I'm in the DVD

Hemispheric Waves

I was standing next to the Moving Pictures guys right in front of Ged's microphone, Row 1, Seat 1. I was wearing my Snakes and Arrows black polo and a no shave November beard. Hopefully I won't be forever embarrased by doing something stupid looking.
  • Like 6

Pretty sweet. I made it into the last Pantera home video, but you'd never know it was me unless you're me—it's a quick shot of their head of security, big val, coming to the rail to shake my hand, but it's so crowded I'm barely visible.
  • Like 1

I was standing next to the Moving Pictures guys right in front of Ged's microphone, Row 1, Seat 1. I was wearing my Snakes and Arrows black polo and a no shave November beard. Hopefully I won't be forever embarrased by doing something stupid looking.

I am so jealous!

• Like 1

I’m in the Grace Under Pressure concert DVD that was taped in Toronto… I’m somewhere mixed in with the 15,000 or so other people. That’s me, way the heck up near the rafters wearing the ball cap and Maple Leafs sweater… you can’t see me, that’s all.

One thing I do find kind of interesting, is the night they taped the show, during one of the songs (I think during Red Sector A) one of the two flash pots failed to ignite (there was one set up on each side of the stage.) For some strange reason, I remembered that for quite a while.

Being a musician at the time, I used to pay attention to things like that… production, lights, effects, how the stage and speakers were set up. And, years later, when I finally watched the DVD, yep, one of those goddam flash pots failed to “blow up.” That’s the only way of knowing that I was there that night and there wasn’t any swapping of footage to make their movie.

• Like 1