15 - Best Song From Counterparts

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1110 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Animate
    • Stick It Out
    • Cut to the Chase
    • Nobody's Hero
    • Between Sun and Moon
    • Alien Shore
    • The Speed of Love
    • Double Agent
    • Leave That Thing Alone
    • Cold Fire
    • Everyday Glory

I picked Cut to the Chase

but I have to give it up for Speed of Love. I really like the drumming on that song. Plus the line:

We don't have to talk

We don't even have to touch

I can feel your presense in the silence that we sharing

This really got my wife when I said it to her once. wub.gif

OK folks...hope you can help me out...Son age 16 is a huge 2.gif fan, as is the old man 1022.gif . Anyone have a lead on getting the bass sheet music, tabs, guitar pro etc. for Leave That Thing Alone? He has bits and pieces figured out, but there are parts that are confused13.gif

Would be much appreciated

Stick it Out-nice and noisy

Double Agent. That song is SICK!!

The whole album is incredible, one of my top 3 RUSH albums for sure. The only one I ever sometimes skip is The Speed of Love and even that's better than half of Test for Echo.

QUOTE (njcruzr @ Oct 19 2007, 03:32 PM)
OK folks...hope you can help me out...Son age 16 is a huge 2.gif fan, as is the old man 1022.gif . Anyone have a lead on getting the bass sheet music, tabs, guitar pro etc. for Leave That Thing Alone? He has bits and pieces figured out, but there are parts that are confused13.gif

Would be much appreciated

I figured this out for myself, it's really not all that hard once you figure out the main part.

I've never read any sheet music on it but I always play it in A.

The bass line for the breakdown (with the pipe organ part) is just a bunch pull-offs but that alternate between A and E.

I had always wrote this song off as one of those "I can never play this song" songs, until I actually sat down and really tried to learn it. Your son can too!

Geddy is truly an amazing bassist, my hero!

QUOTE (Skydivingninja @ Dec 18 2007, 01:50 PM)
This is hard.  Counterparts is the best poppy Rush album.

I'll go with Between Sun & Moon, followed by Animate and LTTA

I just recently started listening to this album again after months of constant Snakes and Arrows and have to say it's my new favorite! Geddy's voice is in absolute top form; Alex's solos are amazing, and Neil, as always, is indescribable.

My favorite tracks are Cut to the Chase, Double Agent, and Nobody's Hero. I love the synthesized orchestral line with French horn at the end of Nobody's Hero. What a great album! I actually missed it when it first came out; I was still disappointed in Rush after the less-than-impressive albums Hold Your Fire and Presto and so I didn't pay any attention to Counterparts - same with Roll The Bones. (Besides, I was busy having babies those years ;-).

Definitely the best of the bubble-gum Rush and showing an edge of the rock Rush underneath it all.

L

Counterparts was my second Rush album ever, the first being A Show of Hands because it had Time Stand Still on it (I saw the video and wanted the song). I had heard Stick it Out on the radio and me and my friend joked about it, calling it "Alice n' Rush" because it was grungy-sounding like the then-big band Alice in Chains. After the thing growing on me I bought the album and seriously it's still one of my favorites they've ever done. The sound on it is incredible, IMO.

Everyday Glory is a great song, especially if you're a child of divorce. Very powerful stuff. I don't think they've played it live yet but I could be wrong.

Good thing you discovered it now!

This is another album that there is no weak track. I love them all for different reasons.

I got into Rush because of an instrumental, that being La Villa Strangiato. So I voted for LTTA.

Its one of the few Rush songs I can play all the way through on guitar.