/or bitches who don't give a shit about common courtesy on the road, and who also likely imagine themselves to be cool outdoorsy types but for whom that is just a deeply false self-delusion.

These f*ckers will pull right up to an intersection, totally blocking the view of anybody in smaller vehicles beside them so those other people cannot see whether it is safe to turn out into the roadway or not and have to sit there till the stupid SUV finally moves on. Many times I have wished I carried around a bazooka so I could just hop out of my car and blow that offending SUV and totally thoughtless, inconsiderate driver in it to hell where they belong.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 3

Any man in an overly lifted 4wd anything has a small dick in my eyes.

Anyone that drives an import (not a rice grinder) likes to cut off my car on the freeway. To me, they are passive aggressive self indulgent and self important jackwagons.

Depends.

Does it look like this?

http://media.motortopia.com/files/5100/vehicle/460c6fb00a003/ricer-max.jpg

:wtf: !!

Or small gonads.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/GETBENTSTER/FUNNY%20SHIT/this-chevrolet-has-balls.jpg

I would bet the ladies here would assume small peni from a mile away on that driver....... :)

Depends.

Does it look like this?

http://media.motortopia.com/files/5100/vehicle/460c6fb00a003/ricer-max.jpg

This is not your Dad's Accord.... :no:

Is this all overly lifted 4wd vehicles? Or just the guys that only drive in town?

I think I remember reading in this thread somewhere that it was all jacked up trucks. It may have been Mara and she knows her sh*t and is as bad ass as they come. Sorry dude.... :( :D-13: Edited by Narpet

Is this all overly lifted 4wd vehicles? Or just the guys that only drive in town?

Any dood that drives an overly jacked rig shows off his under jacked parts. ;)

Usually they are short men or young girls that think they are tough just because they drive one. The guys will have the "I'm too f***ing cool" slouch going on with one hand by their mouth. The girls will have shades and tank tops and not know what the f**k they are doing. :LOL: