The Garden!

English Muffin

I loved the camera shots and didn't find the editing as problematic as on other Rush DVDs. Lots of long cuts with a moving camera...I'm not sure what you guys are seeing. This looked amazing to me.

What's your ranking of Rush videos with regards to editing?

I'd have to watch again. When I have the DVDs on I'm usually barely paying attention to the visuals. I watch closely the first time, but otherwise have it on when friends are over or when I'm doing something else.

I loved the camera shots and didn't find the editing as problematic as on other Rush DVDs. Lots of long cuts with a moving camera...I'm not sure what you guys are seeing. This looked amazing to me.

What's your ranking of Rush videos with regards to editing?

I'd have to watch again. When I have the DVDs on I'm usually barely paying attention to the visuals. I watch closely the first time, but otherwise have it on when friends are over or when I'm doing something else.

That's probably why you aren't as picky about the editing as I am. I don't watch the videos particularly often, but when I do, I either watch them as an event, i.e., sitting down to watch a Rush video, or I watch them while I'm jogging on my mini-trampoline, an activity that requires me both to keep my eyes open and to have something else to concentrate on so I don't lose my mind with boredom. If I'm not going to be actually watching the videos, I just play the audio recording.

For the record, I consider whether or not the video editing is good on the concert film to be absolutely the least important aspect of a Rush album/tour/live release cycle, by a huge margin. A good audio recording is essential, but a good concert film is merely a bonus. So I'm not as unhappy with this whole thing as my disparaging remarks about the editing might suggest ;) :LOL:

I don't care much (i.e. not at all) about the editing technically, but I'm not happy when they don't show the crucial elements of a song. An example that stands out in my memory is the Rio DVD showing Neil toss a stick at the end of the YYZ solo. He's tossing a stick because he has nothing to do for a couple of seconds while Alex is killing it off camera. I thought TMT was the best at capturing the essential elements of the songs, though there's a spot in Marathon where showing the arena was a bad idea. Edited by Slack jaw gaze
  • Like 2

I truly hate to be the one to bring this up but Geddy goes flat several times during the song. Specially during the verses and in contrast of the backups. Sorry, I'm really not being negative just objective, not trolling here just disappointed. You can tell its one of the last songs in the show. He sounds tired on this song. Other than that the song sounds flawless. The Video quality is simply superperb! Oh well you decapitate my head now. :scared:

on point bro...my least favorite track live. The album cut is what I'll listen to forever
  • Like 1

I truly hate to be the one to bring this up but Geddy goes flat several times during the song. Specially during the verses and in contrast of the backups. Sorry, I'm really not being negative just objective, not trolling here just disappointed. You can tell its one of the last songs in the show. He sounds tired on this song. Other than that the song sounds flawless. The Video quality is simply superperb! Oh well you decapitate my head now. :scared:

on point bro...my least favorite track live. The album cut is what I'll listen to forever

TM you know how much I love CA and this RUSH. You also know how hard it must have been to come out and actually say something negative towards one of these guys but I just couldn't sit idelely by knowing what I heard and call it Gold when its wasn't. Honestly, I hope the rest of the Album/DVD sounds better. I was really hoping for some great renditions of all the CA songs and a few other (Middletown Dream, Grand Design, The Body Electric, Territories, Manhattan Project and Where's my Thing?) off the first set on video. :codger:

This clip is incredible and I love it. So excited for this DVD, it will probably be their best live effort, ever.

However, in the clip, I was a bit concerned that I couldn't hear Geddy enunciating very well. Especially putting the "t" on the end of "protect," and things like that. Then I went on youtube and watched random recordings of the show, and you can clearly hear him singing it perfectly. Seems we lose a bit in the recording process?

This clip is incredible and I love it. So excited for this DVD, it will probably be their best live effort, ever.

However, in the clip, I was a bit concerned that I couldn't hear Geddy enunciating very well. Especially putting the "t" on the end of "protect," and things like that. Then I went on youtube and watched random recordings of the show, and you can clearly hear him singing it perfectly. Seems we lose a bit in the recording process?

I'm going to reserve judgment on the sound until I actually have the Blu-ray itself. Anytime anything is uploaded to the Internet you're going to lose quality.

TM you know how much I love CA and this RUSH. You also know how hard it must have been to come out and actually say something negative towards one of these guys but I just couldn't sit idelely by knowing what I heard and call it Gold when its wasn't. Honestly, I hope the rest of the Album/DVD sounds better. I was really hoping for some great renditions of all the CA songs and a few other (Middletown Dream, Grand Design, The Body Electric, Territories, Manhattan Project and Where's my Thing?) off the first set on video. :codger:

This burden is heavy for L2K I know...must be tough to carry it all by yourself. How do you cope?

This burden is heavy for L2K I know...must be tough to carry it all by yourself. How do you cope?

I watch the Walking Dead and name the Zombies after members of TRF. Its always warms my heart and allows for a much deeper sleep when GeminiRising is decapitated by Michonne in the name of :rush: .

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 2

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202013%20Milwaukee%204%20July/IMG_3769_zps61319671.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202013%20Milwaukee%204%20July/IMG_3768_zpsebc73c1f.jpg

Edited by Huge Ackman
  • Like 4

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202012%20The%20Palace%20Detroit/IMG_2856_zpsf124bc32.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202012%20San%20Jose/IMG_3199.jpg

Edited by Huge Ackman
  • Like 4

There's nothing wrong with the vocals, he just sings it differently. After listening to it 5 or 6 times, I don't notice any issues because it doesn't sound "different" any more.

By different, do you mean "out of tune"? Are you a kindergarten teacher by trade?

• Like 2

There's nothing wrong with the vocals, he just sings it differently. After listening to it 5 or 6 times, I don't notice any issues because it doesn't sound "different" any more.

By different, do you mean "out of tune"? Are you a kindergarten teacher by trade?

Dude It's a great video and song but Geddy does sing below the pitch on several occasions. :(

I watch the Walking Dead and name the Zombies after members of TRF. Its always warms my heart and allows for a much deeper sleep when GeminiRising is decapitated by Michonne in the name of :rush: .

2K......... If I am ever honored enough to receive a Zombie name, please let know. Thanks :coy:
  • Like 1

2K......... If I am ever honored enough to receive a Zombie name, please let know. Thanks :coy:

Will do! :LOL:

Yay, If this is any indication what the rest of the concert will look/sound like (which I am sure it is), then this definitely will be my favorite live album when it comes out. I love the camera work in this one.

Yeah, no kidding it looks and sounds INCREDIBLE. I really hope it all sounds as clear and as good as this does.

The Garden is awesome enough but as he did all tour, Geddy's walk to the back to give the stage to Alex for his terrific solo is just plain epic.

Yeah I noticed that too, like the old days where the guitarist just stands out for the epic solo.

What's Geddy do during The Analog Kid solo, leave the building?

• Like 1

RIR has a ton more jarring cuts to it IIRC.

Yes, indeed it does! In my opinion, RIR is the worst of the worst of Rush videos. Though it does have that cool special feature of the individual member cam. Now, that's something I hope they do for this release!

• Like 1

Yes, indeed it does! In my opinion, RIR is the worst of the worst of Rush videos. Though it does have that cool special feature of the individual member cam. Now, that's something I hope they do for this release!

2112 is a great example of shots going spazzy all over for Rush in Rio. And YYZ.